ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Jun 28, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #2,761 of 4,753
What tips are y'all using on the Oracle? I feel like the stock spinfits CP100 kinda deaden/dulls the sound to me. Treble seems rolled off and not what I was expecting for a EST driver. Almost like no EST drivers in them at all. The foam tips sound a little better but still don't quite sound right? Are the Xelestac a good match?
They were very good match for me, i initially ordered the 3 pack with three different sizes. I seem to like medium better. They seem to almost mold to your ear canal. Ive also been keeping my ears clean with the Spade ear cleaning tool, that helps. I Find some of the feedback on the Oracle confusing, it’s a very good tuned set, but I guess I listen from a musician rather than an audiophile or engineers perspective. Today I listened through my portable rig Onkyo and Vorzuge amp, explosive dynamics, great tone on saxes, etc.

Jun 29, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #2,762 of 4,753
I am starting to wonder if Thieaudio is going to put out another pair in the future that is priced somewhere like $1300+

The way the current ones preform I'd love to see what a big budget one could do. Thieaudio figured out the sauce

Jun 29, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #2,763 of 4,753
New Toy arrived.

1624992284849.png

Jun 29, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #2,764 of 4,753
$500 segment seems to be heating up with the arrival of Moondrop variations. As per Crinacle, the Variations sits between the Oracle and Clairvoyance in technical ability.

And there is Etymotic Evo, which I'll be getting my hands on in about 10 days. Though not as technologically advanced as the tribids, the Evo being an Etymotic DF tuning with bass boost seems an interesting proposition. I'll be comparing it with the Clairvoyance and Blessing2 Dusk to see where it is at.

Jun 29, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #2,765 of 4,753
IMG_4440.jpeg

I ordered all four Signature Series tribrids and finally received them last week after a month of anticipation. Here are my brief impressions/comparisons.

IMG_4435.jpeg

Excalibur

A warm tuning with booming bass and smooth mids. An upper treble boost that, while fatiguing, works very well with acoustic music. To me this sounds like the Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk with better bass, more air and a bigger stage. I can't wait to compare this to the Moondrop Variations I've got coming soon.

Oracle

Really recessed bass and a decent upper mid boost compared to the other three. Seemingly no improvement in technical performance over the Excalibur. My least favorite of the bunch.

IMG_4456.jpeg

Clairvoyance

A noticeable step down in resolution compared to the Monarch. Wonderfully smooth tuning but not different enough from the Monarch to be worth considering. Just spend the extra $30.

Monarch

The one IEM to rule them all. Smooth and highly resolving tuning. Excellent and tasteful subbass boost. Flagship killing imaging and staging at the cost of a slightly diffused presentation. At $730 this is the baseline that $2000+ IEMs should live up to.

My Conclusion

Oracle < Clairvoyance < Excalibur < Monarch

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #2,766 of 4,753
IMG_4440.jpeg

I ordered all four Signature Series tribrids and finally received them last week after a month of anticipation. Here are my brief impressions/comparisons.

IMG_4435.jpeg

Excalibur

A warm tuning with booming bass and smooth mids. An upper treble boost that, while fatiguing, works very well with acoustic music. To me this sounds like the Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk with better bass, more air and a bigger stage. I can't wait to compare this to the Moondrop Variations I've got coming soon.

Oracle

Really recessed bass and a decent upper mid boost compared to the other three. Seemingly no improvement in technical performance over the Excalibur. My least favorite of the bunch.

IMG_4456.jpeg

Clairvoyance

A noticeable step down in resolution compared to the Monarch. Wonderfully smooth tuning but not different enough from the Monarch to be worth considering. Just spend the extra $30.

Monarch

The one IEM to rule them all. Smooth and highly resolving tuning. Excellent and tasteful subbass boost. Flagship killing imaging and staging at the cost of a slightly diffused presentation. At $730 this is the baseline that $2000+ IEMs should live up to.

My Conclusion

Interesting ranking.

