ThieAudio Voyager 14
Feb 18, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #107 of 558
@redrol
I'll appreciate some additional info.
Since you mentioned in your review that you listen alot of Metal. What would you say how these deal with prog, power, trash, melodic and techincal death?
Currently my best iems are S8F and I am very pleased with them as they play those genres very well no harshness or sibilance just perfect for my preference. I'm expecting V14 to sound similar to S8F but with better everything.
You said no sibilance on V14 but how do guitars sound? I found that 2-4k bump makes the distorted guitars sound very harsh and piercing also vocals and symbals.
If you can say that V14 is safe from that well that's it I'm getting them. Might take some time until I place the order but at least I'll know I'll get very nice upgrade.
Thanks

So. Im actually extremely picky with guitar tones as I actually play metal and have so for a long time. The 14 actually does the best job of any all BA set i've ever tried. Not even really close! In balanced mode, however, the mids are very very bold and probably too much for some albums. Regardless, the treble up switch actually lowers the high mids just enough to make them perfect for any extreme style. So basically, either 11 or 01 on the switches and metal get along really well.

Overall I'd give it a 8 out of 10 for extreme metal. My top pick would be the EJ07. That set will pummel your ears in the best way ever.

Feb 18, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #108 of 558
Thankfully I have blackhole ears. Btw...your profile picture gave me a good chuckle
Glad you liked the profile pic. It’s just a reminder not to take ourselves too seriously.

Feb 18, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #109 of 558
Voyager 14 has deeper and more resonant bass extension, wider as well. Mids are a bit more bold on the 14 vs the A8, just a bit. Treble far far more detailed and extended on the 14. There are some sound signature differences, that being the A8 seems very Harman where the 14 has some of that but also has its own tuning signature. 14 beats the a8 in basically every technicality and i do like its sound better.
Thanks for the reply! I'm so curious to try but I hate making a blind purchase at this kind of price...

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:12 PM Post #110 of 558
Thanks for the reply! I'm so curious to try but I hate making a blind purchase at this kind of price...
It would just really be a guilty pleasure from going A8 -> V14 :D not mandatory but would be nice?
Only speculating from spec to spec

Feb 18, 2020 at 11:14 PM Post #111 of 558
This is the difficult thing with Chi-Fi, they haven't really established brand recognition yet to where it's profitable to have demos in retail shops yet. I've scoured many of the audio shops in Hong Kong and no one has a demo for Fearless, Moondrop or Tin. Also, the shops can't compete on price with direct sales. The difficulty that I have in moving forward with the V14's is dropping a kilo-buck based on on a video recommendation and a few opinions. At this price point, I'd really like to trust my ears on the final decision.

Feb 19, 2020 at 12:48 AM Post #112 of 558
This is the difficult thing with Chi-Fi, they haven't really established brand recognition yet to where it's profitable to have demos in retail shops yet. I've scoured many of the audio shops in Hong Kong and no one has a demo for Fearless, Moondrop or Tin. Also, the shops can't compete on price with direct sales. The difficulty that I have in moving forward with the V14's is dropping a kilo-buck based on on a video recommendation and a few opinions. At this price point, I'd really like to trust my ears on the final decision.
I know what you mean :frowning2: but without being able to try practically ANY of the chifi, sometime it feels like a gamble doesn't it?

My curiosity got the better of me for V14, and I can only hope that it would be a treat <3

Feb 19, 2020 at 1:26 AM Post #113 of 558
A question for who has already tried v14. What about classical music? How does it compare with other iems? Thanks

Feb 19, 2020 at 1:54 AM Post #114 of 558
There's also all the troubles and extra risks that come with purchasing from a platform that's thousands of miles away.

I placed an order for the Voyager and while I'm not too worried about the sound, I am worried about things like QC, warranty, and overall quality of service. Let's see what happens but it's a good reminder that the quality of service platforms like Amazon provide has lots of value too.

Feb 19, 2020 at 3:32 AM Post #115 of 558
There's also all the troubles and extra risks that come with purchasing from a platform that's thousands of miles away.

I placed an order for the Voyager and while I'm not too worried about the sound, I am worried about things like QC, warranty, and overall quality of service. Let's see what happens but it's a good reminder that the quality of service platforms like Amazon provide has lots of value too.
Absolutely. I had to send a pair of IEMs back to 64 Audio just a few weeks after getting them (sad). Super bummer, but I’m glad that they’re perfect now.
I’m sure that Linsoul would handle your case well, but they’re just the reseller and not the manufacturer. I think ChiFi has a lot to offer, but I think we people are putting this kind of money down it’s really good to have realistic expectations and to know what the risks are. We all love it when things work out right, but it’s when things don’t work out that that we wished we did a little more research into the problems.
My hat goes off to BGGAR for letting his viewers know that his V14 was a pre-production model. It’s not till its mass produced that you know what you’re going to get.
I really hope that more people who get V14 have good things to say about them because they look really appealing.

Feb 19, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #116 of 558
Im actually not worried about Q/A at all with the 14. Reason being Linsoul stated they have a very close relationship with Thieaudio and would take care of any issues should they arise. They have great support and I have full confidence in the IEM. Build quality and fit and finish is very high quality.

More over the 14 is not really mass produced. The thing can be customized with a lot of options including different cable connectors.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #118 of 558
My ThieAudio Voyager 14 got stuck due to a production failure. I hope to get them at least for my birthday =) it will be Interesting to compare them with Lark Studio LSX (which I am very happy with)
What happened to it? Did you get that information from linsoul?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back