Things You Hate Most About Your Current Headphones?
Nov 18, 2004 at 12:21 AM Post #16 of 109
Is this thread healthy? I think it'll just serve to make us unhappy...
eek.gif

And foster upgradeitis, of course
biggrin.gif

Nov 18, 2004 at 12:26 AM Post #19 of 109
Leakage. Sound makes up for it at home, but on a bus, I absolutely want to throw my SR-60's on the ground in frustration.

Nov 18, 2004 at 1:15 AM Post #22 of 109
Stax SR-001 Mk II: comfort. After a few hours feels like having drill bits in your ears. Need a bit more treble too.

Sennheiser HD590: Mids, please?
rolleyes.gif

Stax SRS-3030: The fact that they're not here yet
mad.gif

Nov 18, 2004 at 1:45 AM Post #23 of 109
Sennheiser HD600s: Ears get hot after extended use, (though don't think anything except the K1000s will be much better), and I don't have the money for a cable upgrade right now (don't really have a problem with the stock cable's sound quality, but don't like how easily it gets tangled up).

Second pair of Sony MDR-EX71s: Just plain bad. I liked my first pair (which suddenly broke one day), I hate this pair. I get headaches from the sound... comfortable though.

Audio-Technica ATH-CM7s: Having trouble readjusting to using earbuds instead of canalphones - I'm constantly fiddling with them since I feel like they're going to fall out. Comfort is only OK - the cut/indention on these is annoying, though if I rotate the stalk completely downward (or the driver completely upwards), it's not a problem. As for the sound... bass is lacking, which is more or less expected, but everything else is fine for portable phones. And I can't say these are worth the $130 they go for on AudioCubes.

Sony MDR-D11 Eggos (out on loan): For the price that I paid for them ($6), I can't fault them for anything. The pleather pads are worn out, but it's been nearly 7 years. As for the sound... certainly better than anything else I've heard that's less than $10, and better than most that's less than $40 (I'm not all that big a fan of the KOSS portables - I'd rate them about evenly) .

~KS

Nov 18, 2004 at 2:12 AM Post #26 of 109
i have a pair of the koss ksc-35s and the worst thing about them has got to be how fragile they are. have to be careful when you are constantly using them on the go. an unforseen advantage is that leaking isn't all that bad.

Nov 18, 2004 at 2:18 AM Post #28 of 109
Grado SR225:
They sound perfect but these pads HURT! After even two weeks the same results. I think I need the Sennheiser mods done to mine
smily_headphones1.gif

They improve dramatically with better gear, as I have noticed with my rig. Definitely recommended to people who want extremely high resolution, impactful music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back