Jun 29, 2021 at 6:17 PM Post #2,767 of 4,753
IMG_4440.jpeg

IMG_4435.jpeg

Excalibur

Oracle

IMG_4456.jpeg

Clairvoyance

Monarch

My Conclusion

Very interesting ranking indeed. I love the Monarch and the sub bass rattles my brain every time I listen to it. I also have the Oracle and Excalibur on the way. So I think I’m covered on all fronts.
I was debating getting the Clairvoyance too, but I thought it would be a little redundant of the Oracle… but regardless, I’m truly looking forward to the Excalibur. It has a super nice V shape sound sig and one that may have BOTH sub bass and mid bass to spare. :)

Jun 29, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #2,768 of 4,753
$500 segment seems to be heating up with the arrival of Moondrop variations. As per Crinacle, the Variations sits between the Oracle and Clairvoyance in technical ability.

And there is Etymotic Evo, which I'll be getting my hands on in about 10 days. Though not as technologically advanced as the tribids, the Evo being an Etymotic DF tuning with bass boost seems an interesting proposition. I'll be comparing it with the Clairvoyance and Blessing2 Dusk to see where it is at.
Mangird Xenns Up as well another tribrid

Jun 29, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #2,769 of 4,753
IMG_4440.jpeg

IMG_4435.jpeg

Excalibur

Oracle

IMG_4456.jpeg

Clairvoyance

Monarch

My Conclusion

Nice Foursome!😁

Jun 29, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #2,770 of 4,753
Excalibur

Those were my thoughts on the Oracle except no upper treble boost. I wouldn't say the bass is better than the Dusk, just more sub bass. Staging also a few rows back compared to the Dusk.

Jun 30, 2021 at 5:16 AM Post #2,771 of 4,753
Any thoughts on how the Monarch and the Oracle fare against the UM MEST OG?

Jun 30, 2021 at 7:36 AM Post #2,773 of 4,753
Inspired by the AET double flange, I noticed I miss bass, due to the fit in my ear from the Oracles. Took some large size soft tips and cut out part of their core, so they position to the back of the Oracle stem. I can then tip roll smaller sizes on top of them, wihtout having to select those improving the bass pressence or those that simply hurt my inner ears. Currently listening to BGVP A08 and E01. In this setup I had also some good experience combining small hybrids like Queen Lab (still waiting for small Symbio). They seem to improve on response and clarity due to combination of harder material and wider bore.

Attachments

• img1.jpg
    img1.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 0
Jun 30, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #2,774 of 4,753
IMG_4440.jpeg

IMG_4435.jpeg

Excalibur

Oracle

IMG_4456.jpeg

Clairvoyance

Monarch

My Conclusion

Oh hey you also own the HE1kv2! I'm curious about what your impressions are between those and the Monarchs as well?

Jun 30, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #2,775 of 4,753
Oh hey you also own the HE1kv2! I'm curious about what your impressions are between those and the Monarchs as well?
I think the HE1000 V2 and Monarch have a similar stage, relative to their form factor at least, but pretty different presentation, tuning and timbre.

The Monarch has an interesting vertical quality to it's presentation. Bass sounds like it comes from below, mids come from the center and highs come from above. I actually love this quirk but it can come across a bit strange at times. V2 is 100% cohesive and has insane instrument separation.

The V2 is significantly brighter than the Monarch. This might be unpleasant for some but it's nothing that EQ can't fix. Monarch is the is the best compromise I've heard between smoothness and detail out of the box.

Timbre is noticeably different between a planar and a DD/BA setup... obviously. I believe that even the best BA's will always be inferior to the best planars or DD's. The Monarch's timbre is great for an IEM, but the V2 presents many sounds like percussion, bass guitar, crowd and nature ambience etc. exactly how it sounds in real life. I have yet to hear an IEM with timbre on the level of the V2 and I doubt I ever will.

If you love the Arya/HE1000 and want that in an IEM, the Monarch is the closest I've heard so far. Still, comparing them one-on-one it's not even close. The V2 is the best headphone I've ever heard and I imagine the only thing that could change that would be the Susvara.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back