Things that make you SMILE
Jun 6, 2012 at 10:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

MikeyBoyAz

New Head-Fier
Yesterday evening we were listening to some music on my wife's "Bose" stereo.  Particularly we were enjoying "Fun." My first though was the response wasn't flat, which I would prefer. The second thing I though while listening to the music was "I can't wait to listen to this on my akg cans.

This morning while getting in the working groove (aerospace engineering) I took out my cans and kicked off the tracks we had been listening to and...

That's right, a smile cut across my face. Perfect bliss, it's going to take a few hours to get over this high.

So, Thanks to everyone's threads on great cans and amps. My humble choices were the AKG Q701 with the Fiio E9. Not the top of the stack but I LOVE em, and I got them as a present (No complaints).

Mike-

Jun 6, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Yesterday evening we were listening to some music on my wife's "Bose" stereo.  Particularly we were enjoying "Fun." My first though was the response wasn't flat, which I would prefer. The second thing I though while listening to the music was "I can't wait to listen to this on my akg cans.

This morning while getting in the working groove (aerospace engineering) I took out my cans and kicked off the tracks we had been listening to and...

That's right, a smile cut across my face. Perfect bliss, it's going to take a few hours to get over this high.

So, Thanks to everyone's threads on great cans and amps. My humble choices were the AKG Q701 with the Fiio E9. Not the top of the stack but I LOVE em, and I got them as a present (No complaints).

Mike-

Glad you're enjoying them!  I'm curious to try the 701/702s myself.  Sounds like a sound signature I could really get into.  

Personally, I've been listening to the DT880/Audinst HUD-mx1 combo, and have a few smile moments each day.  It's addictive for sure!  

Jun 6, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #3 of 3
I really like listening to musical soundtracks on my hp's. Especially the broadway productions of Lion King and Wicked. It sounds as if you're right there in the theater! Paul Simon is also a favorite of mine that always sounds good :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back