Thieaudio Monarch MKIII impressions, reviews, and pictures thread
Nov 23, 2023 at 4:45 AM Post #391 of 696
I had been using Spinfits W1 on s12 pro, and now continue using it on mk3; the mk3 fits and seals so well compared to s12 pro; like night and day (it was a wow when I go back and wear s12 pro). I also have ie200 but never like the fit though it is very small.

Do you guys have any eartips recommendation to tame the treble a bit ? it is sometimes too much for me on some songs. Thank you in advance.

Nov 23, 2023 at 5:36 AM Post #392 of 696
I had been using Spinfits W1 on s12 pro, and now continue using it on mk3; the mk3 fits and seals so well compared to s12 pro; like night and day (it was a wow when I go back and wear s12 pro). I also have ie200 but never like the fit though it is very small.

Do you guys have any eartips recommendation to tame the treble a bit ? it is sometimes too much for me on some songs. Thank you in advance.
I use white stock ones with mmk3. I really like the balance between bass/treble/isolation with those

Nov 23, 2023 at 7:30 AM Post #393 of 696
I use white stock ones with mmk3. I really like the balance between bass/treble/isolation with those
hmm... I can't recall why I didn't use the stock tips earlier.
Just did A/B testing, think I am hearing more details from stock tips, definitely better bass and it is louder also; W1 is softer and more sticky.
I will use the stock ones for some days. Thank you so much.

Nov 23, 2023 at 8:52 AM Post #394 of 696
U4s or mmk3?
Which one does bass better?
Had the same question. Went with Mk3 based on comparing reviews, etc. Not disappointed.

Nov 25, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #395 of 696
I've been looking for a pair of IEMs that could do it all, and I think I've finally found them in the ThieAudio Monarch MK3. These IEMs are so good at reproducing a wide range of genres, from Buena Vista Social Club to Korn. They don't disappoint if your playlist has classic rock or Daft Punk on it either.

I'm not sure if any other IEMs under €1000 can do this. I think I've found my endgame because they're also outstanding for gaming and recreating the atmosphere in the most atmospheric games.
What source do you use?

Nov 27, 2023 at 6:47 AM Post #397 of 696
Putting it through paces rn and it sounds great out of all of them.Didn't like the stock silicones at all,smoothened the sound too much for my liking even if they fit like glove.Ordered the render tips that Zeos recommended in his video which will arrive in 2-3 weeks so will reserve judgement till then.
Would those be the same Render tips that Zeos has his name attached to? :xf_cool:

They look like a clone of the Symbio tips, they are OK but I never got on with them, too much of an "in-ear" feeling, too firm, for me. Comply or soft silicones work best for me.

Nov 27, 2023 at 10:15 PM Post #400 of 696
Hi! What daps have really good synergy with mk3’s?
Fiio M11 Plus

I have an Astell&Kern SP2000T on the way (my first) A&K).

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 4:30 AM Post #401 of 696
Just got my MK3s. Out of the box they sound pretty good. But I am sure they need some time to burn in.The stock foam eartips fit my ears perfectly. Isolation is pretty decent and comfort is very good.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 6:56 AM Post #402 of 696
I still cannot believe how good the Monarch MKIII sounds out of the DX312,like a Ca Atlas on steroids but more detailed and dynamic but equally engaging.To the point i had to relisten carefully my SP3000 with all my other gear to reaffirm that i didn't spent almost $4000 for nothing.Sure enough the Ultima 3000 (and the 1000M) sounds much better with Stellia,660S2,Andromeda S,Atlas,660S,SE846.

I don't know if it's the powerful and clean Amp of Ibasso or the Dac section gels so well with the tonality of Monarch but this is where it's gonna be glued from now on.Dream team!

Nov 30, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #403 of 696
After listening to MKIII continually for the past 2 days i have to say it sounds sublime with both DX312 and SP3000 with the latter being the more technical and calmer one whilst equally musical.Where the Ultima is noticeably better is the way it handles those EST drivers of MKIII.It provides all the detail,air and energy without being the least bit fatiguing.

The DX312 took me by surprise at first because of it's dramatic presentation which in part is cause of the exciting treble response it had with the Monarch but i have to admit it can be a bit too "spicy" and can tire you after 40-50 minutes depending ofc on your tolerance levels.Think of KFC hot wings,after eating 10-12 you will need a break along with 2 gallons of water:slight_smile:.

I would still buy it if i only had the ibasso because it does everything at a high level while being very musical but this is not a neutral presentation by any means and the source does play a role in the tonality as well as the treble response,which can be a bit on the edge for some.I can see where VSG from Techpoweup is coming from.You need to hear it with your source first unless you know you like spice in your music and not just your food.

Dec 3, 2023 at 8:24 AM Post #405 of 696
Sounds so good, looks so nice, amazing synergy. My personal "end game." :L3000:

Monarch MKIII ZX707 Eros S.jpg

MMK3 Pelican Case.jpg

MMK3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back