ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Nov 7, 2022 at 10:54 AM Post #3,976 of 4,796
They don’t. Should, (at least be close) given they use the same drivers. But it suffers from the same issues as the Clairvoyances and the OG; blunted. I.e. implementation wasn’t as good as it could be. Precog had a well done review of the OMKII. Bare in mind the issues he points out are all down to being over dampened (as in too much pressure in the sound tubes for the drivers to perform properly).

Granted, I do own the Clair and the blunted issue is only noticeable in comparison but for $600 (700 for the Clair) but it still shouldn’t be acceptable. Personally I’d go with the Moondrop Variations before the OMKII even though I dislike it’s tuning or a used Monarch MKII. I’m not saying you won’t be happy with the OMKII but this is something you should at least keep in mind.

I had very high hopes for the new Oracle, I very, very nearly bought one blind. I thought they’d figured out the how “importance of air pressure on driver performance” thing with the MMKII. Again, I’m not saying the OMKII isn’t worth buying just if technicalities are a main consideration you’d be better with even the Variations.
Have you actually heard both?

I have heard both but not back to back. The MMKII was pretty phenomenal sounding. It had some of the most polished treble I have heard on an IEM. The fit was horrible regardless of the tips used however which is why I ended up selling them. The bass was high quality but the quantity left something to be desired for a dynamic driver.

I just picked up the Oracle MKII about 10 days ago. There was an open box special at Audio 46 so I kind of took a flyer on it. After some burn-in which has seemed to be necessary on all the Thieaudio tribrids (Clairvoyance, Monarch OG, Monarch MKII) I have tried the Oracle2 has really settled into a very preferable sound signature for me.

I never heard the Oracle OG so can't speak to how it compares to that but I would say the Oracle2 reminds me of the Monarch OG and Variations sound signatures. With that said I find it more balanced and preferable to both. I found those two to be too sub-bass focused and the cut-off too sharp making the mids sound thin and have less body. The Oracle2 is still sub-bass focused but it has just enough mid-bass to keep things balanced. I get why people who prefer classic rock and other older genres may not like this still however. Those older recording are often so bass-light and not very dynamic so they need some enhanced mid-bass (like the Clairvoyance) to make that music shine.

Mids are solid, not super recessed but some vocals can still sound just a tad thin. Mids are still a noticeable step up over the Monarch OG and Variations.

The treble is slightly boosted but it is technically very good too. You get all the detail but most importantly they really let you "hear" the space the music is happening in. The overall signature is pulled back just a touch. This is not an intimate sounding set but these have phenomenal sound stage and expand the space well outside your head. The caveat here is that any bright or poorly recorded tracks will not sound good on these at all. The cymbals, sense of space and imaging on Dave Bruebeck's Take Five are the best I have heard anywhere near this price point.

In terms of fit I will say these are MUCH smaller than the chonky Monarch OG/Clairvoyance shells. These are easily the best fitting Thieaudio shells I have tried. They are a perfect fit for me with Spinfit 360 tips that have the little true wireless groove that grab into the flared nozzle tips.

I quite like the cable with the swappable terminations. One gripe is that the cable is not super durable. The wire is soft and seems to be susceptible to being permanently crimped. Also due to the soft nature of the strands and the twist-style weave the cable can come untwisted especially at the connector.

These take more juice to power than any other IEMs I own. These require high gain on my M11 Plus LTD. They sound even better out of the Questyle M15 (what an amazing device that is!).

These IEMs are right in my wheelhouse. My favorite IEMs up until now have been the Moondrop S8 and Softears RSV. I am really enjoying the Oracle2 as it is a very balanced signature but with a bit more energy, stronger sense of space and much higher quality bass. They are very engaging, not what I would call relaxed. With that said all that information in the treble range is never abrasive to my ears. It is interesting the total lack of hype around these (maybe they shouldn't have called them the Oracle MKII?) and even some of the ho-hum reviews so far. With that said, these get a strong recommendation from me!

Attachments

• PXL_20221026_133805905.jpg
    PXL_20221026_133805905.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Nov 7, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #3,977 of 4,796
Have you actually heard both?

