ThieAudio Legacy 9
May 23, 2020 at 9:12 PM Post #526 of 689
:fingers_crossed: hopefully the bass improves for you after some burn-in time.
indeed I'm hoping so too
That's a real shame. They got so close. I think for those who like that bass presentation that's a gift, but for us who expected a more refined/balanced presentation that was almost there.

I was wondering the same thing. Make the L3 bass and mids quantity with better resolution and with the highs of the L9 and you had a almost perfect set. Such high expectations I had with this these.
Even BGGAR seems to like the tuning presentation of the L3 more.
I agree pal. it just so happens I've heard the legend x before a few times and if you like that I honestly think in comparison this is quite a bit better. if either you love a warm signature or all you listen too is hip hop, edm or pop music you will not get a better iem at the price. it also has a fantastic ability to replay live recordings or concerts like your In front row right in front of the subs 😂 (e.g red bull symphonic camp and crooked loving you is easy). this is such a difficult one because it's so technically capable with fantastic resolution reaching right up high, natural sounding mids but it just takes your attention away from all that brilliance with I believe 3-4 db too much sub. as I stress this iem performs against iems double it's cost but you need to love that overly warm signature and loose head rattling bass when the song calls for it.
Here’s one inexpensive option. TRN T3 silver cable. I like it a lot.

I have this cable I was going to give it a few more hours burn in then do some cable swapping and tip swapping got a feeling symbio wide bore tips are going to be good with this as i believe there great for settling down the bass along side a silver cable. but we will see when I try it :)

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 9:58 PM Post #527 of 689
I have this cable I was going to give it a few more hours burn in then do some cable swapping and tip swapping got a feeling symbio wide bore tips are going to be good with this as i believe there great for settling down the bass along side a silver cable. but we will see when I try it :)

Yeah, I imagine using a silver cable and wide bore tips would help. I really like the L3 with Sedna Earfits. Whenever you have a chance, would you mind sharing a couple pics, since each IEM shell is a work of art?

May 23, 2020 at 10:53 PM Post #528 of 689
Settling on my peeled symbio W for tips. The cheapos I got from Amazon are nothing to write about, they are serviceable. The Symbios tighten the bass. The non peeled version sound better but they hurt my ears so the peeled ones will do for now.
As for cable, I don't have a high quality silver cable, yet but I did try 2 higher end cables that I own and like them more than the stock cable. The nicehck gold/brown sounds really nice but it tangles like crazy. My CEMA UPOCC pure copper has an increased bass over the nicehck but it is a very clean cable and because it is a 4 core, the ergonomics are second to none.
Test song : Bird Watching by Justnormal in Ultra HD on my Shanling M6. This song has treble extension, big bass. Perfect test song. At least 4 listenings per condition...
Very satisfied with the L9. 20200523_192704.jpg20200523_192744.jpg20200523_195122.jpg20200523_195138.jpg

May 23, 2020 at 11:00 PM Post #529 of 689
Yeah, I imagine using a silver cable and wide bore tips would help. I really like the L3 with Sedna Earfits. Whenever you have a chance, would you mind sharing a couple pics, since each IEM shell is a work of art?
of course but I ordered mine before the spalted maple came out so mines not much of a work of art as the others unfortunately I just wasn't patient enough. they also told me the shell would be same as faceplate but was it **** that really annoyed me so wanted to swap it but D-d audio are ignoring me lol. wouldn't of been an issue if It was a cheaper iem.

Attachments

• 20200524_035051.jpg
    20200524_035051.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20200524_035715.jpg
    20200524_035715.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
May 23, 2020 at 11:08 PM Post #530 of 689
of course but I ordered mine before the spalted maple came out so mines not much of a work of art as the others unfortunately I just wasn't patient enough. they also told me the shell would be same as faceplate but was it **** that really annoyed me so wanted to swap it but D-d audio are ignoring me lol. wouldn't of been an issue if It was a cheaper iem.
Your opinion is all that matters, but FWIW, I think they look awesome! I think they look really good with the black shells. Perhaps if the whole IEM had that abalone design, it might look too busy.

May 24, 2020 at 12:04 AM Post #532 of 689
When you EQ the 20-250hz range by 3 dB, it becomes a whole different beast. Or a tamed beast rather. Now I feel like I have two iems haha.

May 24, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #535 of 689
I mean -3 dB haha, but to be honest, I think I need to be honest with myself and call me for who I am, a basshead.
No shame in that. It’s a great time to be a basshead, with so many high quality and quite balanced bassy IEMs on the market now.

May 24, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #536 of 689
just putting feelers out seeing if anyone would be interested in buying my l9 ? I'll ship to UK easily ,, or Europe for a bit extra. as there not the maple everyone's im after quite happy at the 400 quid mark? they still look epic like

May 25, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #539 of 689
just putting feelers out seeing if anyone would be interested in buying my l9 ? I'll ship to UK easily ,, or Europe for a bit extra. as there not the maple everyone's im after quite happy at the 400 quid mark? they still look epic like
Sorry that they didn‘t work out for you.

If you’re wanting a more balanced hybrid IEM, of course there is the L3, which I REALLY like, but perhaps the Moondrop Blessing 2 is what you’re looking for. Though reportedly the bass is very good, but a little too low in quantity.

May 25, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #540 of 689
Sorry that they didn‘t work out for you.

If you’re wanting a more balanced hybrid IEM, of course there is the L3, which I REALLY like, but perhaps the Moondrop Blessing 2 is what you’re looking for. Though reportedly the bass is very good, but a little too low in quantity.

cheers pal believe it or not even after my obvious dislike at the signature or I'm not selling for the sound because there honestly insane I wanted to give em much more burn in and was Guna say in my later write up with pure silver and wide bore symbios they sound like a different iem all together with that bass tamed at least 2 db and tighter all around.
I'm genuinly only selling because I have tiny tiny ears like alien ears and they just don't fit me at all and no tip makes it any different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back