ThieAudio Legacy 9
Jun 14, 2020 at 9:06 PM Post #616 of 689
@Yogibear91 thanks for the great review!!

I'm an EDM basshead, in particular DnB so your review excites me quite a lot. I also have an iFi xDSD which is similar to the xCan, so looking forward to trying it with that as well as with some others.

Will look into wide bore tips and replacement cable once they arrive, hopefully they ship sometime soon. Fingers crossed!

also noisia and feed me hit so hard and synths was so clear ye you will love it

Jun 14, 2020 at 9:27 PM Post #617 of 689
no problem thank you for taking your time out your day to read it. you will definitely enjoy it. Netskys first album sounded insane through these , especially secret agent I was actually laughing i was that floored by the playback!
I need to figure out where to get that kind of music in high res formats and not just tidal streaming! I'm only just starting to build an offline library

Jun 15, 2020 at 5:45 AM Post #618 of 689
no problem thank you for taking your time out your day to read it. you will definitely enjoy it. Netskys first album sounded insane through these , especially secret agent I was actually laughing i was that floored by the playback!

Great review. the xCAN is not that expensive especially when purchasing the L9.
I actually have the Symbio W tips too but I somehow settled on xcessor silicone.
Just ordered the X2HR on your rec because I love the L9 so much.

I could actually pick up the Voyager 14 for 800$ but I dont know if I would enjoy them more than L9.

Jun 15, 2020 at 8:22 AM Post #619 of 689
I'm sad to report that the Hiby R6 Pro does not pair that well with the L9. The added weight in the bass and mids is more suited for neutral IEMs. I much prefer iBasso or FIIO players for the L9. Take this all subjective. I am using the L9 single ended.
The Tin P1 plays quite well with the R6 Pro (balanced).

As with the DX160, the R6 Pro has wifi interference on 2,4 ghz Wifi but seems to play fine with 5 ghz. This is only noticeable on <20 ohm and sensitive IEMs like L9. Additionally I experienced clicks when switching between different bitrate tracks. The EQ and MSEB did not work in Tidal. Wifi range is not as good as smartphone but its okay.

Jun 15, 2020 at 8:28 AM Post #620 of 689
if you want

I'm in same boat ordered on 5th of April still not given to DHL. so end of this week ima ask for a refund as at the beginning they said 1/2 weeks then it was another 2 now it's different excuses. I understand the world's in a bit of chaos but I feel like I've given ample time for them to at least be shipped.
you ordered at linsoul? i had a similar story with them...

Jun 15, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #622 of 689
I ordered at linsoul too, they didn't mention any delay, then I chatted with Stephen who advised "a week or so", and any time I mention it now via email they simply ignore me... :/ not good!! Once it's been three weeks I'll be asking for a refund
at my order they had 3 different excuses .. in the end my tone got more rough , and they said its not even in stock after 3 month of waiting time! no word from that in the first 3-5 replys... that its not even in stock

Jun 15, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #623 of 689
I ordered at linsoul too, they didn't mention any delay, then I chatted with Stephen who advised "a week or so", and any time I mention it now via email they simply ignore me... :/ not good!! Once it's been three weeks I'll be asking for a refund

I waited 6 weeks for mine to be shipped. They kept telling me wait 1 more week throughout the process. You should just resign yourself that is going to take awhile.

Jun 16, 2020 at 4:25 AM Post #625 of 689
Linsoul have sent me these pictures of mine.

The color choice is spalted maple red + blue, to be honest I'm not the happiest as they're a far cry from the stock images they've used on their website, and I really don't see any blue in them at all, so I've asked for clarification.

Exciting though!

Attachments

• 0454cc43e7a2218cd3e56801fc88e6a.jpg
    0454cc43e7a2218cd3e56801fc88e6a.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 0
  • d30dd1c8e036088a63206075f368f96.jpg
    d30dd1c8e036088a63206075f368f96.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 12:19 AM Post #626 of 689
Linsoul have sent me these pictures of mine.

The color choice is spalted maple red + blue, to be honest I'm not the happiest as they're a far cry from the stock images they've used on their website, and I really don't see any blue in them at all, so I've asked for clarification.

Exciting though!

They look nice, but from the pictures it has more of a brownish, orangish color scheme. Still, quite beautiful.

In my view, the L9’s bass gets tighter with some extended play time. The sub-bass can get crazy sounding out of the box!

The L9, for me, is a fussy earphone. Maybe it’s just my ear anatomy, but I have to play with the fit way more than the other IEMs in my collection in order to get them to sound right to me. I must have tried a dozen or more tips from my collection, and I’m still not settled on which is the best for sound/comfort. One other item of note, the cable cinch on mine has sharp edges inside which grabs the cable and cuts into it. If the cinch was just a tad bit larger, this problem wouldn’t arise since it would slide much smoother along the cable.

I hope you end up being happy with your purchase!

Jun 17, 2020 at 12:38 AM Post #627 of 689
They look nice, but from the pictures it has more of a brownish, orangish color scheme. Still, quite beautiful.

In my view, the L9’s bass gets tighter with some extended play time. The sub-bass can get crazy sounding out of the box!

The L9, for me, is a fussy earphone. Maybe it’s just my ear anatomy, but I have to play with the fit way more than the other IEMs in my collection in order to get them to sound right to me. I must have tried a dozen or more tips from my collection, and I’m still not settled on which is the best for sound/comfort. One other item of note, the cable cinch on mine has sharp edges inside which grabs the cable and cuts into it. If the cinch was just a tad bit larger, this problem wouldn’t arise since it would slide much smoother along the cable.

I hope you end up being happy with your purchase!
It is quite nice but not what I'm looking for, so let's see if they'll remake them for me with a better result . Blue should have in it, and it's miles from their stock images.

At least they're onto my order :)

Jun 21, 2020 at 1:32 AM Post #628 of 689
Deleted

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2020 at 8:16 AM Post #629 of 689
Great review. the xCAN is not that expensive especially when purchasing the L9.
I actually have the Symbio W tips too but I somehow settled on xcessor silicone.
Just ordered the X2HR on your rec because I love the L9 so much.

I could actually pick up the Voyager 14 for 800$ but I dont know if I would enjoy them more than L9.
how you finding the x2's pal? remember a lint roller for the pads there dust magnets. 😂 I was tempted by the v14 too but I now struggle to think of how much improvement from the the l9 there can be especially with BA bass

Jun 25, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #630 of 689
how you finding the x2's pal? remember a lint roller for the pads there dust magnets. 😂 I was tempted by the v14 too but I now struggle to think of how much improvement from the the l9 there can be especially with BA bass

They're pretty good, especially for the price. The L9 have more bass though :L3000: Maybe I need thinner pads. I am so happy with the L9 but the V14 is tempting...

I also ordered the M11 Pro to compare with the DX160. The DX160 2020 still has some minor wifi interference but I think its less than my 2019 version. I will test this again since I am not at my usual wifi place.
The sound with the DX160 is absolutely amazing. I tried several other players and dongles, but I somehow love the neutral presentation of the DX160.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back