I have heard both but not back to back. The MMKII was pretty phenomenal sounding. It had some of the most polished treble I have heard on an IEM. The fit was horrible regardless of the tips used however which is why I ended up selling them. The bass was high quality but the quantity left something to be desired for a dynamic driver.

I just picked up the Oracle MKII about 10 days ago. There was an open box special at Audio 46 so I kind of took a flyer on it. After some burn-in which has seemed to be necessary on all the Thieaudio tribrids (Clairvoyance, Monarch OG, Monarch MKII) I have tried the Oracle2 has really settled into a very preferable sound signature for me.

I never heard the Oracle OG so can't speak to how it compares to that but I would say the Oracle2 reminds me of the Monarch OG and Variations sound signatures. With that said I find it more balanced and preferable to both. I found those two to be too sub-bass focused and the cut-off too sharp making the mids sound thin and have less body. The Oracle2 is still sub-bass focused but it has just enough mid-bass to keep things balanced. I get why people who prefer classic rock and other older genres may not like this still however. Those older recording are often so bass-light and not very dynamic so they need some enhanced mid-bass (like the Clairvoyance) to make that music shine.

Mids are solid, not super recessed but some vocals can still sound just a tad thin. Mids are still a noticeable step up over the Monarch OG and Variations.

The treble is slightly boosted but it is technically very good too. You get all the detail but most importantly they really let you "hear" the space the music is happening in. The overall signature is pulled back just a touch. This is not an intimate sounding set but these have phenomenal sound stage and expand the space well outside your head. The caveat here is that any bright or poorly recorded tracks will not sound good on these at all. The cymbals, sense of space and imaging on Dave Bruebeck's Take Five are the best I have heard anywhere near this price point.

In terms of fit I will say these are MUCH smaller than the chonky Monarch OG/Clairvoyance shells. These are easily the best fitting Thieaudio shells I have tried. They are a perfect fit for me with Spinfit 360 tips that have the little true wireless groove that grab into the flared nozzle tips.

I quite like the cable with the swappable terminations. One gripe is that the cable is not super durable. The wire is soft and seems to be susceptible to being permanently crimped. Also due to the soft nature of the strands and the twist-style weave the cable can come untwisted especially at the connector.

These take more juice to power than any other IEMs I own. These require high gain on my M11 Plus LTD. They sound even better out of the Questyle M15 (what an amazing device that is!).

These IEMs are right in my wheelhouse. My favorite IEMs up until now have been the Moondrop S8 and Softears RSV. I am really enjoying the Oracle2 as it is a very balanced signature but with a bit more energy, stronger sense of space and much higher quality bass. They are very engaging, not what I would call relaxed. With that said all that information in the treble range is never abrasive to my ears. It is interesting the total lack of hype around these (maybe they shouldn't have called them the Oracle MKII?) and even some of the ho-hum reviews so far. With that said, these get a strong recommendation from me!
Thanks for giving a good counter balance to my reply (which may have been [apparently absolutely was] more black and white than I intended). Looks like I should edit it to be a bit clearer than it was.

I’ve not heard the Oracle MKII, my comments were based upon reviews saying it has implementation issues similar to the Clairvoyance (which I love and don’t notice unless i just listened to something else). I didn’t mean to imply it wasn’t good or worth getting (regarding the OMKII, the Clair might not be a good dollars to performance ratio any more).

Nov 7, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #3,978 of 4,796
What exactly is your point? You appear to understand what I was saying, at least some of what you said would suggest that. But this reply doesn’t seem to make much sense in context unless I shouldn’t be taking it too seriously.

Your premise and conclusion got exactly the amount of seriousness they deserve :)

To start (pun fully intended), you're mixing up causality: the BA generates air pressure, not the reverse. You're hand waving claimed mechanical oscilator effects (audible now too) simply don't make sense. If your oscillator is overtensioned (different than over damped) that will - again - produce back EMF into your amplifier and manifest as run of the mill THD, nothing to do with 'blunting' whatever that actually is. And again, an overdamped oscillator will be less prone to this as it spends less time away from equilibrium by definition.

