Thinking of getting UE 6000
Mar 27, 2013 at 6:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jepherz

New Head-Fier
I listened to it in BestBuy whiling originally searching for the ATH-M50. I haven't listened to the M50 before though, can't find it anywhere to demo. I tried the ATH-A900X and didn't like it at all, so I like some bass in the headphones but I still don't consider myself a real big basshead. Are there any other closed can headphones that I should check out around the same price range?

Also, I found out the earpads on the UE 6000 can't be replaced even though it has a detachable cable that can be replaced eventually if it ever breaks x.x This worries me... I've never owned a pair of expensive headphones before. How likely is it for the ear pads to wear out over the years and what can I do about it if I can't replace them?

Mar 27, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #2 of 3
IMO the A900X was clearly better sounding than the UE6000 and more comfortable/durable to boot. It's too bad you don't like them.

If you want more bass, try the DT770/80 or HFI-580.

Mar 27, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 3
The A900X actually doesn't even fit on my head, it just slips off... I want more bass than the A900X offers but not much more than the UE 6000 does. I might even be fine with less bass, but I feel the bass isn't even there on the A900X. I listen to a variety of music, when I listen to rock/rap/hip-hop I like to hear the boom, but I also listen to ballads and like to hear the highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back