ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Dec 8, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #976 of 4,771
I know some head-fiers have had silicone impressions made, and then had the impressions scanned to create a digital file. Again, sorry, but I don’t know where to have such a service performed.
That's pretty much what everyone does who can handle the digital ear impressions when their dealer or customers aren't close to one of their scanners. I don't think it's that hard to get a digital scan. Anyone who has a 3-D printer probably has the basics for what is needed to do the scan. You need software and the right type of scanner.

Dec 8, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #977 of 4,771
Just be aware if you do have the actual ear impressions to send to Linsoul ( or any other company), lots of user say that after 3-4 weeks the shape is not perfect any more, the mold apparently shrink with time.
I don’t own any custom IEM, some how I don’t like the idea.
With the Monarch the fit is so perfect in my ears with an incredible isolation that I doubt a custom will make much more difference , but again, I have no experience .

Dec 9, 2020 at 7:12 AM Post #978 of 4,771
Here are my Clairvoyance custom :grin: Best iems I own (period)

All my iems are dark and somber in color, therefore, it's nice to have a colorful one, and it goes well with its name.

Attachments

• 20201209_065619.jpg
    20201209_065619.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20201209_065558.jpg
    20201209_065558.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Dec 9, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #979 of 4,771
Here are my Clairvoyance custom :grin: Best iems I own (period)

All my iems are dark and somber in color, therefore, it's nice to have a colorful one, and it goes well with its name.
Nice!! Enjoy!

Dec 11, 2020 at 6:11 AM Post #980 of 4,771
Yep, welcome to the hobby!

This is why comparisons matter, and it really helps if you have a handful of popular (not necessarily expensive) IEMs that you know well, and can hopefully find someone who also has it and can compare it to the IEM in question.
IEMusic, I have the opportunity to demo both Monarch and Clairvoyance last week. May I know which is a good companion iems to KBear BElieve?

Dec 11, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #981 of 4,771
Finally just ordered the Monarch on Linsoul, since Amazon.de never had them in stock after the first stock sold out.

Dec 11, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #984 of 4,771
IEMusic, I have the opportunity to demo both Monarch and Clairvoyance last week. May I know which is a good companion iems to KBear BElieve?
I guess it depends on what sound qualities that you‘re looking for. The Monarch is the more technically capable of the two, with a more clean sound, whereas the Clairvoyance has more note weight and is a fuller sounding IEM. So far, I’ve found the BElieve to be a full sounding IEM, but not warm sounding. As far as having a pair of IEMs that sound more different, and thus complement each other better, the Monarch would probably be better.

Dec 11, 2020 at 7:40 AM Post #985 of 4,771
I guess it depends on what sound qualities that you‘re looking for. The Monarch is the more technically capable of the two, with a more clean sound, whereas the Clairvoyance has more note weight and is a fuller sounding IEM. So far, I’ve found the BElieve to be a full sounding IEM, but not warm sounding. As far as having a pair of IEMs that sound more different, and thus complement each other better, the Monarch would probably be better.
Appreciate your view, the problem I'm facing now is, both is like siamese twins😄
20201205_123823.jpg

I'll finalize it with my dealer later on.

Dec 12, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #986 of 4,771
I'm demoing Monarch again now, been rolling a few tips to get the tone right around the shoutyness region ( perhaps high mid).These Monarch are certainly tips sensitive.
May I know wats the general consensus of intended tips for Monarch? I'm now on Sednafit Original. Thanks.

Dec 12, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #988 of 4,771
Thanks to IEmusic, I've decided on Monarch without even demoing Clairvoyance on my hand.

The technicality of Monarch and versatility of BElieve makes it a exceptional companionship.

Going to faceplate them befitting a Monarch Butterfly😆.

Dec 13, 2020 at 3:38 AM Post #989 of 4,771
Since i had an AliExpress Coupon, i ordered the HiBy Impedance Adapter (20Ω) for nearly free.
Let`s see what arrives first the Monarch or the Adapter which was intended to be used with it.

Dec 13, 2020 at 4:30 AM Post #990 of 4,771
Going to faceplate them befitting a Monarch Butterfly😆.
Congratulations on you Monarch Butterfly breedin... er... purchase!

Little off-topic here, gentlemen, but not entirely and by no means trying to be an advocate of something.
I really felt I _had_ to share this with you fellow Twins Lovers (*aheurm*...doesn't sound nice if you put it this way but, you know what I meant=).

Well, trying to be concise, so far so short in my journey into the rabbithole I've always underestimated what DSD upsampling could bring to my 16/24bit 44/48k FLAC library, but eventually off I went embarked on an evaluation period with Signalyst's HQPlayer 4 Desktop and... Bwuoys, am I blown away!
Especially when I connected the Monarch (which I always use along with the M11Pro while out and about) to my balanced S.M.S.L 200 DAC/amp desktop combo...
A/B testing against DeaDBeeF, mpd, Strawberry, a number of other players and even an upsampling JRiver - straight thru ALSA - easily revealed how much extra layering, texture and spatial information (depth and height in particular) I was missing out.
When pushing the Player to the limit of my lappie's i7-9750H CPU and upsampling to DSD512 or 256 depending on the kind of shaping, I could tell how every single upsampling filter affacted the sound (high-frequencies grain most of all here) even on new tracks I wasn't familiar with, no broken sweat!

On-topic: such the Monarch is a magnifying glass into sound!

Off-topic: HQPlayer... Dang! IDK...
Barely discussed here at Head-Fi. Almost 300$ for a license, but right on the brink of biting the bullet and calling it a year or two, considering I've already spent $2Ks on the rest or my wired gear anyway!
Color me shocked, and share a thought, of course, if you wish! I might just be a n00b here, being tricked by some sort of black, misleading wizardry. :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back