ThieAudio Monarch MKII Experience
Jun 13, 2023 at 8:05 AM Post #722 of 1,212
Usually Symbio W do the replay a bit V-shaped. I didn't like them on MMk2.
Best foam tips for MMk2 so far for me are Comply foams with the wide opening and w/o any protective mesh in it.
Stock tips are also pretty good just you need the right fit.

Jun 13, 2023 at 8:38 AM Post #723 of 1,212
Usually Symbio W do the replay a bit V-shaped. I didn't like them on MMk2.
Best foam tips for MMk2 so far for me are Comply foams with the wide opening and w/o any protective mesh in it.
Stock tips are also pretty good just you need the right fit.
thanks for your reply.

Jun 23, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #724 of 1,212
Can someone who owns a pair please help me out?
I took a look at mine the other day and saw that all the outer holes of the filter are closed, on both sides.
Now I am wondering if this is normal or if this is dirt from my ears. Could someone please check on their unit?
I always try to keep my ears clean, so that would be a bummer.
I don't really want to spend 200€ on some IEM vacuum cleaner to clean it.. Or is there a cheap alternative?
monarch.jpg

Jun 23, 2023 at 5:47 AM Post #725 of 1,212
I took a look at mine the other day and saw that all the outer holes of the filter are closed, on both sides.
Now I am wondering if this is normal or if this is dirt from my ears. Could someone please check on their unit?
I don't really want to spend 200€ on some IEM vacuum cleaner to clean it.. Or is there a cheap alternative?monarch.jpg
I bought mine a couple of weeks ago and they look the same. I think it's normal.

Jun 23, 2023 at 5:56 AM Post #726 of 1,212
I don't really want to spend 200€ on some IEM vacuum cleaner to clean it.. Or is there a cheap alternative?monarch.jpg
Plastic syringe with wide nozzle. But you need more hands or better plastic tube that you put around the iem nozzle and the syringe nozzle than pull back syringe piston. And dissemble clean, put together and pull back the piston ....

Jun 23, 2023 at 6:12 AM Post #727 of 1,212
Looks normal to me, but If your filters ever do get gunked up, you can always contact Thie directly and they will provide extra filters as well as a very nice pair of tweezers for around $10USD. Changing the filters is very easy. I did it to my pair

Jun 23, 2023 at 6:42 AM Post #728 of 1,212
Alright thank you! Then I'll leave it at that for now.
How did you change the filters? Can you just like unscrew them? I don't want to try and maybe break something now.

Jun 23, 2023 at 6:47 AM Post #729 of 1,212
Alright thank you! Then I'll leave it at that for now.
How did you change the filters? Can you just like unscrew them? I don't want to try and maybe break something no
It's understandable to be so nervous, I was too. I have experience changing the nozzle filters on cheaper IEMs which gave me some understanding and also practice doing it. If you have some cheaper sets laying around, to get over that concern you naturally have, give it a go on those. It's as easy as using a very sharp pair of tweezers to pry the filter off the nozzle opening and then place the new one in the same spot. I was surprised that it was the same process as a pair of $50 Tripowin Mele, but hey, that's chi-fi for ya.

Jun 23, 2023 at 7:19 AM Post #730 of 1,212
It doesnt look like a dirt to me, rather like some sort of an adherence to keep them in a nozzle. No need to clean them imo.

Jun 23, 2023 at 7:35 AM Post #731 of 1,212
Thats normal. Mine had outer holes closed right out of the box.

Jul 10, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #733 of 1,212
any list recommended replacement cables guyss? that probably increase the amount of sub bass or detail

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #734 of 1,212
any list recommended replacement cables guyss? that probably increase the amount of sub bass or detail
Switching from OEM can only improve ergonomic and esthetics, which is not a bad thing as original is quite thick and heavy.
Dunu has reasonably priced modular offerings.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #735 of 1,212
I would try out new ear tips or a different eq before the cable, it would be cheaper for you and will probably give you the sound you want. I’d try the Azla sednaearfit regular or short editions, they work well with the monarchs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back