ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Aug 1, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #138 of 4,817
How can you say no to IEM NUDE :D
Its so nice to look inside and appreciate the handwork

Now I am really considering an all clear design HMMM

Aug 1, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #139 of 4,817
How is the soundstage on Monarchs?
sound stage imo is very subjective and can change dramatically per person, but for my experience, I drew a little picture to explain my experience on one of my earlier post on impression.

Aug 1, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #140 of 4,817
It looks like the Monarch has a bit too much sub bass for Crinacle and Toranku. That’s their main criticism thus far, yet it seems neither thinks that the bass infringes on the mids, dispite the quantity. So, I guess it’s perfect!! One can very easily EQ down the sub bass a little if desired, or maybe use slightly loose fitting ear tips.

Aug 1, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #144 of 4,817
sound stage imo is very subjective and can change dramatically per person, but for my experience, I drew a little picture to explain my experience on one of my earlier post on impression.
Hmm. I would dare to think that if people had a fair bit of experience with iems, should be able to hear and describe soundstage relatively similarly.
Problem i think is that we foreget that we use different gear. Daps, cables, tips all affect staging.

Regardless, if using familiar/owned iems as reference you should be able to make out a decect picture what sounstage is on Monarch in this instance

Aug 1, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #145 of 4,817
Hmm. I would dare to think that if people had a fair bit of experience with iems, should be able to hear and describe soundstage relatively similarly.
Problem i think is that we foreget that we use different gear. Daps, cables, tips all affect staging.

Regardless, if using familiar/owned iems as reference you should be able to make out a decect picture what sounstage is on Monarch in this instance
I’m terrible at assessing, analyzing, and describing soundstage. It all sounds somewhat amorphous to me, and thus I’m not a big soundstage aficionado. Imaging and localization I can assess better. This may be one of the reasons why I’m an IEM fan, and why I’m not a huge fan of open-back cans. Possibly the biggest advantage of the design is sort of wasted on me.

Aug 2, 2020 at 8:19 AM Post #147 of 4,817
I've gotten wind that the Monarch I heard might have been a fluke. It's not supposed to have 12dB subbass and last I heard Linsoul dispatched a new set to Singapore. If they addressed my qualm with the subbass, this will shape up to be a scarily good IEM.
If it was a fluke, and is the same IEM that Crinacle listened to and measured, then we can‘t trust the current graph on Crinacle‘s site? I was actually hoping for a sub bass monster, but those that own the Monarch can opine. I was wondering how the sub bass could be so prominent on the Monarch, yet BGGAR found the bass somewhat lacking. I do realize he felt that the mid bass specifically was perhaps lacking some in comparison to the Clairvoyance, but if the sub bass were THAT prominent, I would think that it would in part make up for it.

Edit: At this time, nothing is confirmed, so no point jumping to conclusions. I really just wanted to see what those that already have their IEMs think.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2020 at 8:47 AM Post #148 of 4,817
If it was a fluke, and is the same IEM that Crinacle listened to and measured, then we can‘t trust the current graph on Crinacle‘s site? I was actually hoping for a sub bass monster, but those that own the Monarch can opine. I was wondering how the sub bass could be so prominent on the Monarch, yet BGGAR found the bass somewhat lacking. I do realize he felt that the mid bass specifically was perhaps lacking some in comparison to the Clairvoyance, but if the sub bass were THAT prominent, I would think that it would in part make up for it.

I'll talk about it again after I hear them when the replacements arrive. No point speculating..

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Aug 2, 2020 at 8:56 AM Post #149 of 4,817
I'll talk about it again after I hear them when the replacements arrive. No point speculating..
Certainly. I’m just curious about the opinions of the members who already have them.

Aug 2, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #150 of 4,817
i need a hammer, Blessing 2 is a bit of a stick
It def brings a smile to my face with more Sub bass :D

Anybody who complaints about the bass in these two is a ***** in my book 😆
HAHA well~ everyone got their opinions xD but I been really enjoying the bass on this little baby as well~ 😆

Yes I am curious as well but like Toranku said, we just need to wait for the replacement to arrive.
From my experience, sub bass is def boosted but hard to measure by how much without proper equipment but when comparing to V14 with both switch up, they seems to be around similar area to me, but thicker texture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back