ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Apr 9, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #1,636 of 4,753
Just got my Monarch (3/28 order) today. However, I might have made a mistake by picking the 3.5 cable choice, there are no convertor provided, unlike the 2.5, you may get two convertor to 3.5 and 4.4. The biggest issue I now have is that I am not able to fully insert the 2 pin connector into the IEM, actually majority of the pins are still outside. I tried to push harder, with no use. I will have to contact Linsoul for another cable. Even though not fully inserted, IEM works and I still need to spent more time to have a proper impression of the Monarch.

Apr 9, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #1,637 of 4,753
Just got my Monarch (3/28 order) today. However, I might have made a mistake by picking the 3.5 cable choice, there are no convertor provided, unlike the 2.5, you may get two convertor to 3.5 and 4.4. The biggest issue I now have is that I am not able to fully insert the 2 pin connector into the IEM, actually majority of the pins are still outside. I tried to push harder, with no use. I will have to contact Linsoul for another cable. Even though not fully inserted, IEM works and I still need to spent more time to have a proper impression of the Monarch.
I had the same problem with the pins ... solved with some force, just be careful not to bend them. :wink:

Apr 9, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #1,639 of 4,753
I had the same problem with the pins ... solved with some force, just be careful not to bend them. :wink:
Thanks for the suggestion, I finally push them all in, but one side of the pins are already a little bend. The fit is just not perfect.

Apr 9, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #1,640 of 4,753
Thanks for the suggestion, I finally push them all in, but one side of the pins are already a little bend. The fit is just not perfect.
Do not unplug them for a few days and let the holes widen, then when you unplug them use your nails to pull them straight out.

Apr 9, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #1,641 of 4,753
Do not unplug them for a few days and let the holes widen, then when you unplug them use your nails to pull them straight out.
Will do that, thanks again

Apr 9, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #1,643 of 4,753
Has anyone heard both the Monarch and Clairvoyance with and without the 20ohm adapter?
Yes, it destroyed the treble resolution, soundstage, and imaging. Made it sound like Beats. I suggest using EQ if you need fine adjustments.

Apr 9, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #1,644 of 4,753
Yes, it destroyed the treble resolution, soundstage, and imaging. Made it sound like Beats. I suggest using EQ if you need fine adjustments.
Pretty much this.

Apr 10, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #1,645 of 4,753
I don't have any extra cables with me at the moment, so I decided to try the Stormbreaker cable from my EE Odins on my Monarchs. It's a significant upgrade to sound quality. It should be given the price difference in the cable. The difference is a much larger sound stage, greater clarity and tighter bass. The Monarchs have a ton of sub bass and with this cable rumbles very nicely. It's clean and without any boominess or bloat. I almost wish I hadn't tried the pairing because there is no way I am going to spend more for a cable than for the IEM. I am definitely going to upgrade the cable. Maybe with something in the $200-300 range.

Apr 10, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #1,646 of 4,753
Thanks. I'll use EQ only.

Any suggestions for tips for the Clairvoyance? I'm looking for comfort first and then tips that give a deeper more rich bass (mostly sub-bass) without sacrificing much else.

Anyone can chime in. I accept all suggestions.

Apr 10, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #1,647 of 4,753

Any suggestions for tips for the Clairvoyance? I'm looking for comfort first and then tips that give a deeper more rich bass (mostly sub-bass) without sacrificing much else.

I would give the azla xelastec a try if you haven't already. These are the best tips i've used for me.

Apr 10, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #1,648 of 4,753
I don't have any extra cables with me at the moment, so I decided to try the Stormbreaker cable from my EE Odins on my Monarchs. It's a significant upgrade to sound quality. It should be given the price difference in the cable. The difference is a much larger sound stage, greater clarity and tighter bass. The Monarchs have a ton of sub bass and with this cable rumbles very nicely. It's clean and without any boominess or bloat. I almost wish I hadn't tried the pairing because there is no way I am going to spend more for a cable than for the IEM. I am definitely going to upgrade the cable. Maybe with something in the $200-300 range.
The Stormbreaker is pure OCC copper while the stock cable (ThieAudio EST) is silver plated OCC: maybe it’s the reason of this difference.
Tomorrow I will try on my Monarchs the Stormbreaker and the DUNU Blanche (pure silver) too, which I'm using with the Blessing Dusk.

Apr 10, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #1,650 of 4,753

I have tried a lot of tips. For me, Azla Sedna Short are the best to get a rich bass without sacrificing the tonality.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• W41N
Back