ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Dec 7, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #961 of 4,752
Does Linsoul charge your card when you order or when it ships?

I'm guessing when you oder because they have to make it, correct?

I was charged upon order, not shipment (~30 days after order). Kind of a stealthily Kickstarter-like model, but it is what it is. The Monarch is now my favorite IEM (after a weirdly tortuous burn-in period), I'm pleased.

Dec 7, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #965 of 4,752
When you order. Then they build and ship.

I dont know that I agree with the practise unless you KNOW that you're buying a build-to-order or back order product.

But that's the way it is.
While it is not a great practice for us consumers, especially when they charge up front for a non-custom built item, but one that just happens to be on back-order for a few weeks, it is the standard practice for all of Chi-Fi.

Dec 7, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #966 of 4,752
While it is not a great practice for us consumers, especially when they charge up front for a non-custom built item, but one that just happens to be on back-order for a few weeks, it is the standard practice for all of Chi-Fi.

Yes and I understand paying upfront as a form of contentment and space in the queue. But their site should say that it's back ordered and for how long on the order page. It should not come as a surprise by email a day after they've accepted payment.

They were responsive and nice to deal with. I'm not slagging them as a small business. But it's still not best practice. Or even totally honest.

Dec 7, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #967 of 4,752
Yes and I understand paying upfront as a form of contentment and space in the queue. But their site should say that it's back ordered and for how long on the order page. It should not come as a surprise by email a day after they've accepted payment.

They were responsive and nice to deal with. I'm not slagging them as a small business. But it's still not best practice. Or even totally honest.
Oh, I agree. Transparency with many of these sellers is woefully lacking (not necessarily picking on any one retailer). Often times just telling the consumer what they think the customer wants to hear, rather than the truth. I just don’t understand it. It only breeds anger, never patience and understanding.

Dec 8, 2020 at 6:18 AM Post #968 of 4,752
My custom color UIEM is on its way - 2 weeks after order. That's really fast. I was told the wait time is at least 20 days, and they did it in 10 working days!
Imma just quote myself to ease off the anger :) Also, their discord is responsive and informative of current wait time.

@Dolores Dolomites, can you tell me if custom color options lack any markings on the inside? Like model and #?

nvm I looked at photos posted here - imo a weird design choice, to make their top model unrecognizable?

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #969 of 4,752
I am interested in the Monarch. Probably customs. What is the best way to order them? How do you get them your ear impressions?

Dec 8, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #970 of 4,752
I am interested in the Monarch. Probably customs. What is the best way to order them? How do you get them your ear impressions?
The BEST way would be if you were able to get digital ear impressions, or digitized silicone ear impressions as a .stl file, and email it to Linsoul. That would be the fastest way, and you don’t give up your ear impression for future purchases.

Dec 8, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #971 of 4,752
while i am waiting for Monarchs i made an experiment. i got IEM comparison tool of Crinacle website and checked Andromeda 2020 / Ier-M9 and Thieaudio IEMs so kind of emulated signature with EQ as i was afraid if mid bass absence would be a thing (still somewhat hesitating that i ordered wrong model) like to -5 or -6 dB to mid bass and added up to 5 dB to upper mids 2-3 kHz and emulate that peak at 8 kHz. well, it is not that bad after all. nothing criminal. :wink: at least Bop/Fusion i'm liking more with these settings. what a relief :)

Dec 8, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #972 of 4,752
The BEST way would be if you were able to get digital ear impressions, or digitized silicone ear impressions as a .stl file, and email it to Linsoul. That would be the fastest way, and you don’t give up your ear impression for future purchases.
Where can you get such digital ear impressions?

Dec 8, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #973 of 4,752
Where can you get such digital ear impressions?
Unfortunately, that’s the part I’m not sure about. I haven’t found a local audiologist who can get digital ear impressions, and I’m certainly not sure about options on Oahu. Hopefully others have answers.

Dec 8, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #974 of 4,752
Unfortunately, that’s the part I’m not sure about. I haven’t found a local audiologist who can get digital ear impressions, and I’m certainly not sure about options on Oahu. Hopefully others have answers.
I actually went to visit an Ultimate Ears dealer in Oceanside when I was in California to audition their IEM line up. He offered to take a digital ear impression of my ears in case I wanted to purchase a set later. I didn't do it. But, I doubt he would let me have the digital impressions anyway. Did a quick google search and I found an audiologist in Washington DC that can do it. I am sure there are others. But, all the hearing aid places use that pink play doe type stuff they inject into your ears.

Dec 8, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #975 of 4,752
I actually went to visit an Ultimate Ears dealer in Oceanside when I was in California to audition their IEM line up. He offered to take a digital ear impression of my ears in case I wanted to purchase a set later. I didn't do it. But, I doubt he would let me have the digital impressions anyway. Did a quick google search and I found an audiologist in Washington DC that can do it. I am sure there are others. But, all the hearing aid places use that pink play doe type stuff they inject into your ears.
I know some head-fiers have had silicone impressions made, and then had the impressions scanned to create a digital file. Again, sorry, but I don’t know where to have such a service performed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back