ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Jun 28, 2021 at 8:06 AM Post #2,746 of 4,753
Forgot to ever add my impressions of the Oracle, I just kinda got them and have been enjoying them since. Using stock cable and the CP100s they came with. I might try other tips but these are comfy and that's the most important factor.

They're an airy listen, with well presented detail and bass. I agree with some of the other comments I've read in that they're not detail monsters, but I think that works to their advantage, in that they never become fatiguing. I don't own any other high-end pairs of IEMs and my other set are FiiO FH3s. There's really no contest between the two; the Oracle is much more holographic and with a less V shaped tuning. The Oracle sounds better even than my Denon AH D7000 closed back headphones, which have a wider stage, sure, but seem sibilant in comparison.

Rather excellent stock cable with a nicely machined cinch and no rough edges.

My only negative I guess is that I thought they were ported (they look to be) but I still get a suctioning feeling when inserting them. And maaybeee they struggle slightly with a very complicated, bass heavy soundtrack, like the underground chase in Dark Knight where kinetic action and bombastic music go hand in hand. I'd love to compare and contrast with the Clairvoyance to see what, if any, differences there are. In an Oracle 2, I'd like to see a faster, custom dynamic driver included for a more full-sounding and quicker bass response.

I don't think I'd want to trade them out for the Monarch, I really think that might have too much bass by comparison. The Oracle is so well balanced.
In regards to your concerns about the Oracle sounding less detailed than expected, have you tried a different cable? Preferably a pure silver cable? I think the stock cable that comes with the Monarch/Clair/Oracle/Excalibur is just ok…. I’ve had feelings of lack of coherency when using the stock cable with my Monarchs, but when I switched it to a silver cable, it was clear and crisp as can be.
but switching out the cable might not solve all your problems with the Oracle, but it will definitely help IMHO.

Jun 28, 2021 at 8:18 AM Post #2,747 of 4,753
In regards to your concerns about the Oracle sounding less detailed than expected, have you tried a different cable? Preferably a pure silver cable? I think the stock cable that comes with the Monarch/Clair/Oracle/Excalibur is just ok…. I’ve had feelings of lack of coherency when using the stock cable with my Monarchs, but when I switched it to a silver cable, it was clear and crisp as can be.
but switching out the cable might not solve all your problems with the Oracle, but it will definitely help IMHO.
Any recommendations? A pure silver cable sounds expensive! I normally think cable switching is just for aesthetics and 'psychoacoustics' but I can see the merit in pure silver with a sensitive IEM.
And I'm not saying it's got problems, more that I'm curious about the top performing IEMs by comparison.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021 at 8:29 AM Post #2,748 of 4,753
Any recommendations? A pure silver cable sounds expensive! I normally think cable switching is just for aesthetics and 'psychoacoustics' but I can see the merit in pure silver with a sensitive IEM.
And I'm not saying it's got problems, more that I'm curious about the top performing IEMs by comparison.
Heh, yes it is true that pure silver litz cables are the more expensive kind of cable, but to get a good one, you’d probably be looking at $200-250 for it.

personally I have a custom made cable from a guy I know here on Head-Fi. He makes quality cables at a good price. If you’re interested, let me know and I’ll give you his info.

Jun 28, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #2,749 of 4,753
I have the feeling that both sides on my Monarchs lost some bass rumble, even an impedance adapter does no big change to it anymore.
Does anyone experianced something like this?

Jun 28, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #2,750 of 4,753
I have the feeling that both sides on my Monarchs lost some bass rumble, even an impedance adapter does no big change to it anymore.
Does anyone experianced something like this?
Yes, I had the same problem with my left earpiece on my Monarchs. Turned out to be something wrong with the driver and I had to send it back under warranty. Contact Linsoul and tell them the issue you’re having. They’ll send u all the information u need to ship it back to them.

Jun 28, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #2,751 of 4,753
Yes, I had the same problem with my left earpiece on my Monarchs. Turned out to be something wrong with the driver and I had to send it back under warranty. Contact Linsoul and tell them the issue you’re having. They’ll send u all the information u need to ship it back to them.
Did they repaired it or send you a new one?

