ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Nov 10, 2022 at 11:56 AM Post #3,991 of 4,774
That also means you might cry more when the price is announced (TBD - but I'm expecting a lot lot, by instinct).
I heard rumors around $1100 just a little top up from Monarch mk II. If that the price for TOTL tuning and TOTL technicalities, well i can stretch up even if i need to let go my Mest.

Seriously I was surprised looking at the FR, its very similar to my own tuning target which i created for years, combining from here and there from my experiences with lot of IEMs.
Just a little worry of the mid and upper bass at 100-300hz area where they earlier to rise with higher quantity which is prone to little upper bass bleed.

Pinna gain and lower trebles dips and boosts are perfect. Guess match your preference also. Brilliant tuning!

Nov 10, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #3,992 of 4,774
I heard rumors around $1100 just a little top up from Monarch mk II. If that the price for TOTL tuning and TOTL technicalities, well i can stretch up even if i need to let go my Mest.

Seriously I was surprised looking at the FR, its very similar to my own tuning target which i created for years, combining from here and there from my experiences with lot of IEMs.
Just a little worry of the mid and upper bass at 100-300hz area where they earlier to rise with higher quantity which is prone to little upper bass bleed.

Pinna gain and lower trebles dips and boosts are perfect. Guess match your preference also. Brilliant tuning!
You should try to claim they are an Thieaudio x DynamicEars collab, it is UNCANNY lol.

Nov 10, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #3,993 of 4,774
That was the price mentioned in the leak a few weeks back, hopefully it's true!

Edit: here is the original leak image with price (in Japanese unfortunately):

1668099223962.png

Apparently it is pictured as priced as 2x the Oracle 2 (~$1100 USD)... I certainly can't read it myself, maybe some other head-fiers can confirm?
170,000 yen equals around $1,200 ish

Nov 10, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #3,994 of 4,774
I really want to see the overlay of prestige's FR graph with monarch mki or ii. Monarch OG might have used some more air high treble area with a little bit less mid treble.

Nov 10, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #3,995 of 4,774
I don't think it's reasonable to expect Maestro levels of Bass from the Prestige, that's not what Thieaudio is about. It looks more like a further boost on the Clairvoyant (8-9 dB vs. 20-25 dB), which as part of Thieaudio's excellent balanced tuning would be most welcome to my ear.

For what it's worth, I'll almost certainly pre-order the Prestige and can compare to FatFREQ Maestro Grand and Mini for interested Bassheads. I'm more interested to compare it to my Monarch 2 and V16 myself :)
In that case, I'll order the Maestro Mini for EDM and Hip Hop.

Edit: 2 Hrs Later...The order is in. I should get it in 6-7 days via the Free DHL Option. Very excited.Love my good bass.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #3,996 of 4,774
I really want to see the overlay of prestige's FR graph with monarch mki or ii. Monarch OG might have used some more air high treble area with a little bit less mid treble.
OG Monarch to my ears has quite enough treble everywhere with the right tips + right DAP. AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC to me gives it QDC Anole VX like Treble with the QDC Treble switch on. Pairing wasn't so great with my Sony ZX507.

This is why I sold my QDC Anole VX. With those Tips I preferred the Monarch Musical presentation best paired with iBasso DX240.

Nov 10, 2022 at 9:52 PM Post #3,997 of 4,774
Thieaudio Prestige DE 1.jpg

I convert the manufacturer graph with overlay to match my graph and made comparison with my own target, and compare with UM Mest, then I add Monarck mk II (of course everyone will curious bout this)
with note : the Monarch Mk II FR isnt from my graph, credit to Crinacle. My rig is similar with crin's and from same IEM I got very similar result with him, so I borrow monarch mk II FR from him here, but still remember this is not 100% accurate.

Thieaudio Prestige DE 2.jpg

grey is my own target (whoa, when did thieaudio steal my database? crazy, like really build this for me)
green is UM Mest mk 1 from my own measurement
blue is Thieaudio Prestige converted from Marketing graph
orange is Monarch Mk2 FR from crinacle

btw @drspeter you have both UM mest OG and Monarch mk I, how is your impressions between two? Which one do you like the most? Thanks

Nov 10, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #3,998 of 4,774
Thieaudio Prestige DE 1.jpg

I convert the manufacturer graph with overlay to match my graph and made comparison with my own target, and compare with UM Mest, then I add Monarck mk II (of course everyone will curious bout this)
with note : the Monarch Mk II FR isnt from my graph, credit to Crinacle. My rig is similar with crin's and from same IEM I got very similar result with him, so I borrow monarch mk II FR from him here, but still remember this is not 100% accurate.

Thieaudio Prestige DE 2.jpg
grey is my own target (whoa, when did thieaudio steal my database? crazy, like really build this for me)
green is UM Mest mk 1 from my own measurement
blue is Thieaudio Prestige converted from Marketing graph
orange is Monarch Mk2 FR from crinacle

btw @drspeter you have both UM mest OG and Monarch mk I, how is your impressions between two? Which one do you like the most? Thanks
Looks super solid if you’re in for more bass and what seems like a more laid back approach to female vocals, which, honestly, I won’t complain about. The one thing I wonder if they’re able to accomplish is getting the shell shape and size to fit more people. The Monarch II is a chonker of a set and I think that’s definitely one of the areas they can improve if possible.

Nov 11, 2022 at 2:04 AM Post #3,999 of 4,774
For me (, MEST wins most of the aspects except that it is not the most natural sounding one. For me, it is not a big issue as I am mostly listening rock, metal where the timbre of instruments is not the most important factor. Also, while monarch might be better in that aspect but still it is not the best IEM in that aspect either.
MEST has a special sauce that infuses excitement to the music that I am listening to, and has better texture, wide / spacious / holographic soundstage and a tad bit better detail retrieval. I hope you find this helpful :)

Nov 11, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #4,000 of 4,774
Looks super solid if you’re in for more bass and what seems like a more laid back approach to female vocals, which, honestly, I won’t complain about. The one thing I wonder if they’re able to accomplish is getting the shell shape and size to fit more people. The Monarch II is a chonker of a set and I think that’s definitely one of the areas they can improve if possible.
My guess is that they're still using the same DD but just bumped up the db, which is fine, but I'd rather them keep the same bass level (or a little more sub-bass) but with a better DD. The main nitpick on the MMK2 bass wasn't that it lacked bass volume, but texture/detail. Right now it seems like there's a bit too much mid-bass + taking away the 1-4k region, but who knows, it'll probably sound good! Curious to see how it stacks up against the MEST2.

Nov 11, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #4,003 of 4,774
how did they change the graph? lol. Now it looks like completely different treble beast. I remember that someone who had auditioned prestige describe that as a more fun monarch mkii with similar (if not better or worse) resolving capability. I hope that the new product has something distinguishing that justifies the price and addition into the new catalogue (not another something similar to their own products)

Nov 11, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #4,004 of 4,774
Thieaudio / Linsoul have updated the provided Prestige FR graph, they had to change their setup 'to properly graph treble extension'

1668203470334.png

That is A LOT of treble energy compared to ear gain... no doubt we're gonna hear the ESTs lol!
Woah that treble. Should be fine though since it’s EST. I guess the Prestige is more V-shaped vs mid-focused of the MMK2. More Treble detail vs mid detail.

Nov 11, 2022 at 6:36 PM Post #4,005 of 4,774
I am curious about what those 4 estats can do compared to usual 2 per unit config.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back