thinking of getting a pair of RE0's , have a few questions first...
Oct 4, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #16 of 27
I have been using RE0's and a Fii0 E5 with my clip+ for about a month now with no complaints so far. the E5 definitely improves some music, but not all. If you find the sweet spot on the bass boost switch that is right in the middle, it makes a difference. I can't say to much about durability as I've only had them for a month, but I am really hard on headphones and haven't had any problems so far. I once went through 3 pairs of ibuds in a week.  Anyway, incredible separation and good soundstage plus amazing clarity make for a very enjoyable listening experience, I fully recommend the RE0's. The E5 isn't necessary but you may find it makes a big enough difference.

Oct 4, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #17 of 27
I've used the RE0 with a clip+ (headphone out; no additional amplifcation) for daily commuting w/o any reliability issues. These replaced a pair of RE2 that also performed well (still sitting in a drawer). I like them, think they are a bargain and would buy them again if  lost or damaged. Mine easily have 100+ hours and I don't think the SQ has changed one way or the other over time (i.e., no 'burn-in' effect). For what that's worth...

Oct 6, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #18 of 27
can anybody fill me in on the differences between the re0 and re-zero in terms of sound quality and types of sound/music/noise they are better at? im thinking if i did get the re-zero's i could put up with the cord extender type of adapter that comes with them. ill probably get a check from my new job within a week or so, and will be getting a pair of phones then. ill keep lurking and checking back up on this thread every once in awhile, thanks for all the info guys...

Oct 7, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #19 of 27
Quote:
can anybody fill me in on the differences between the re0 and re-zero in terms of sound quality and types of sound/music/noise they are better at?...

I did some comparison between the two, maybe you will find it helpful: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/511119/review-hifiman-re-zero-time-to-celebrate

Oct 9, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #20 of 27

Quote:
I did some comparison between the two, maybe you will find it helpful: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/511119/review-hifiman-re-zero-time-to-celebrate

thanks. that was somewhat helpful, though i need further explanation regarding the audio terminalogy. what ive heard is the re-zero's  are "warmer" and bring out the mids more than the reo's. but im having trouble imagining what this would do to the sound. sorry if im lacking in audiophile info. i guess what im wondering is if i get the re-zero's, what will i be trading off sound-wise, by not getting the reo's?

Oct 9, 2010 at 3:03 AM Post #21 of 27
get the re-0

it's the one you need.

Oct 9, 2010 at 3:07 AM Post #22 of 27

Quote:
thanks. that was somewhat helpful, though i need further explanation regarding the audio terminalogy. what ive heard is the re-zero's  are "warmer" and bring out the mids more than the reo's. but im having trouble imagining what this would do to the sound. sorry if im lacking in audiophile info. i guess what im wondering is if i get the re-zero's, what will i be trading off sound-wise, by not getting the reo's?

The only trade off is less treble extension, but you'll get more bass, better mid and soundstage

Oct 9, 2010 at 12:26 PM Post #23 of 27
I received my Re0 today and my initial impressions without burn in is that there are extremely good headphones. One of the best or the best I have heard. I wished that the treble was a bit more extended like the ER4S. However, it offers pretty darn good details. There is plenty of bass and overall it offers an accurate and neutral response. I love these so much that I amost think that they are better than my TF10.  

Oct 11, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #24 of 27
kingmuyo, let me know what you think of them! I'm in a similar position to you, head-fi noob, just ordered my RE0's from head direct yesterday and I'm really anxious as to how they'll sound. I'm in Australia, so I probably won't get mine for weeks.

I also didn't know if I should get the ZERO's or not (and still don't) and ended up cancelling and then un-cancelling my RE0 order over it.  In the end, I don't think I could stand having to use that square adapter all the time (why oh why did they do that!).

Id also like to know how they sound with and without the E5, which I'm also thinking of getting (or maybe the E7).

Oct 11, 2010 at 8:14 AM Post #25 of 27
I have easily 100+ hours on mine. No audible impact of use over time on SQ (i.e., 'burn-in') one way or the other. To me, that's a good thing.

Quote:
I received my Re0 today and my initial impressions without burn in is that there are extremely good headphones. One of the best or the best I have heard. I wished that the treble was a bit more extended like the ER4S. However, it offers pretty darn good details. There is plenty of bass and overall it offers an accurate and neutral response. I love these so much that I amost think that they are better than my TF10.  

Oct 11, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #26 of 27
reading all the replies i think im set on just the re0's which i will probably get next paycheck. im still curious on what if any, extra tips i should get for them, and what type of carrying case/bag would be right for me...

Oct 11, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #27 of 27
They come with 5 sets of tips, so there is a lot of variety. I suppose it depends on the size of your ear mostly. I've heard that comply tips work well, though I've never tried myself. I suggest you wait and try the stock tips before buying others, but thats just me.
Quote:
reading all the replies i think im set on just the re0's which i will probably get next paycheck. im still curious on what if any, extra tips i should get for them, and what type of carrying case/bag would be right for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back