Thinking about upgrading my amp (HD 598, DT 880, Yamaha Pro 400)
Jul 31, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #16 of 23
Guess I will try to get a Modi Multibit thenfor the time being, guess it's gonna make the most difference after all, besides Fiio doesn't sell L7s anymore so I can't use the lineout from my E17. One last question, how long does it take for Schiit to ship their products, I live in Brazil and will ask a relative who is going there to bring it but it has to arrive before they come back.

Aug 1, 2017 at 12:06 AM Post #17 of 23
Guess I will try to get a Modi Multibit thenfor the time being, guess it's gonna make the most difference after all, besides Fiio doesn't sell L7s anymore so I can't use the lineout from my E17. One last question, how long does it take for Schiit to ship their products, I live in Brazil and will ask a relative who is going there to bring it but it has to arrive before they come back.
An order placed tomorrow will ship in two to four business days.

Aug 1, 2017 at 12:15 AM Post #18 of 23
The Jot puts insane power through the balanced headphone out, which makes a noticeable difference. It's also a bit brighter and more lively than the Magni 2 so I find myself connecting with the music more with the Jotunheim. Nobody ever talks about this but having both a single ended and balanced headphone out that both work at the same time is pretty nice. Two people can listen simultaneously without any negative effects because the amp is just that strong. It really is one chassis to rule them all; powered monitors and headphones alike

Just saw the message now, so not sure about the Magni 2 as I could go higher after all, Jontunheim looks like a really nice ground as I plan on getting HD 650 someday.

Aug 1, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #19 of 23
Maybe I can get my hands on a Multibit then! How long does it take for it to warm up?

Aug 1, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #21 of 23
Not used to this, there is no problem leaving it on all the time? How much it consumes?

Aug 1, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #22 of 23
Not used to this, there is no problem leaving it on all the time? How much it consumes?
Yeah, I know. There are components in the Mutlibit that need to be kept at a constant, warm temperature in order to perform properly. Not sure how much power it will consume in Brazil while idling but as I say, it is designed that way.

Aug 1, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #23 of 23
Compared to a fridge for example, how much it consumes? Still living with my parents so need to know if it will impact the electric bill in a meaningfull way.

Edit: how doesthe E17 compare to the Modi 2 and the Multibit?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back