ThieAudio Voyager 14
Feb 9, 2020 at 6:19 AM Post #17 of 558
I thinking about to order the voyager 14 and there are couple questions before i pull the trigger. Does the voyager sound realistic and lifelike or is it colored in the mids and highs. Has it a huge soundstage and a holographic imaging like the u12t? Is the venthole for the bassdrivers or is it for releasing the pressure in the ear? I don't like IEM which are completely closed. I hate the pressure and the suction feeling when you shoved in or pull it out the ears.

Feb 9, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #18 of 558
Yes Voyager 14 sounds very lifelike. I would not call it overly colored, especially in 00 mode with the switches. It certinaly edges towards an exciting signature vs studio accurate but its not anything enough to mess up critical tonality. I find the tonality extraordinary and you will need the best tracks you can find. This IEM reveals everything.
There is a nice vent for the big Sonion BA woofers and that also relieves pressure. Love it. No suction or anything which is a gigantic improvement from other sealed iems.

Feb 9, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #21 of 558
I think its safe to say its as big a stage as I've heard and imaging is outstanding. Some parts of the sound signature remind me of an open back.. :xf_eek:
Does the es100 drive it well enough through the balanced output? LDAC and USB?...currently conflated about getting the voyagers or get an entire set up with sony zx300, kimber kable and n3ap (total of 3 would be less than the voyagers). Plagued with options :sweat_smile:

Feb 10, 2020 at 1:44 AM Post #26 of 558
Feb 11, 2020 at 3:37 AM Post #29 of 558
Im not entire sure haha. I just got the first one they had in stock. I do think it is G3. If I could have picked.. probably F4 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back