ThieAudio Legacy 9
Jun 11, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #586 of 689
My ears hurt from playing the L9 too loudly (not more loud than with my other IEMs). I’m surprised since this is a vented design. However, when I took a close look at the vents, they appear to be closed with an off white substance ... maybe it’s a very fine screen. Can someone confirm this is the way it’s supposed to be?

Jun 11, 2020 at 9:49 PM Post #588 of 689
My ears hurt from playing the L9 too loudly (not more loud than with my other IEMs). I’m surprised since this is a vented design. However, when I took a close look at the vents, they appear to be closed with an off white substance ... maybe it’s a very fine screen. Can someone confirm this is the way it’s supposed to be?
It's common practice to design dd vents with air permeable filters. It tunes the bass depending on how freely air flows or is restricted.

Though I can't check one against yours, I can safely say this is par for the course in earphone vent design.

Jun 12, 2020 at 3:07 AM Post #589 of 689

On mine:
The left one has black mesh in the vent and the right one has grey mesh. I can see inside through the black mesh. The grey mesh is installed slightly wavy (seems weird).

Jun 12, 2020 at 7:07 AM Post #590 of 689
Ordered a fiio m11 Pro in preperation for the L9 when out and about 😎

Hopefully they're a good match

I ordered the Hiby R6 Pro because I sold my DX160. Sound on DX160 was awesome but battery and wifi noise sucked. L9 sounds good on the Fiio BTR5. I'd be surprised if I hear DAP/DAC differences but most write that Fiio is a bit more neutral and detailed. M11 Pro has low output impedance so should be good. If the Hiby sounds weird I will probably return to DX160 because it sounded so good.

Jun 12, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #591 of 689
On mine:
The left one has black mesh in the vent and the right one has grey mesh. I can see inside through the black mesh. The grey mesh is installed slightly wavy (seems weird).

Thank you for your reply. I was afraid that the vents on mine were accidentally filled in with lacquer because of the pressure in my ears. I’m continuing the burn-in process and giving my ears a breather, the bass on the L9 is intense at times, much more so than the i99.

Jun 12, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #592 of 689
Dx160 rules as long as your screen is off and you're not using WiFi.

Otherwise the interference can be a slight issue

I love.mine for its form factor and sound quality. Hard to beat the line out quality as well.

Jun 12, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #593 of 689
Thank you for your reply. I was afraid that the vents on mine were accidentally filled in with lacquer because of the pressure in my ears. I’m continuing the burn-in process and giving my ears a breather, the bass on the L9 is intense at times, much more so than the i99.

Oh yeah I get tired too because the L9 is quite intense. I would have thought that the i99 shakes a little more in the bass department. How is the perceived soundstage on the i99? Everything far away like the L9?

Dx160 rules as long as your screen is off and you're not using WiFi.

Otherwise the interference can be a slight issue

I love.mine for its form factor and sound quality. Hard to beat the line out quality as well.

I would have kept it if Wifi was no problem (interference and range). I had the 2019 version, so I eventually will try out the 2020 version to see if they fixed it. I am looking forward to the quick charge of the Hiby R6 Pro + system wide eq.

Jun 12, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #594 of 689
For you guys who thinks the bass is a bit intense at times on the L9. Try the foams that came in the box. To me,the foams brings out the mids more and makes the bass a little less thick.
To me the difference is pretty drastic compared to silicones. Just a tip...

Jun 12, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #595 of 689
Ordered a fiio m11 Pro in preperation for the L9 when out and about 😎

Hopefully they're a good match

I'm using mine exclusively with my M11 Pro and have no issues.

IMG_7374.JPG

Jun 12, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #596 of 689
Jun 12, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #597 of 689
I'm using mine exclusively with my M11 Pro and have no issues.

IMG_7374.JPG
Goddamn that's is nice!!

Is that the spalted maple blue + red?
I've asked for a 4.4mm cable, is your one the stock cable? I'll need to find a right angle adaptor as it'll be in my pocket a lot and I feel this lowers the stress on the socket a lot.

Jun 12, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #598 of 689
Goddamn that's is nice!!

Is that the spalted maple blue + red?
I've asked for a 4.4mm cable, is your one the stock cable? I'll need to find a right angle adaptor as it'll be in my pocket a lot and I feel this lowers the stress on the socket a lot.

It's spalted maple Blue/Red on one side and Blue on the other. That is not stock cable. I'm using a 4.4mm Cema OCC Copper 8 core.

Here is the link. They also offer a more affordable 4 core:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000007909452.html?spm=a2g0o.store_home.productList_48890756.pic_5

Jun 12, 2020 at 11:33 PM Post #599 of 689
Nice @zalepam , although theres not much blue in that blue/red side, hopefully the ones I get have more of a color balance.

Appreciate the link for the cable too, I may look at something like that once i get mine if I feel the need . Its unfortunate Linsound cannot make me a cable with a right angle adaptor, but confirmed they will supply a 4.4mm cable so thats something :)

Jun 13, 2020 at 1:39 AM Post #600 of 689
Nice @zalepam , although theres not much blue in that blue/red side, hopefully the ones I get have more of a color balance.

Appreciate the link for the cable too, I may look at something like that once i get mine if I feel the need . Its unfortunate Linsound cannot make me a cable with a right angle adaptor, but confirmed they will supply a 4.4mm cable so thats something :)

During my 6 week waiting time I reminded them 3 times to send a 4.4mm balanced and they still sent me a 3.5mm.

The right angle adaptor on my DUNU cable is perfect but it's MMCX.

IMG_7379.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back