ThieAudio Monarch MKII Experience
Nov 16, 2022 at 6:00 PM Post #196 of 1,203
Imao... (let's be diplomatic... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

The price reflects mainly marketing positions. Knowing that more and more, this hobby is part of the luxury world (marketing of rarity and exclusivity).

I take my personal case:

I currently have 3 main iem systems :

- Aure Audio Elixir (about 2000$ brand new) + Tricopper cable x 8 (about 1000$ brand new) = 3000$
- Aure Audio Ringo (about 1500$ brand new) + Aoraki cable x 4 (about 700$ brand new) = 2200$
- FiiO Fh9 + Stock cable pur silver litz x8 (about 500-600$ brand new) = 500-600$...

I think the FiiO is objectively the best. All criteria (sound, musical chops, technical chops, ergonomics, sturdyness, packaging, accessories...).

And worse, I consider the FiiO to be one of the best, if not the best, pair of iems I've ever had the pleasure to listen to (regardless of price and technology) and therefore to own.

Period. :sleepy:

But... not expensive enough... :sleepy: :beyersmile:
The Fiio fh9 are very bad IMHO. They have no sub bass extension, the mid bass bloats the mids, higher mids are shouty and there is no treble extention. They do almost everything wrong at least for me. Just my 12 cents.

Nov 16, 2022 at 7:02 PM Post #197 of 1,203
I’ve tried some tips on the monarch mk2.

The W1 ended up being hit and miss for me. It fits well, has a good seal but at times it just doesn’t seal at all. I think it’s my ear canal + w1 rotating weirdly in my ear.

Tried the Sedna earfit crystals, these were the most comfortable. Fit and seal is amazing. But, i did not like what it did to the bass. I think the bore size is too wide and sacrifices bass.

Tried the Symbio W tips today. Fit and seal is amazing, and it provides slightly more isolation than the others. In terms of sound, it does tighten the bass. Highs and mids does not sound altered to me. Closest sound to stock tips.

Symbios were not as comfortable as the w1 in my ears. The latter are just so soft. Gonna order the sedans and report back. I didn't give enough time to really listen to the audio modulation but I didn't notice anything dramatic.

Nov 17, 2022 at 12:28 AM Post #198 of 1,203
The Fiio fh9 are very bad IMHO. They have no sub bass extension, the mid bass bloats the mids, higher mids are shouty and there is no treble extention. They do almost everything wrong at least for me. Just my 12 cents.
Lol... 😂

Seriously... You sure it was the fh9 ?... Not a fake... 😁

Tips and dap plize ? 🤔 And filters ? Red (bass one) ? Black (balanced one) ? Or green (treble one)...

Honestly, I don't understand how you can obtain these results... Really...🧐

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2022 at 12:50 AM Post #199 of 1,203
I purchased the Monarchs 2 over half a year ago. Stright out of
Lol... 😂

Seriously... You sure it was the fh9 ?... Not a fake... 😁

Tips and dap plize ? 🤔 And filters ? Red (bass one) ? Black (balanced one) ? Or green (treble one)...

Honestly, I don't understand how you can obtain these results... Really...🧐
Bro, they are crap, trust me:) No tips or 1000 dol cable are going to save this joke.

Nov 17, 2022 at 1:07 AM Post #200 of 1,203
I purchased the Monarch 2 almost 1 year ago and was overwhelmed by them. Then i changed the source from the IBasso dx320 to the Shanling M8 and didnt find this pairing attractive, so i sold them. I didnt even try other tips. And this was a mistake. Ive tried many iems and headphones meanwhile and there was always something missing. So i repurchased them from the same guy and im a lucky owner of them again since yesterday.
There isnt anything missing anymore. They are amazing. i just changed the cable to the more comfortable one (silver) and another tips.
The detail, the tuning, the soundstage are amazing. The timbre is one of the most natural ive heard to date. I really feel pitty for the people who dont hear them how i do.
They miss so much. These are a milestone in iem world, just like the u12t used to be back in time.
This is a real high end if you ask me, no question.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2022 at 1:17 AM Post #201 of 1,203
I purchased the Monarch 2 almost 1 year ago and was overwhelmed by them. Then i changed the source from the IBasso dx320 to the Shanling M8 and didnt find this pairing attractive, so i sold them. I didnt even try other tips. And this was a mistake. Ive tried many iems and headphones meanwhile and there was always something missing. So i repurchased them from the same guy and im a lucky owner of them again since yesterday.
There isnt anything missing anymore. They are amazing. i just changed the cable to the more comfortable one (silver) and another tips.
The detail, the tuning, the soundstage are amazing. The timbre is one of the most natural ive heard to date. I really feel pitty for the people who dont hear them how i do.
They miss so much. These are a milestone in iem world, just like the u12t used to be back in time.
This is a real high end if you ask me, no question.
Why did you go from the x320 to the m8? Curious about the rationale.

