ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Jan 5, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #4,051 of 4,771
Hello Bret Halford.

Thank you for the quick reply.

We can understand your frustration as you have purchased an expensive product and encountered an issue with it.

We take this matter very seriously as well, which is why we wanted to find out more and address it as soon as we can. We sincerely apologise if our previous response did not convey that well.

Thank you for taking the time to record the video and sending it to us via e-mail. While it may be inconvenient to do that, we need it to assess the problem faced. Thank you very much and we appreciate it.

Unfortunately, the video link could not be opened and we have made a request for approval via our official e-mail address.

We have also requested for the Serial Number labelled on the THIEAUDIO Prestige packaging box.
As mentioned in our previous reply, all units have been and will be measured and inspected thoroughly before packaging and shipment.
With the Serial Number, we will be able to retrieve the FR graph, showing how the earbuds were functioning well.

That being said, should your earphones still have an issue despite that process, we will definitely look into it and offer a solution to your problem.

Thank you.

With Kind Regards,
Linsoul Team
Hi Deng,

After wasting several days already having me provide your support team with access to a fileshare of the video - that you insisted I create in order to document your defective product - you are only now just starting the RMA process and are insisting it be return shipped anyway. Your disregard for my time and purchase money could not be clearer. This type of customer treatment is unacceptable and I hope that others see this and are able to make better informed purchase decisions than I unfortunately did :frowning2:

Since you had me go to such trouble to document the issue on video, and have subsequently focused on saving face rather than support, I will post the video here (that had to be made public anyway in order for your support to be able to even see it!).

This was without a doubt the most unpleasant unboxing experience I have had at any price point. Your subsequent scrutiny has really turned me off of Linsoul and Thieaudio entirely. It's a shame, I used to really love my Monarch 2 and V16 - shame on you!

Jan 5, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #4,052 of 4,771
Hi Deng,

After wasting several days already having me provide your support team with access to a fileshare of the video - that you insisted I create in order to document your defective product - you are only now just starting the RMA process and are insisting it be return shipped anyway. Your disregard for my time and purchase money could not be clearer. This type of customer treatment is unacceptable and I hope that others see this and are able to make better informed purchase decisions than I unfortunately did :frowning2:

Since you had me go to such trouble to document the issue on video, and have subsequently focused on saving face rather than support, I will post the video here (that had to be made public anyway in order for your support to be able to even see it!).

This was without a doubt the most unpleasant unboxing experience I have had at any price point. Your subsequent scrutiny has really turned me off of Linsoul and Thieaudio entirely. It's a shame, I used to really love my Monarch 2 and V16 - shame on you!

Silly question maybe, but have you tested another cable to make sure it isn't a bad cable?

Jan 5, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #4,053 of 4,771
Silly question maybe, but have you tested another cable to make sure it isn't a bad cable?
Watch the video, both L/R cable channels work on right IEM and neither works on left. I really can't think of a scenario in which cable failure would cause that type of IEM dependent behavior. But yes, I also tried my Monarch 2 stock cable and a Tripowin cable as well... I am desperate and heartbroken so it was worth a shot.

These things do happen (2 pin is what it is). But how the company reacts to these problems is what matters!

Jan 5, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #4,054 of 4,771
Watch the video, both L/R cable channels work on right IEM and neither works on left. I really can't think of a scenario in which cable failure would cause that type of IEM dependent behavior. But yes, I also tried my Monarch 2 stock cable and a Tripowin cable as well... I am desperate and heartbroken so it was worth a shot.

These things do happen (2 pin is what it is). But how the company reacts to these problems is what matters!
Yeah, sorry about your experience. I have purchased a number of Thieaudio products as well. I had a 2 pin connector on my first Clairvoyance that was loose so the connector could rock back and forth and would loosen up over time. I too, had to produce a video of the issue but Linsoul made the return and replacement of the faulty unit pretty painless. Their customer service has been pretty great over the years. I am sure they will take care of you.

Jan 5, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #4,055 of 4,771
Hi Deng,

Good job on documenting how Linsoul treats their customers! Share it, make it public. Let's make a change :)

Jan 5, 2023 at 9:34 PM Post #4,056 of 4,771
Hi Deng,

Hello Bret Halford.

Thank you for the reply and feedback.

