ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Dec 21, 2021 at 5:00 PM Post #3,526 of 4,753
sorry yes i liked the white silicone the best
After I posted I tried them with New Bee large foams- they are a little softer than the Comply 500s - perfect and they stay where put and are comfortable.

Dec 21, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #3,527 of 4,753
Fwiw, I used the azla's short, but the highs got a little too bright and the bass was lowered. I started to use the symbio peel and man those sound nice and fit much better for my ears. But back to your original question, not sure what make and model comes with the mk2

Dec 21, 2021 at 11:03 PM Post #3,528 of 4,753
Probably too early to ask since the Monarch MK2 hasn't been out that long yet, but what are the impressions of its build quality so far?
From posts in this thread, some of the other tribrid models mainly had issues with the dynamic driver dying, or the 2 pin sockets being too easily damaged.

Can anyone provide any insight on whether the above issues have been addressed in the MK2?
I see in their product description that the MK2 has a new DD, and I wondered if that was because of the above problem with the old one.
The build quality and cable were excellent.

Dec 21, 2021 at 11:16 PM Post #3,529 of 4,753
I haven't seen anything yet that would make me question build quality, but then again, my MKII were delivered not even 3 weeks ago (on Dec. 2). I'm not someone who has ever been into constant cable rolling, so ear piece-side connectors have rarely ever been an issue for me. I will likely get a different cable at some point (nothing wrong with the stock one, mind you) but if I like it, I'll attach it and never remove it.

I have been really busy the last month and a half, so not as much time to listen to music as I had gotten used to during the first 18 months or so of the pandemic. Still, I should probably have 50 hours on the MKII by New Year's, I'd think. I did initially have them on a burn-in rig, but pulled them after less than 10 hours, deciding to run them in with normal use instead. I just didn't think I'd be sitting here several weeks later and not even being at 50 hours yet, LOL.

Dec 22, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #3,530 of 4,753
Hi All,

I just got the Clairvoyance from a second owner and need some clarifications. Does the 2-pin connection click and seal like an mmcx would? I have tried 3 different cables and while they are all fairly steady, they tend to come off the iems eventually (especially during heavy movements). This is my 1st 2-pin iem so I'm not sure if this is normal. With mmcx, they usually just click in place and never come off except I forcibly remove them.

Dec 22, 2021 at 8:17 PM Post #3,531 of 4,753
Does the 2-pin connection click and seal like an mmcx would?

No. It’s held by friction.

they tend to come off the iems eventually (especially during heavy movements).
It shouldnt unless you yank it out very hard. It may destroy the cable 1st.. What heavy moment do you do to cause it to slide out?!

Dec 22, 2021 at 9:08 PM Post #3,532 of 4,753
It shouldnt unless you yank it out very hard. It may destroy the cable 1st.. What heavy moment do you do to cause it to slide out?!
Boxing. Punching a heavy bag for example. (It could come off in less than 5 mins doing that) but even while running, it starts slipping out out may entirely come off in about 20 mins or so.

Dec 23, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #3,533 of 4,753
Boxing. Punching a heavy bag for example. (It could come off in less than 5 mins doing that) but even while running, it starts slipping out out may entirely come off in about 20 mins or so.
For boxing and the Gym work, get you some EarFun Free Pro BT earphones. That's what I did. They sound pretty decent for the price of $59 and stay in your ears. Def better than my Airpods pro.

Don't risk your "expensive" IEM in the gym

Dec 24, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #3,536 of 4,753
So I've had the monarch Mkii for a couple of days and still need to do some more tip rolling.
But first of all, I am very satisfied with them and I find the sub bass extremely satisfying.
And for now the Radius Deep Mount are my favorite tips.

Try the short Sedna Lights with them or Sedna Crystals if you have them.

Dec 24, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #3,538 of 4,753
Thanks, i don't have them but will surely give it a try in the near future!
Tips/seal are everything with these- some have also found the Azla SednaEarfit (regular ones) helpful as they are longer. Size definitely matters .

Dec 24, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #3,539 of 4,753
I am looking to buy an Oracle. I need 3.5 and 4.4. Do I get the 2.5 and that comes with two adapters? Is that the best way, with stock cable?
I would buy a Monarch mkii stock cable from Linsoul. It's only $89 and it is outstanding with 3 snap on connectors. Great ergonomics and look and feel. Just have to get used to the Brown color.

Dec 24, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #3,540 of 4,753
I would buy a Monarch mkii stock cable from Linsoul. It's only $89 and it is outstanding with 3 snap on connectors. Great ergonomics and look and feel. Just have to get used to the Brown color.
Agree- I have the DUNU Hulk Pro as well as the stock one that came with the Mk2 and cannot tell any sonic difference between them, and they are similarly tangle free- and the Hulk Pro costs ~3x the price. My only gripe is the on the stock cable there is no visual assistance in lining up the adapters to the cable (as there is on the DUNU- small light coloured dots to help you align the 2)- if I was changing these a lot I’d be afraid that I might bend the wires in the adapters if I misalign the cable and adapter, but I am leaving the 4.4 mm one on all the time so not a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back