Jun 28, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #2,752 of 4,753
Jun 28, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #2,753 of 4,753
I’m a little curious here. Throwing this out there to anyone this applies to… but has anyone tried the HiFiberry DAC2 HD + DSP with the Monarchs? If so, then how does it sound??

it utilizes the Burr Brown chipset which is intriguing because I like the iFi Audio sound but always wanted DSP. I’m probably gonna make this my next project and set up my own home brew DAC+DSP! 😂

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #2,754 of 4,753
What tips are y'all using on the Oracle? I feel like the stock spinfits CP100 kinda deaden/dulls the sound to me. Treble seems rolled off and not what I was expecting for a EST driver. Almost like no EST drivers in them at all. The foam tips sound a little better but still don't quite sound right? Are the Xelestac a good match?
You could try a tip with a wide bore. Funny but someone above mentioned not liking the Epro tips while I've been going back a forth this morning between the Epro's and the Spinfits. The Epro's seem to open everything up without loosing much, if any, low end but I need to stick with a tip for a few days before swapping in order to get a better handle on the sound. Personally, I think the CP100's are pretty good.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #2,755 of 4,753
You could try a tip with a wide bore. Funny but someone above mentioned not liking the Epro tips while I've been going back a forth this morning between the Epro's and the Spinfits. The Epro's seem to open everything up without loosing much, if any, low end but I need to stick with a tip for a few days before swapping in order to get a better handle on the sound. Personally, I think the CP100's are pretty good.
Had some CP155's on hand so trying them out right now. These have a deeper insertion but bore size is about the same as CP100. Comfort wise about the same too . Sound seems to be better and more balanced with a relaxed nature. They sound very close to Harmon without any EQ. They remind me a lot of the B2 Dusk with the CP155's on.

Will see how this goes...think I'm gonna try the Xelastecs too.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #2,756 of 4,753
Had some CP155's on hand so trying them out right now. These have a deeper insertion but bore size is about the same as CP100. Comfort wise about the same too . Sound seems to be better and more balanced with a relaxed nature. They sound very close to Harmon without any EQ. They remind me a lot of the B2 Dusk with the CP155's on.

Will see how this goes...think I'm gonna try the Xelastecs too.
Unfortunately, I can't get a seal with the Xelastics. Too short and/or wrong profile for my ears with the Oracles. But yeah, I'd definitely give a wider bore tip a try if you can.

Jun 28, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #2,757 of 4,753
Kinda digging the CP155's on the Oracle. Well balanced, non-fatiguing sound. These don't demand or grab your attention but are nice and pleasing to listen to while doing other things. Have them paired with the UTWS3 at work for the past few hours and haven't felt the need to take a break or take them off.

Jun 28, 2021 at 7:28 PM Post #2,758 of 4,753
Kinda digging the CP155's on the Oracle. Well balanced, non-fatiguing sound. These don't demand or grab your attention but are nice and pleasing to listen to while doing other things. Have them paired with the UTWS3 at work for the past few hours and haven't felt the need to take a break or take them off.
Cool. Do the CP155's grip the Oracle stem tight enough? The CP145's go on pretty easy as it is.

Jun 28, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #2,759 of 4,753
Cool. Do the CP155's grip the Oracle stem tight enough? The CP145's go on pretty easy as it is.
Yup, no problems with them slipping off. The UTWS3 seems to drive them pretty well too.

PXL_20210629_010041204.jpg

I'm always weary with 2-pin connections though, afraid of snapping them. These are particularly tight and kind of a pain to remove the cable the first few tries. Seems to have loosen up a bit and easier to install now.

Jun 28, 2021 at 9:45 PM Post #2,760 of 4,753
How is the size? I have M/L ear canals, more often M with the Oracle (semi-deep fit). Should I buy M or ML Xelastecs?

I don't know it it was a real burn in or brain burn in, but I gradually started to like CP100s with the Oracle, very comfortable and good sounding. Right now my favourites with the Oracle are the BGVP A07 M ("vocal"), while ePros turned out to be kinda garbage (very soft, no proper seal, weird sound). 😒
I just tried the medium I like them a lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back