ThieAudio Voyager 14
May 29, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #391 of 558
From what I have heard they are close to the U12t in tonality. They are a very neutral sound with amazing detail. I am selling them because I was looking for exactly that a balanced iem with amazing detail. After listening to them I think they are too neutral for me. I guess in the end I do like some coloration in my iems.

Thanks for your input! I keep switching between wanting something colored and neutral but I can never decide. I bought a Fir M5 thinking that I would solely stick to that but I guess I might want something on the side with a bit more details and more neutral but maintaining the same tonality. Was thinking if the V14 would fit my needs hmm

May 30, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #392 of 558
I'm interested in this earphone but also want to know how it fares against the Moondrop S8. I am deciding between these 2 and would like something slightly more technical compared to the Fir Audio M5

Hi, i have tried the S8 and owned the V14 currently.
I have noticed that S8 tuning is tend to be more safe, where there is no frequency that sounded outright offensive to me . The overall presentation is lean towards the warmer side.
(Vocals on this seems to be 1 table away from you.)

V14 i would describe it as an opposite of S8. The moment you put this on, the bass and vocal has more presence ( borderline shouty). The overall presentation is lean towards the bright side.
(Vocals are more in your head).

It (v14) has insane microdetails retrieval and separation.

On a side note, both are good options for you. Roland imo is a disappointing iem that's way too dark without proper eq.

May 31, 2020 at 1:11 AM Post #394 of 558
Hi, i have tried the S8 and owned the V14 currently.
I have noticed that S8 tuning is tend to be more safe, where there is no frequency that sounded outright offensive to me . The overall presentation is lean towards the warmer side.
(Vocals on this seems to be 1 table away from you.)

V14 i would describe it as an opposite of S8. The moment you put this on, the bass and vocal has more presence ( borderline shouty). The overall presentation is lean towards the bright side.
(Vocals are more in your head).

It (v14) has insane microdetails retrieval and separation.

On a side note, both are good options for you. Roland imo is a disappointing iem that's way too dark without proper eq.

Hey man thanks for this! Would you say that V14 has more detail retrieval than the S8? I was looking for something a bit different sounding than my M5 just to "cover all bases" lol. Yeah I tried the Roland, I really disliked how dark they were and they sounded really weird. Was looking for something with a bit more upper mids as I want to be able to hear more electric guitars cause im a guitarist.

In terms of quantity, how would you describe the bass? Compared to something like SHURE SE846, for eg.

Thanks.

I would prefer my bass to be close to real life as possible, something like how a subwoofer would sound. Erm KXXS bass is alright for me though can be a bit deeper. I think M5 does it just right for me. Usually a DD kind of bass. SE846 bass is a bit thin from what I remembered, but that was a while back ago since I tried it

Last edited:
May 31, 2020 at 1:15 AM Post #395 of 558
Hey man thanks for this! Would you say that V14 has more detail retrieval than the S8? I was looking for something a bit different sounding than my M5 just to "cover all bases" lol. Yeah I tried the Roland, I really disliked how dark they were and they sounded really weird. Was looking for something with a bit more upper mids as I want to be able to hear more electric guitars cause im a guitarist.

I would prefer my bass to be close to real life as possible, something like how a subwoofer would sound. Erm KXXS bass is alright for me though can be a bit deeper. I think M5 does it just right for me. Usually a DD kind of bass. SE846 bass is a bit thin from what I remembered, but that was a while back ago since I tried it
That's the QDC Anole VX. But seems like the Voyager 14 is quite there, not sure, haven't tried them yet. Another one with a real subwoofer is the SHURE SE846. Just amazing.

May 31, 2020 at 1:35 AM Post #396 of 558
That's the QDC Anole VX. But seems like the Voyager 14 is quite there, not sure, haven't tried them yet. Another one with a real subwoofer is the SHURE SE846. Just amazing.

Ah yes I remember trying the QDC Anole VX and was like pleasantly surprised by the sound and its price haha. At that time I just felt it to be somewhat a bit dry but detail retrieval and sound is pretty good. Ohh never knew the SE846 was built in that way, haven't managed to try it much.

Think maybe the Voyager 14 is more of what I'm looking for. The S8 might be overlapping with the M5 in terms of sound

May 31, 2020 at 1:49 AM Post #397 of 558
Ah yes I remember trying the QDC Anole VX and was like pleasantly surprised by the sound and its price haha. At that time I just felt it to be somewhat a bit dry but detail retrieval and sound is pretty good. Ohh never knew the SE846 was built in that way, haven't managed to try it much.

Think maybe the Voyager 14 is more of what I'm looking for. The S8 might be overlapping with the M5 in terms of sound
I think it's quite the opposite of dry. All the 3 switches have kind of a signifiant change and impact in lows, mids and highs.

May 31, 2020 at 2:12 AM Post #398 of 558
V14 has more detail retrieval compared to the S8. A good description of the V14 is " details smashing into your face". While S8 is more controlled and balanced.

The V14 has more emphasis on the mid Bass rather than sub Bass.

Last edited:
May 31, 2020 at 4:38 AM Post #399 of 558
I think it's quite the opposite of dry. All the 3 switches have kind of a signifiant change and impact in lows, mids and highs.

Guess I have to try it again!

V14 has more detail retrieval compared to the S8. A good description of the V14 is " details smashing into your face". While S8 is more controlled and balanced.

The V14 has more emphasis on the mid Bass rather than sub Bass.

V14 sounds more ideal to what I'm looking for. Thanks for your help Iskarite! Probably more keen to get the V14 now haha

Jun 2, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #403 of 558
Last edited:
Jun 3, 2020 at 12:32 AM Post #405 of 558
Sorry i dont understand your question...

V14 use normal 2 pin connector as long as you order 2 pin model :)

The reverse polarity issue was for preproduction model for QDC connector

As long as your Effect Audio Leonidas is 2pin 0.78mm model, there shouldnt be any issue~

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back