Thin Needle Nose Pliers Suggestions
Aug 4, 2011 at 2:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

samsquanch

500+ Head-Fier
I am on a quest for some very thin nose, long jawed, non serrated pliers.  My search is slowly going nowhere.  As close as I've gotten so far are a pair from the Stanley Proto line of tools, model 223G (http://bit.ly/oZms3e). 

The problem is that the front tips (far left on the picture) are about 1/16" on each jaw, and I'd like something around 1/32" for each jaw.  Also, the jaws do not mate very well, when they're closed the tips are the only points that touch, it's like the jaws are bowed out.

Any suggestions, anything you personally like?

Aug 4, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #2 of 8
Aug 4, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #3 of 8
I'm not a fan of xcelite, I've broken plenty of their products.  I've checked those pliers out before and several of the pairs jaws didn't line up when closed.

I've never seen those kline's before, didn't know they made anything that small, I'll have to check those out, nice find.

Aug 5, 2011 at 3:29 AM Post #5 of 8
X2 on Klein - I love their stuff.

I can't offer specific recommendations, but did you consider looking at tools for jewelry making and clock repair?

My gut says that you'd be able to find what you're looking for.

Also, you can always take serrations off or fill them in. I'd probably pay a few bucks to have a machine shop do it precisely. You know, a machine shop could probably true up alignmment on a pair, as well.

Aug 5, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #6 of 8
Home Depot doesn't stock them sadly, so I'll just order them the next time I do a tool order.

I was hoping a company like Lindstrom would have what I was looking for, but their jaws are too short...  wah.

I've found jewler and clock tools to be to flimsy.  While they're precise, they break way too easy.  If there's a specific brand that is pretty tough I'd be interested in checking them out though.

Aug 6, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #7 of 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back