Nov 17, 2022 at 1:32 AM Post #202 of 1,203
Why did you go from the x320 to the m8? Curious about the rationale.
I was Ibasso fan but couldnt take the farward midrange of a new IBasso players (dx300, 320). Just too aggressive for me. Ive had the Shanling M9 for some time and loved the tuning more but still it was too bright for my taste. So i sold everyting and went with the M8 as it was described as organic and warmish. Ive never been happier since then.
The M8 is fantastic. Now i can focus on trying iems/headphones. This is the most universal source ive ever had. Fantastic soundstage, very deep bass, very organic and analog sound signature. A real beauty. For me its the pinnacle of Shanlings portables.

Nov 17, 2022 at 1:37 AM Post #203 of 1,203
I purchased the Monarchs 2 over half a year ago. Stright out of

Bro, they are crap, trust me:) No tips or 1000 dol cable are going to save this joke.
This is not my question... 😇

And you are the very first person to state this. 😂

So ?

And which are your champs ?😉

Sorry, but are you talking here about fh9 or Monarch mk2 ? This is not clear... 🧐

Nov 17, 2022 at 1:38 AM Post #204 of 1,203
I got the Spinfit W1 and I love them with Oracle. I've tested more than 10+ different tips for Monarch MK2 and while I like some of them at times, I find myself reaching the stock tips at the end of the day every time.

I think the stock tips have the thickest stem to give better "authority" to the bass and imaging density. and I find 1 size larger gives a better seal and thus better spatial image. everything is properly centered.

I think our brains like the mini changes to the frequency response when we switch to new ear tips and thought them to be "better".

Nov 17, 2022 at 1:50 AM Post #205 of 1,203
This is not my question... 😇

And you are the very first person to state this. 😂

So ?

And which are your champs ?😉

Sorry, but are you talking here about fh9 or Monarch mk2 ? This is not clear... 🧐
My post was interrupted, dont know why.
I didnt mean to offened you. We are talking iems, not personal stuff:)
I meant the Fh9 are crap and they are, sorry. If you have them, just sell and forget:) Its just my advice.
We are talking the Monarchs 2 here which are one of the best iems ever created. just go for them or just try to audition them.
I know that this is a personal thing, but the Fh9 are so far from the quality that i felt i needed to mention them. When i tried them, i was disgusted. A horrible tuning fo me at least.

Nov 17, 2022 at 2:01 AM Post #206 of 1,203
We are talking iems, not personal stuff
this. sometimes people are just too invested in their material lives. and worst, emotionally. it feels like we can't discuss or argue without hurting each other's feelings. I had many experiences like this with close friends of mine. I mean, it's just a product, not your physical appearance.

Nov 17, 2022 at 4:03 AM Post #207 of 1,203
My post was interrupted, dont know why.
I didnt mean to offened you. We are talking iems, not personal stuff:)
I meant the Fh9 are crap and they are, sorry. If you have them, just sell and forget:) Its just my advice.
We are talking the Monarchs 2 here which are one of the best iems ever created. just go for them or just try to audition them.
I know that this is a personal thing, but the Fh9 are so far from the quality that i felt i needed to mention them. When i tried them, i was disgusted. A horrible tuning fo me at least.
Ok, no problem at all,
All tastes and disgusts are in nature... :beerchug:

Totally disagree with your statement and I don't really see how you come to your conclusions, but hey, they're your ears, not mine (thank God! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

So your champs are the Monarch mk 2, if I understood correctly? :beyersmile:

I have a buddy of mine who owns the Monarch mk2. They are in my list of products I want to listen to.

I have an another buddy who listened to them and found them relatively (I mean relatively) average. Compared to the Aure Ringo's, not to mention them, which are also my reference uiems, ever.

So to be continued... :L3000:

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2022 at 4:34 AM Post #208 of 1,203
Nov 17, 2022 at 5:04 AM Post #210 of 1,203
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back