First, we would like to apologise if the whole resolution process is taking a much longer time than you expected. As we are not based in the same country, there is a time zone difference. Thank you for your understanding.

When you first sent us an e-mail yesterday, we could not open the video link and immediately requested for an approval on various platforms (e-mail, Head-Fi and Discord). Hours later, we received your e-mail again with the public link.

While we understand the inconveniences in taking a video to demonstrate the problem faced, we needed it to see if we could help address the problem online first.

We are not trying to defend ourselves, shying away from your problem. It is true that the Prestige units were measured and inspected beforehand. The FR graph was also attached in the e-mail to let you know that the earphones were functioning well before packaging and shipment. And as stated in the e-mail, we do take our Quality Control process very seriously and should something have happened despite the thorough process, we will definitely look into it.

Having watched the video, we still do not know the root cause of the issue. Therefore, we stated that a pre-paid DHL Express Shipping Label and RMA Form would be sent to you later today to retrieve the earphones back for inspection. If the earphones are found to have manufacturing issues, we will definitely do an exchange. Our team needed some time to generate the Shipping Label and RMA details, which is why we did not send it to you yesterday. Thank you for your understanding.

We would like to keep everything transparent, which is why the e-mail conversations have been attached below. However, your real name has been covered.
[EDITED] Feedback noted. Screenshot of the e-mail sent by Bret has been deleted. Our e-mail reply is kept to keep things transparent.

We will continue to do a follow-up of the issue via e-mail.

Thank you very much.

With Kind Regards,
Linsoul Team

Official Reply 5:1:2023.png

Last edited:
Linsoul Make your soul dance 💃 Stay updated on Linsoul at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Linsoulaudio/ https://twitter.com/Linsoul_Audio https://www.instagram.com/linsoul.audio/ https://www.linsoul.com/ https://www.linsoul.com/ support@linsoul.com
Jan 6, 2023 at 5:07 AM Post #4,057 of 4,771
Hello Bret Halford.

First, we would like to apologise if the whole resolution process is taking a much longer time than you expected. As we are not based in the same country, there is a time zone difference. Thank you for your understanding.

When you first sent us an e-mail yesterday, we could not open the video link and immediately requested for an approval on various platforms (e-mail, Head-Fi and Discord). Hours later, we received your e-mail again with the public link.

While we understand the inconveniences in taking a video to demonstrate the problem faced, we needed it to see if we could help address the problem online first.

We are not trying to defend ourselves, shying away from your problem. It is true that the Prestige units were measured and inspected beforehand. The FR graph was also attached in the e-mail to let you know that the earphones were functioning well before packaging and shipment. And as stated in the e-mail, we do take our Quality Control process very seriously and should something have happened despite the thorough process, we will definitely look into it.

Having watched the video, we still do not know the root cause of the issue. Therefore, we stated that a pre-paid DHL Express Shipping Label and RMA Form would be sent to you later today to retrieve the earphones back for inspection. If the earphones are found to have manufacturing issues, we will definitely do an exchange. Our team needed some time to generate the Shipping Label and RMA details, which is why we did not send it to you yesterday. Thank you for your understanding.

We would like to keep everything transparent, which is why the e-mail conversations have been attached below. However, your real name has been covered.

Thank you very much.

With Kind Regards,
Linsoul Team

E-mail Convo - 5:1:2023.jpegOfficial Reply 5:1:2023.png
The graph is a bit different from promotional FR though. That 12khz?

Jan 6, 2023 at 9:23 AM Post #4,058 of 4,771
Hello Bret Halford.

Thank you very much.

With Kind Regards,
Linsoul Team

I have to say, having our email exchange leaked here is probably the most unprofessional and violating support experience I have had. You've taken an unpleasant purchase and made it truly memorable.

Since you insist on publicly litigating your support:

It is absolutely unacceptable to require video documentation of an issue just to be able to receive an RMA. The fact that it took you 2 days to communicate that policy as you show above sure doesn't help.

