ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Jul 29, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #121 of 4,773
Hi @hlee227, how long did it take to ship them to vancouver and how did you get that clear design?
If the default design is in stock, I think they would ship it right away? I simply asked if it was possible to create transparent shell, and they allowed it and since it had to be made from scratch, it took 2 weeks to be made.
The actual shipping took only few days :) it got sent friday and arrived following tuesday

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #122 of 4,773
Graph for Monarch is out by Crinacle!
That is one BEAUTIFUL graph! Definitely one of the best I’ve seen on Crinacle’s database.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #123 of 4,773
Crinacle just gave his first impression. He seems very impressed this time with what ThieAudio accomplished with the Monarch.

https://crinacle.com/2020/07/29/thieaudio-monarch-unboxing/
I’m not surprised that Crinacle likes it.

1596067891423.png

Edit: @crinacle said:
  • I haven’t had this much ear time on an IEM out-of-the-box since… well, the Blessing 2.
:astonished: Yikes! This thread’s may be about to blow up. BGGAR and Crinacle!

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 8:29 PM Post #125 of 4,773

yeah it reminds the Dawn, even the B2 and Viento B that Crin also likes. But if the FR is not endorsed by a technical front he also tend to criticize it (at lest on that price or when it's hyped).

And so I'm leaning to think that he really like this one and feels it's a solid release from TA, not only on the FR. And it's the first TA that causes a good impression on him (which I feel it says a lot).

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #126 of 4,773
But if the FR is not endorsed by a technical front he also tend to criticize it (at lest on that price or when it's hyped).
Definitely!

Jul 29, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #127 of 4,773

Edit: @crinacle said:
  • I haven’t had this much ear time on an IEM out-of-the-box since… well, the Blessing 2.
:astonished:Yikes! This thread’s may be about to blow up. BGGAR and Crinacle!
Can we also put some love to the SEXY stock cable, I really appreciate how much effort ThieAudio put into this release :D

Jul 29, 2020 at 11:50 PM Post #128 of 4,773
Thanks to those that have taken the leap of faith on early purchases of these two units and provided some initial feedback. I am looking forward to the graph of the Clairvoyance and Crinacle's assessment. Sounds like the Clairvoyance could be the real winner.

@kael13 I have had the Moondrop S8 and absolutely love it! It is the best IEM I have owned thus far. It's signature is just phenomenal to my ears. I could see wanting a smidge more bass but not if it sacrificed how smooth and cohesive the overall sound is. I am blown away by how much detail retrieval you get without it being fatiguing or painful.

Jul 30, 2020 at 5:18 AM Post #129 of 4,773
Thanks to those that have taken the leap of faith on early purchases of these two units and provided some initial feedback. I am looking forward to the graph of the Clairvoyance and Crinacle's assessment. Sounds like the Clairvoyance could be the real winner.

@kael13 I have had the Moondrop S8 and absolutely love it! It is the best IEM I have owned thus far. It's signature is just phenomenal to my ears. I could see wanting a smidge more bass but not if it sacrificed how smooth and cohesive the overall sound is. I am blown away by how much detail retrieval you get without it being fatiguing or painful.

Thanks for your input. And I'm definitely going to be following this thread closely. If only I could order both!

Jul 30, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #130 of 4,773

I think tonality wise he might prefer the Monarch. It has a tad less midbass and no major drop that the Etymotic has after a 3khz spike to 6khz descent (Moondrop Solis and Clairvoyance also have) that he thinks ok but not much of a fan.

From looking at the graphics I can think of the Clairvoyance as close to Moondrop Solis with leaner lower mids and DD bass/subbass boost (that he likes). So how it's going to translate on Crin's impressions I'm not so sure yet. Maybe next week we'll have an answer.

Jul 31, 2020 at 8:13 AM Post #131 of 4,773
Got my Monarch and leaving some IEM nudes :wink:

Nice! Was thinking if I should get a Monarch like yours, same as the V14 I have HAHA

Jul 31, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #133 of 4,773
How can you say no to IEM NUDE :D
Its so nice to look inside and appreciate the handwork
It does look really nice. Need to get some good macro shots now.

I like the standard faceplate, but would like it with a translucent shell, maybe clear or gray.

Aug 1, 2020 at 2:59 AM Post #135 of 4,773
Which one You like better...v14 or monarch?
Honestly, I really love Monarch more than V14 without any EQing, tho initially I was bit overwhelmed by the glorified sub bass, I did eventually got used to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back