I think the point you are trying to make here is that you find the transient decay too fast, which is a matter of preference not a degradation of the driver performance as you've claimed here.

Nov 7, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #3,979 of 4,796
Your premise and conclusion got exactly the amount of seriousness they deserve :)

To start (pun fully intended), you're mixing up causality: the BA generates air pressure, not the reverse. You're hand waving claimed mechanical oscilator effects (audible now too) simply don't make sense. If your oscillator is overtensioned (different than over damped) that will - again - produce back EMF into your amplifier and manifest as run of the mill THD, nothing to do with 'blunting' whatever that actually is. And again, an overdamped oscillator will be less prone to this as it spends less time away from equilibrium by definition.

I think the point you are trying to make here is that you find the transient decay too fast, which is a matter of preference not a degradation of the driver performance as you've claimed here.
My browser is acting up and I can’t see what I’m writing as I type so I’ll make this short. I’d be interested in carrying on this conversation in PM rather than blowing up this thread and confusing people to boot. I would be very interested to hear why you don’t think air pressure effects driver performance (unless either or both of us misspoke/understood something the other was saying).

And yeah, you’re right with “blunted, whatever that means”. I shouldn’t have used words with no proper definition

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2022 at 9:00 AM Post #3,980 of 4,796
Hi- pls tell us about your experience as an audiophile/in audio. Not so interested in Oracle myself, quite satisfied with Monarch Mk2.

Oki 😉
I'll be back tomorrow or the day after. It will be with pleasure that I will try to share my almost spiritual passion!

Nov 8, 2022 at 10:40 AM Post #3,981 of 4,796
Check out Fatfreq Maestro Mini
Def going to get this for my Hip hop / EDM collection. Everything else...OG Monarch. Though I heard there's a Version 2 coming out with 25db of bass vs 20db in current one plus a little more mid, treble energy. May wait for the reviews to decide which one to get.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2022 at 7:27 AM Post #3,982 of 4,796
Nov 10, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #3,984 of 4,796
Nov 10, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #3,985 of 4,796
Thieaudio Prestige

Linsoul link
Such a beautiful shell. I'm all about that BASS with decent mids and treble like OG Monarch. I was thinking about getting the FATfreq Maestro mini with that crazy 20-25DB bass shelf for hip hop and EDM but this looks more interesting with same crazy bass all under 250Hz.

Is this the new Monarch? Same driver count

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #3,986 of 4,796
Such a beautiful shell. I'm all about that BASS with decent mids and treble like OG Monarch. I was thinking about getting the FATfreq Maestro mini with that crazy 20-25DB bass shelf for hip hop and EDM but this looks more interesting with same crazy bass all under 250Hz.

I have Maestro Mini on my ears right this moment. Woob woob!

Nov 10, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #3,987 of 4,796
I don't think it's reasonable to expect Maestro levels of Bass from the Prestige, that's not what Thieaudio is about. It looks more like a further boost on the Clairvoyant (8-9 dB vs. 20-25 dB), which as part of Thieaudio's excellent balanced tuning would be most welcome to my ear.

For what it's worth, I'll almost certainly pre-order the Prestige and can compare to FatFREQ Maestro Grand and Mini for interested Bassheads. I'm more interested to compare it to my Monarch 2 and V16 myself :)

Nov 10, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #3,989 of 4,796
That also means you might cry more when the price is announced (TBD - but I'm expecting a lot lot, by instinct).
I might have gotten a wrong info but I saw that they are priced at 1099. Expensive but not crazy expensive

Nov 10, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #3,990 of 4,796
I might have gotten a wrong info but I saw that they are priced at 1099. Expensive but not crazy expensive
That was the price mentioned in the leak a few weeks back, hopefully it's true!

Edit: here is the original leak image with price (in Japanese unfortunately):

1668099223962.png

Apparently it is pictured as priced as 2x the Oracle 2 (~$1100 USD)... I certainly can't read it myself, maybe some other head-fiers can confirm?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back