ThieAudio Excalibur

&

ThieAudio Oracle
Screenshot_20210407-091324_Chrome.jpg

vs

Screenshot_20210407-090803_Chrome.jpg

😄👍

Apr 6, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #1,607 of 4,816
I haven't received my Monarch, but I am already thinking about how to upgrade my DAP (Sony nwa55) in order to leverage this IEM. Any suggestion? BTW, I am exclusively using IEM and DAP for outdoors running and I do not mind carrying a little bit heavier DAP in my flipbelt since I sent so much time in running.

Apr 7, 2021 at 4:45 AM Post #1,610 of 4,816
Apr 7, 2021 at 7:01 AM Post #1,611 of 4,816
Why does he not have like/dislike activated?
I think he mentioned in that video that they’re gonna be a 5 driver configuration, unlike the 8/9 driver configuration with the Twins.
I also talked to a linsoul rep on their discord channel and I think I offended him when I asked if the Excalibur and Oracle were budget IEMs. He replied “they’re not “budget”, but they’re more affordable.” lol

Apr 7, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #1,612 of 4,816
I think he mentioned in that video that they’re gonna be a 5 driver configuration, unlike the 8/9 driver configuration with the Twins.
I also talked to a linsoul rep on their discord channel and I think I offended him when I asked if the Excalibur and Oracle were budget IEMs. He replied “they’re not “budget”, but they’re more affordable.” lol
More affordable but not TOTL.

Apr 7, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #1,613 of 4,816
My order placed on 3/28 and today I got DHL express number even though no email from Linsoul yet. The DHL number won't show any tracking info, but I hope the shipping process is already going on.
You can try to find the tracking number in your order information on the Linsoul website. At least in my order they put it there.

Apr 7, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #1,614 of 4,816
You can try to find the tracking number in your order information on the Linsoul website. At least in my order they put it there.
Thanks, got my info, expected delivery date is next Monday (12th), :)

Apr 8, 2021 at 4:14 AM Post #1,615 of 4,816
that would be a great A/B test. Please do share your impressions.
The Monarchs have arrived and they sound beautiful, as all their owners can confirm. I noticed, as obvious, various differences with the IT07, perhaps to be honest the only thing that unites them is the price I paid for them ... just under 700 euros. The first difference I noticed is that they are a bit harder to drive, but nothing else I feel more sharper and precise, while the IT07s are more musical and forgiving. You can hear in both of them a very high quality in the sound performance, as if they were two students the IT07 take 8.5 in all disciplines, while the Monarch take all 10 and a couple of 7. Now not that the 7 (mid) are low marks , but the difference with the relative 10 is strong. Balanced or more extreme to you the choice between the IT07 and the Monarch, anyway neither of them made me regret the money spent ... quite the contrary. Maybe they complement each other and as a source of music/source I can use one or the other without feeling too many shortcomings. For example the Monarchs on my old Onkyo DP-X1 sound splendid and make me understand that at the time I bought it I could not listen to it as it should for lack of adequate iem, while the iBasso connected to their big brother (the Max) create a incredible combination. The IT07s seem denser but the Monarchs have unattainable pluses. Now I wait for the IER-Z1Rs to close the circle. But to think that the Monarch and the IT07 together cost as much as the IER-Z1R (indeed you can add the Blessing 2) makes you think ... so imagine for the even more expensive ones. I don't think it's the case for me to go any further.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 4:35 AM Post #1,616 of 4,816
The Monarchs have arrived and they sound beautiful, as all their owners can confirm. I noticed, as obvious, various differences with the IT07, perhaps to be honest the only thing that unites them is the price I paid for them ... just under 700 euros. The first difference I noticed is that they are a bit harder to drive, but nothing else I feel more sharper and precise, while the IT07s are more musical and forgiving. You can hear in both of them a very high quality in the sound performance, as if they were two students the IT07 take 8.5 in all disciplines, while the Monarch take all 10 and a couple of 7. Now not that the 7 (mid) are low marks , but the difference with the relative 10 is strong. Balanced or more extreme to you the choice between the IT07 and the Monarch, anyway neither of them made me regret the money spent ... quite the contrary. Maybe they complement each other and as a source of music/source I can use one or the other without feeling too many shortcomings. For example the Monarchs on my old Onkyo DP-X1 sound splendid and make me understand that at the time I bought it I could not listen to it as it should for lack of adequate iem, while the iBasso connected to their big brother (the Max) create a incredible combination. The IT07s seem denser but the Monarchs have unattainable pluses. Now I wait for the IER-Z1Rs to close the circle. But to think that the Monarch and the IT07 together cost as much as the IER-Z1R (indeed you can add the Blessing 2) makes you think ... so imagine for the even more expensive ones. I don't think it's the case for me to go any further.
IT07 denser? Ok, you can pretend it's Clairvoyance 😊

Apr 8, 2021 at 4:43 AM Post #1,617 of 4,816
I think with the IER-Z1R I'll be fine. :wink:

Apr 8, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #1,619 of 4,816
Just got my Monarchs, ordered on 27th of March, got the shipping label on the 6th of April, and received it today, 8th of April. I can't even begin to explain how much I love the imaging, separation, and bass on these. It's way above anything I have right now.

The cable and packaging are extremely nice too.

Attachments

• Monarch1.jpg
    Monarch1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • M-Cable.jpg
    M-Cable.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Apr 8, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #1,620 of 4,816
I'm now testing them with the 20 ohm Hiby adapter ... more fullness in the mids, but how much more volume it takes ....
Metallica's drums get inside you. :beyersmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back