ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Nov 30, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #4,021 of 4,771
I was going to suggest this as well. You never know if anyone has a broken set and could sell you a single ear piece.

And LOL to that response. Why don’t you just buy a new pair? Give me a break with that. If that was the plan you’d never have reached out to them at all.

Yeah, I already knew I could just buy a new pair lol Thanks, Linsoul!

I'll definitely start posting some WTB for a single ear piece and see how it goes. At this point, it can't hurt anything!

Nov 30, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #4,022 of 4,771
Yeah, I already knew I could just buy a new pair lol Thanks, Linsoul!

I'll definitely start posting some WTB for a single ear piece and see how it goes. At this point, it can't hurt anything!

FWIW, I once found a driver to replace one that died in a pair of vintage headphones from the 70s by posting WTB ads on here. Point being, folks have random bits and pieces kickin' around that accumulate over time so it's never a bad idea to just put out some feelers. Good luck!

BTW, if the drivers are good, some of the other posters ideas about having them reshelled as a pair of CIEMs could be a good way to go too.

Dec 6, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #4,023 of 4,771
In between getting antsy to order Prestige already, it occurs to me what a ballin' move it is to just launch when 'it's done.'

11/11? Good luck with that. Black Friday? Stay safe out there. Cyber Monday? Maybe next year. It's gonna launch when it's ready.

It reminds me of the glory days of companies like Blizzard. 'Soon' is a launch date that speaks to utter confidence.

Now for God sake, Linsoul, take my money already! :)

Dec 20, 2022 at 10:05 PM Post #4,026 of 4,771
quite tempting but anticipated 1099..:sweat_smile:

Dec 20, 2022 at 11:26 PM Post #4,029 of 4,771
Prestige purchased, that graph looks really good for my tastes and I’ve never tried a Thieaudio IEM. Let’s see how this goes!

Wow, im waiting for that storm vs prestige impressions eagerly..

Dec 21, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #4,031 of 4,771
Prestige purchased, that graph looks really good for my tastes and I’ve never tried a Thieaudio IEM. Let’s see how this goes!
I'd like to have a comparison between Prestige and A12t, if you can :pray:

Now I have the Monarch OG and I'm thinking about buying a U12t/A12t (probably the first one, since I have no near dealer), but these Prestige seems very attractive :D

Dec 22, 2022 at 4:01 AM Post #4,032 of 4,771
Friends, Acquaintances, Komraden and Homies,

tldr: I have wanted to purchase a pair of Thieaudio Excaliburs for quite a while, but never got around to it. Now they are discontinued. I'd still like to buy a tribrid IEM, but what is out there that is still being made?

Context, experience and preferences:
I've been buying headphones for 30 years and have a nice variety of cans that serve all my purposes: recording and mixing, as well as less critical listening for both work and pleasure.

My first pair of IEMs were a pair that came with a Shure wireless monitoring system that I bought to outfit my band just before tour. I had a couple different IEMs that I used exclusively with that wireless system, but I never thought of them as critical listening gear.

Around 2015-2016, I purchased a pair of Shure 215s for bicycling and hiking. I loved them at the time, and they were my gateway drug to the IEM world. If I recall correctly, my intro to chi-fi was the Moondrop Kanas Pro. It wasn't bad, but I was looking for something more...more everything really. The following year I seriously fell in love with both the FiiO FH5 (the original) and the IKKO OH10.

If you are familiar with those models then you can probably guess that I love an extended whispery top end, provided it avoids harsh frequency ranges or sibiliance. I like a neutral midrange and a low end with tightness, impact and authority. For casual listening I'm happy to have an an exaggerated low end, but it has to be refined, tight and textured. I hate cheap headphones with flabby, bloated bass.

After reading and watching reviews for 9 or 10 months, I decided I wanted to drop the cash for some tribrids. I liked everything I heard about the Thieaudio models between $500-$1000, and finally decided on the Thieaudio Excalibur, probably right around the time they discontinued them. The other tribrid I have been considering is the Mangird XENNS UP. I may yet pick those up.

However, since I had had my heart set on the Excaliburs (which interested me because of the well-defined but slightly emphasized low end), I am wondering if there is something else that Theiaudio still manufactures that might satisfy me just as well, or maybe something new that is similar to the Excalibur that I just haven't heard of yet.

I very much appreciate any advice from those of you in the know.
Mark

Dec 22, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #4,033 of 4,771
Long time after I got Monarch MKII, I gave it to my brother.
Now that I heard about Prestige, I wanted to try it. :smile_cat:
239906863_10158584666276596_4741429950581829369_n.jpg

Attachments

• 239906863_10158584666276596_4741429950581829369_n.jpg
    239906863_10158584666276596_4741429950581829369_n.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 0
Dec 26, 2022 at 9:34 AM Post #4,035 of 4,771
Hi. How many days left until you get them in your hands?
Wish I knew... they have been sitting in shipping limbo since the 21st. DHL shows the info received that date but nothing more, so I think it hasn't left Linsoul yet. I am hoping it is just holiday, weather and regional craziness.

Anybody from the first batch get there's yet? @aaf evo I hope that you are having better luck with this one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back