What exactly do you feel the FR plot should help me with? Do you think that represents the current unit performance - even after you have seen the video clearly showing total channel failure? Is your implication that I am somehow incorrect or being dishonest and the unit is actually performing to spec, despite not being stereo? You asked for the serial number in subsequent followup, and devoted quite a bit of time to producing the FR (prior to even generating the RMA!). It's hard for me to understand how it does anything but try to help you save face in this, which again seems to have been your top priority rather than providing support.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #4,061 of 4,771
This entire situation is so unfortunate, I've been silently watching the thread because truthfully, I am a fan of ThieAudio, I really enjoy their overall aesthetic and I was looking forward to purchasing the Prestige soon, but this may change all of that. I own a pair of Monarch MKIIs and I remember distinctly that when I first opened the box, I noticed that the metal nozzle filters were mis-shaped, almost bent inwards and I hadn't even swapped tips yet. I sent an email to Linsoul/Thie to see if maybe they could just send me the filters, I was happy to pay for them. But they required me to send over a video and partake in the same song and dance. Once I read the email I just straight up stopped communication as I felt it was totally unnecessary - especially because I was willing to pay for the filters, shipping, all of it. Strange customer service to say the least.

Jan 6, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #4,063 of 4,771
This entire situation is so unfortunate, I've been silently watching the thread because truthfully, I am a fan of ThieAudio, I really enjoy their overall aesthetic and I was looking forward to purchasing the Prestige soon, but this may change all of that. I own a pair of Monarch MKIIs and I remember distinctly that when I first opened the box, I noticed that the metal nozzle filters were mis-shaped, almost bent inwards and I hadn't even swapped tips yet. I sent an email to Linsoul/Thie to see if maybe they could just send me the filters, I was happy to pay for them. But they required me to send over a video and partake in the same song and dance. Once I read the email I just straight up stopped communication as I felt it was totally unnecessary - especially because I was willing to pay for the filters, shipping, all of it. Strange customer service to say the least.
A good option to consider would be to wait a bit and get Prestige through the dealer network. I bought my Monarch 2 at BloomAudio and my V16 at Audio46 and I'm confident in both cases if this had happened things would have been handled a lot better.

Jan 6, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #4,064 of 4,771
A good option to consider would be to wait a bit and get Prestige through the dealer network. I bought my Monarch 2 at BloomAudio and my V16 at Audio46 and I'm confident in both cases if this had happened things would have been handled a lot better.
You’re absolutely right. I was planning on buying a prestige from either Headphones.com (them being based in the US, I’ve had nothing but stellar experience with their CS) or buying a 2nd hand pair if one becomes available. Unfortunately, with Linsoul being in china, the time differences causes enough frustration as it is - but these Mis-steps by their CS reps and department is beyond comforting when you’re dropping TOTL/Endgame level money (at least for me).

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #4,065 of 4,771
I have to say, having our email exchange leaked here is probably the most unprofessional and violating support experience I have had. You've taken an unpleasant purchase and made it truly memorable.

Since you insist on publicly litigating your support:

It is absolutely unacceptable to require video documentation of an issue just to be able to receive an RMA. The fact that it took you 2 days to communicate that policy as you show above sure doesn't help.

What exactly do you feel the FR plot should help me with? Do you think that represents the current unit performance - even after you have seen the video clearly showing total channel failure? Is your implication that I am somehow incorrect or being dishonest and the unit is actually performing to spec, despite not being stereo? You asked for the serial number in subsequent followup, and devoted quite a bit of time to producing the FR (prior to even generating the RMA!). It's hard for me to understand how it does anything but try to help you save face in this, which again seems to have been your top priority rather than providing support.

Been reading your unfortunate case and i do feel sorry for what you've been through buddy, feel so bad i can't help anything at all but best prayers hopefully linsoul will have quick and satisfying action, especially for their prestige customer who spent a lot for the flagship.

Linsoul, please do pay prompt attention and action.

This should have definitely been handled privately and better. For what it's worth, I got my own Prestige unit earlier today and everything seems not only fine but the two units have the best channel matching I've ever measured.

IMG_8325.jpg IMG_8358.jpg IMG_8357.jpg
graph.png
Nice FR there though, but is that 100-200hz mid bass too thick? I just feel they are too early to have slope rise up, the shelf just too steep thus the 100hz already around +8db and 150hz already +5db. Shouldn't that 100hz still maintain at +5db and after that give big punch on 60hz and lower. Never heard prestige by myself so i just curious and speak up my grain of salt opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back