ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Nov 11, 2022 at 9:05 PM Post #4,006 of 4,771
Thieaudio / Linsoul have updated the provided Prestige FR graph, they had to change their setup 'to properly graph treble extension'

1668203470334.png

That is A LOT of treble energy compared to ear gain... no doubt we're gonna hear the ESTs lol!
Wth... lol

I can update the graph

Nov 11, 2022 at 11:56 PM Post #4,008 of 4,771
Updated ThieAudio Prestige FR Graph from their marketing ad

Thieaudio Prestige DE update 1.jpg

Blue is the old Prestige graph from yesterday and Red is the current updated one.

Thieaudio Prestige DE update 2.jpg

Comparison of updated Prestige FR (red line)
with UM Mest OG aka Mk1 (green line) and Monarch Mk2 (orange line)

I still prefer the old yesterday graph to be honest. They boosted the mid bass more, umm still tolerable but the 5khz dip now more busy that lead to ring of splashy. The upper extension is welcome at 15khz but 12khz just too much even for EST, maybe not harsh but will be sounded unnatural.
Still appreciate for this nice tuning.

Nov 25, 2022 at 10:02 PM Post #4,010 of 4,771
Does anyone know if Thieaudio will sell a single IEM? My four year-old found and smashed the crap out of my right Oracle MkII ☠️

35019DF3-CDDD-4445-9198-380C920D2512.jpeg

Woah! RIP and my condolences. It can't hurt to ask and I wouldn't be surprised if they do. I'd imagine that through the RMA process they likely end up with quite a few unmatched L and R units so it seems like something they should be able to do.

Nov 25, 2022 at 10:03 PM Post #4,011 of 4,771
Woah! RIP and my condolences. It can't hurt to ask and I wouldn't be surprised if they do. I'd imagine that through the RMA process they likely end up with quite a few unmatched L and R units so it seems like something they should be able to do.
Thanks! I reached out to them and Bloom Audio, but everyone is off for the weekend. 🤞

Nov 27, 2022 at 11:07 PM Post #4,012 of 4,771
Does anyone know the specifics of the OEM silicon tips that come with the Monarch Mk 2 (brand/model)? I've tried a few tips so far, but I come back to them since they sound the best. They only provide a shallow insertion, but the sound signature is worth it. I read somewhere that they are Acoustone AET-07. Can anyone confirm?

Nov 27, 2022 at 11:13 PM Post #4,013 of 4,771
Thanks! I reached out to them and Bloom Audio, but everyone is off for the weekend. 🤞

Keep me/us posted on what they say and how this works out, if you don't mind.

Nov 30, 2022 at 9:36 AM Post #4,015 of 4,771
Welp....

Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 6.18.35 AM.png

Pretty heartbroken being out that kind of cash with zero means of replacing the broken bud. Probably not buying a Linsoul brand this time around, not with a 4 year-old around the house.
You have a broken left or right then maybe they can test the drivers and just put them in a new shell. Ive had an issue with my Monarchs 2 where the shells started to crack around the metal nozzles and they fixed them. They just changed the housings or maybe even gave me a complete new pair of drivers too.

Nov 30, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #4,016 of 4,771
Welp....

Pretty heartbroken being out that kind of cash with zero means of replacing the broken bud. Probably not buying a Linsoul brand this time around, not with a 4 year-old around the house.
Definitely heartbreaking! Question… are you gong to avoid “Linsoul“ brands because they won’t replace the one bud while other makers of mid-tier and high end tier buds would replace one, or just avoiding expensive buds till your youngster grows up a bit?

Nov 30, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #4,017 of 4,771
Definitely heartbreaking! Question… are you gong to avoid “Linsoul“ brands because they won’t replace the one bud while other makers of mid-tier and high end tier buds would replace one, or just avoiding expensive buds till your youngster grows up a bit?

Little bit of both, tbh. I'm pretty disappointed that at this price point, nearly $600 USD, there is just nothing they can/will do to help me sort out a replacement bud. But also, I'm pretty terrified of replacing them and only to have my son somehow break them again. After asking him for more detail he told me he was swinging them over his head near the wall and that's how they smashed open. Pretty hard for a four year-old to avoid that kind of fun with dad's things :grin:

Nov 30, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #4,018 of 4,771
Little bit of both, tbh. I'm pretty disappointed that at this price point, nearly $600 USD, there is just nothing they can/will do to help me sort out a replacement bud. But also, I'm pretty terrified of replacing them and only to have my son somehow break them again. After asking him for more detail he told me he was swinging them over his head near the wall and that's how they smashed open. Pretty hard for a four year-old to avoid that kind of fun with dad's things :grin:
If you are willing to re buy a pair, maybe ask for a special discount? Repost your broken oracle mk2 to convince them. Reviewers sometimes can get special discount too, im sure maybe they will give you, they maybe only don't want to sell a side of the IEM as they are manufacturing as a pair.

Second option is like @RIGATIO suggestion. Find an earphone services, change the shell or even make them a custom one.

Feel so sorry for the incident

Nov 30, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #4,019 of 4,771
Welp....

Did they really just say that they'd be happy to help you buy a whole new pair? Well no s***! I imagine just about any company would be happy to help someone buy a $500 - $600 set of IEMs.

I'm sorry that didn't work out. If I were you I would consider searching threads/forums/subreddits for others mentioning they have had some issue with one side breaking and see if they have the side you need and are willing to sell it. I would also post WTB/Looking For ads on here, r/AVexchange, HifiGuides, and any of the other forums and selling spaces and just update them periodically. I have been amazed more than a few times at what I have been able to track down by doing this myself.

I'm kinda blown away at the idea that they don't have any unmatched pairs from RMAs and repairs.

Nov 30, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #4,020 of 4,771
Did they really just say that they'd be happy to help you buy a whole new pair? Well no s***! I imagine just about any company would be happy to help someone buy a $500 - $600 set of IEMs.

I'm sorry that didn't work out. If I were you I would consider searching threads/forums/subreddits for others mentioning they have had some issue with one side breaking and see if they have the side you need and are willing to sell it. I would also post WTB/Looking For ads on here, r/AVexchange, HifiGuides, and any of the other forums and selling spaces and just update them periodically. I have been amazed more than a few times at what I have been able to track down by doing this myself.

I'm kinda blown away at the idea that they don't have any unmatched pairs from RMAs and repairs.
I was going to suggest this as well. You never know if anyone has a broken set and could sell you a single ear piece.

And LOL to that response. Why don’t you just buy a new pair? Give me a break with that. If that was the plan you’d never have reached out to them at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back