ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Apr 8, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #1,623 of 4,754
Apr 8, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #1,624 of 4,754
Has anyone upgraded their Monarch cable? I think they sound great with the stock cable, but I just wondered what a better cable might do to the sound.

Apr 8, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #1,626 of 4,754
I'm getting a 2-pin to MMCX adapters soon and I'll let you know if a pure copper cable changes the sound.
HiBy 4.4mm Balanced Upgrade Cable 2pin ($99 on Amazon) silver plated copper

Apr 8, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #1,627 of 4,754
Has anyone upgraded their Monarch cable? I think they sound great with the stock cable, but I just wondered what a better cable might do to the sound.
I’ve tried pure copper (LSC08), and a pure Silver OCC Litz cable. It sounds amazing with the silver. So much more precise and detailed (which I didn’t think it could get more detailed....)
The copper does add weight to the whole spectrum but is definitely darker in sound. Not as pristine as the silver cable IMO.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #1,628 of 4,754
I'm now testing them with the 20 ohm Hiby adapter ... more fullness in the mids, but how much more volume it takes ....
Metallica's drums get inside you. :beyersmile:
Is it not too much bass? I was leaning toward either the clairvoyance or the Monarch with the 20ohm adapter (to add more mid bass). Has anyone heard these two?

Apr 8, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #1,629 of 4,754
Is it not too much bass? I was leaning toward either the clairvoyance or the Monarch with the 20ohm adapter (to add more mid bass). Has anyone heard these two?
To me, Monarch with 20ohm adapter is not too much bass. Yes it’s considerably more bass than stock, but the way the Monarchs is tuned, it never bleeds into the mids.

Apr 9, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #1,630 of 4,754
I am listening to the Monarchs after a small burnin with the cable I had saved for them... the Fiio LS 2.5D and I must say it has greatly improved the listening experience. The lows are even more controlled and less overflowing while the highs have become even cleaner and more enjoyable. The original cable although of good quality, when I wore it seemed to have a rope around my neck. For how much they cost these Fiio work wonders and I would not be surprised if they were also superior to the 170 euro trimetal Fiio RE cable which however have the replaceable jack which however is not needed if like me, for the same price, you buy two high purity silver litz like I did . The only negative note is when connecting them because they are very thin and therefore delicate, but the 224 silver threads (100 for the original) they are made of sound wonderfully. Now the others I have left are just waiting for the arrival of the IER-Z1R for a match on par with the Monarch.

Apr 9, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #1,631 of 4,754
. Now the others I have left are just waiting for the arrival of the IER-Z1R for a match on par with the Monarch.
If you can get a good fit with the Z1R you are in for a real treat, and I’d be shocked if the Monarch can match their musicality, phenomenal, speaker like soundstage and movie theatre like rumble! The Z1R are top dogs...

Apr 9, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #1,633 of 4,754
If you can get a good fit with the Z1R you are in for a real treat, and I’d be shocked if the Monarch can match their musicality, phenomenal, speaker like soundstage and movie theatre like rumble! The Z1R are top dogs...
I really like the Pioneer SE Master 1, and been told te IER-Z!R is the only IEM that has similar sound signature , huge soundstage, deep bass perfect for movies, just like floor loudspeakers. Now if Monarch will match that at a lower price, will be amazing.

Apr 9, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #1,634 of 4,754
We'll see... :wink:
I really like the Pioneer SE Master 1, and been told te IER-Z!R is the only IEM that has similar sound signature , huge soundstage, deep bass perfect for movies, just like floor loudspeakers. Now if Monarch will match that at a lower price, will be amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back