ThieAudio Legacy 9
May 20, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #496 of 689
I've changed my mind about the L9. After a solid week of listening I am no longer selling them. They are very musical. Very satisfying and visceral. Yes there is a nice amount of bass. But everything else is well done and soundstage and separation are excellent.

I'm comparing them w my Sony iem z1r after Sony are burned in for 100 hrs. May keep both. Tbd
Please can you tell me a little bit about the vocals ( male/female ) quality and positioning in the presentation , i am a mids/vocals lover but like some nice quality/quantity bass in my music listening but not on the bassheads level , do you think L9 is a good all-rounder , is the mids/vocals are effected by the bass or all the three frequencies are well separated , thanks .

May 20, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #497 of 689
Please can you tell me a little bit about the vocals ( male/female ) quality and positioning in the presentation , i am a mids/vocals lover but like some nice quality/quantity bass in my music listening but not on the bassheads level , do you think L9 is a good all-rounder , is the mids/vocals are effected by the bass or all the three frequencies are well separated , thanks .

I don’t know about the L9, but the L3 has great sounding mids, that don’t seem recessed to me, and the prominence/positioning of male and female vocals sounds similar. They are a little more on the intimate side, but the soundstage as a whole is quite wide. Good depth and height to the soundstage as well. The bass quality is good, and there is a good quantity of bass, but not at all like the L9s reportedly.

I would like to know about the L9s as well.

May 20, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #499 of 689
I don’t know about the L9, but the L3 has great sounding mids, that don’t seem recessed to me, and the prominence/positioning of male and female vocals sounds similar. They are a little more on the intimate side, but the soundstage as a whole is quite wide. Good depth and height to the soundstage as well. The bass quality is good, and there is a good quantity of bass, but not at all like the L9s reportedly.

I would like to know about the L9s as well.
I heartily appreciate your help and it's looks like the L3 is something i will like as my music preferences in a more budget package but i am interested in the L9 to get a more premium sounding so i will wait to get a answer from the @Doctordoom16 or someone good guy like you to help me about my questions to take a better decision ,
Thanks again bro .

May 20, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #501 of 689
May 20, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #503 of 689
I’m using the fearless tips too. It’s the best fitting and sounding IEM that I have in my possession
Just to clarify, your L9 or your Fearless IEMs?

May 20, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #504 of 689
Got them in, so far impressed.
L9glamour.jpg
l9hangers.jpg

May 20, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #505 of 689
Wow, those L9s look awesome! Nice pics.

May 20, 2020 at 7:56 PM Post #507 of 689
First impression notes from a short a/b:
About me:
Love the sound of the bass guitar, I need that treble energy to make things sound entertaining for me. Typically listen to female vocalists.

+
There's a lot of treble energy such as fret-buzz, string plucking, and most notably cymbals that are full of life that makes the Solaris cymbals feel veiled.
This feels more like a W shaped IEM, rather than a strict v. Imagine a U shaped IEM that extends LOW LOW LOW but also HIGH HIGH HIGH, with forward mids for females vocalists.
I absolutely love the sounds of the electric guitar on these as well as cymbals.
Acoustic guitar sound even better.
Sub-bass is full of texture and rumble.
Sub-bass never bleeds into the other frequencies, great separation between sub-bass and everything else.
Drums are excellent. I'm hearing ghost notes I haven't heard before.
Mids and Highs are as detailed or more detailed as the Solaris
-
Male vocalist can get a little diluted with the bass guitar but only if the bass guitar was already brought a little forward than the usual recording.
Low-end is notably slower than the Solaris, slaps on the bass guitar so far feel like they slap harder on the Solaris. I think this either has to do with the driver being slower on the attack or that the Mids and Highs push the bass guitar back. This is probably the weakest point of the L9, mid-bass (bass guitar) needs a bit of refinement but I'm also comparing it to a $1500 IEM. It feels instead of the mid-bass bleeding into the mids, the mids are bleeding into the mid-bass?
Solaris Low-end is more detailed.

Subjective:
L9 has about the same depth as the Solaris, but notably narrower than the Solaris.
L9 has intimate rich vocals, imagine if the vocalist's microphone is plugged straight into your brain (notably more so with female vocalists, male vocals are a bit less intimate).
Solaris has a much more natural presentation, it does a good job of taking whatever you are listening to and create its own space for you.
L9 sounds like you are in the studio listening on the other side of the window. Solaris sounds like you are in the front row seats in a live performance.

Last edited:
May 21, 2020 at 1:51 AM Post #508 of 689
My pair came yesterday. Beautiful craftmanship.
First impression is very Nice. Exactly what i was hoping for. A warmer sounding Audiosense T 800. Going to let en burn in for a while before critical listening.
Good to start hearing a few positive things about these guys. Was starting to wonder if they'd just hit BGGAR particularly well and no one else seemed to like them. I'm still waiting to pull the trigger, but a few more positive impressions and I might be ready. They'd be my first +$300 IEM :xf_eek:

May 22, 2020 at 12:38 AM Post #510 of 689
First impression notes from a short a/b:
About me:
Love the sound of the bass guitar, I need that treble energy to make things sound entertaining for me. Typically listen to female vocalists.

+
There's a lot of treble energy such as fret-buzz, string plucking, and most notably cymbals that are full of life that makes the Solaris cymbals feel veiled.
This feels more like a W shaped IEM, rather than a strict v. Imagine a U shaped IEM that extends LOW LOW LOW but also HIGH HIGH HIGH, with forward mids for females vocalists.
I absolutely love the sounds of the electric guitar on these as well as cymbals.
Acoustic guitar sound even better.
Sub-bass is full of texture and rumble.
Sub-bass never bleeds into the other frequencies, great separation between sub-bass and everything else.
Drums are excellent. I'm hearing ghost notes I haven't heard before.
Mids and Highs are as detailed or more detailed as the Solaris
-
Male vocalist can get a little diluted with the bass guitar but only if the bass guitar was already brought a little forward than the usual recording.
Low-end is notably slower than the Solaris, slaps on the bass guitar so far feel like they slap harder on the Solaris. I think this either has to do with the driver being slower on the attack or that the Mids and Highs push the bass guitar back. This is probably the weakest point of the L9, mid-bass (bass guitar) needs a bit of refinement but I'm also comparing it to a $1500 IEM. It feels instead of the mid-bass bleeding into the mids, the mids are bleeding into the mid-bass?
Solaris Low-end is more detailed.

Subjective:
L9 has about the same depth as the Solaris, but notably narrower than the Solaris.
L9 has intimate rich vocals, imagine if the vocalist's microphone is plugged straight into your brain (notably more so with female vocalists, male vocals are a bit less intimate).
Solaris has a much more natural presentation, it does a good job of taking whatever you are listening to and create its own space for you.
L9 sounds like you are in the studio listening on the other side of the window. Solaris sounds like you are in the front row seats in a live performance.

thanks for sharing. did the sound improve after your first listen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back