ThieAudio Monarch MKII Experience
Nov 17, 2022 at 5:05 AM Post #211 of 1,203
I purchased the Monarch 2 almost 1 year ago and was overwhelmed by them. Then i changed the source from the IBasso dx320 to the Shanling M8 and didnt find this pairing attractive, so i sold them. I didnt even try other tips. And this was a mistake. Ive tried many iems and headphones meanwhile and there was always something missing. So i repurchased them from the same guy and im a lucky owner of them again since yesterday.
There isnt anything missing anymore. They are amazing. i just changed the cable to the more comfortable one (silver) and another tips.
The detail, the tuning, the soundstage are amazing. The timbre is one of the most natural ive heard to date. I really feel pitty for the people who dont hear them how i do.
They miss so much. These are a milestone in iem world, just like the u12t used to be back in time.
This is a real high end if you ask me, no question.

Hey. I just want to share with all that I am using my MMKII with the Qudelix 5k DAC-AMP via its balanced output and it is a superb portable pairing/combination. The Qudelix 5k plays to and highlights all of the MMKII's strengths in terms of the lows, mids, highs, soundstage, and imaging.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #212 of 1,203
Symbios were not as comfortable as the w1 in my ears. The latter are just so soft. Gonna order the sedans and report back. I didn't give enough time to really listen to the audio modulation but I didn't notice anything dramatic.
So far what works best for me are the AZLA XELASTIC as they sound closest to the stock tips, but for my ears are much more comfortable. The AZLA Sedna EarFit Crystal are also very good, but they have a wider bore than the stock tips, that in my case made the Monarch MkII more V shaped in its response. With the AZLA tips i was able to use the MS size and still get a good seal. With the stock tips I had no bass with the small tips. I ordered the S ALZA to see if those work. Both the AZLA tips provide excellent seals. The XELASTIC supposedly adjust to your ear with heat, not sure if that's marketing hype or truth, but they are very very comfortable and sound very much like the stock tips.

Nov 17, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #213 of 1,203
Xelastec 😉

Nov 17, 2022 at 10:05 PM Post #214 of 1,203
I didn't notice a big change in sound between w1 and the stock tips but I didn't do a real side by side comparison

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2022 at 10:48 PM Post #215 of 1,203
Guys which upgrade cable would you recommend for the Monarchs? I just tried the copper Mini Hulk from Dunu that came with the SA6 Ultra and the sound improved quite significantly. Everything gained more body and the whole picture became more vivid and even more real. But im selling the SA6 Ultra so cant use this cable.
I found that high quality copper works great with the Monarchs, if you want more body. If you want slightly more analytical character and bigger stage, then the silver is the way to go.

Nov 17, 2022 at 11:52 PM Post #216 of 1,203
I just want a lighter cable that doesn't have as much microphonics haha

Nov 18, 2022 at 12:23 AM Post #217 of 1,203
I didn't notice a big change in sound between w1 and the stock tips but I didn't do a real side by side comparison
I tend to agree. However, I do think that with the W1 eartips, the bass did get a little tighter and the overall sound became cleaner. These were the first things I felt after switching to the W1s. Not that the difference was huge, but it had enough presence to make me think of these two things right away.

For me, the comfort and fit of the W1s are what made an ENORMOUS difference, for the better of course.

Nov 18, 2022 at 1:10 AM Post #218 of 1,203
Guys which upgrade cable would you recommend for the Monarchs? I just tried the copper Mini Hulk from Dunu that came with the SA6 Ultra and the sound improved quite significantly. Everything gained more body and the whole picture became more vivid and even more real. But im selling the SA6 Ultra so cant use this cable.
I found that high quality copper works great with the Monarchs, if you want more body. If you want slightly more analytical character and bigger stage, then the silver is the way to go.
What is your budget ? 😉

A friend of mine use with success an Aaw Aoraki mk2.

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #221 of 1,203
Thanx! I was planning to spend not more than 250e so i will pass this one. But it looks amazing.
Hum... You should think about Artic Cables products 😉

I say that, I say nothing... 🙂😇

Nov 18, 2022 at 7:44 PM Post #222 of 1,203
Hum... You should think about Artic Cables products 😉

I say that, I say nothing... 🙂😇
Was thinking about something light and not too thick, like Moondrop Violet II or something cheaper but working well with the Monarchs like Effect audio Ares S.
Im not a hardcore cable believer and for me paying over 300 bucks for a cable is unnecessary expense. Thats what my experience tells me, but thanx for the suggestions!

Nov 18, 2022 at 11:23 PM Post #223 of 1,203
Yeah I'm not going to yuck anyone's yum but I don't really hear a difference personally. For me it's about comfort and microphonics. Sadly while the stock cable feels premium it is heavy and pulls on the IEMs.

Nov 18, 2022 at 11:45 PM Post #224 of 1,203
Was thinking about something light and not too thick, like Moondrop Violet II or something cheaper but working well with the Monarchs like Effect audio Ares S.
Im not a hardcore cable believer and for me paying over 300 bucks for a cable is unnecessary expense. Thats what my experience tells me, but thanx for the suggestions!
Hum... Penon should be a great choice. 😉

Maybe : the Mix (full copper and full silver). 😎

To bad you are not a "believer" (yes, it's a cult 😂😉), but the Osg cable would be a great choice imo... 🤔😉

But beware... You risk to become a cable believer. 😄

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back