THIEAUDIO ELIXIR UNIVERSAL IN EAR
Jun 8, 2022 at 8:09 AM Post #106 of 139
Since moving on to using a Qudelix 5k from my old phone jack my Aria's have started to sound quite fatiguing at higher volume levels, do you guys think the Elixir would be an improvement, what I really want is something smoother/warmer sound but not v-shaped, a linear warm sounding iem if such should exist.

edit -

I'd prefer not to use EQ.
Elixir is right up your alley.

Jun 8, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #107 of 139
Jun 8, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #108 of 139
FYI I listed my just-opened set here, some some money off MSRP with free shipping to CONUS if anyone wants to avoid the 10-15 days lead time from Linsoul plus shipping from China. Great IEM, there are just too many good single-DDs in the price range right now and I'm looking to get into some planars insteads for a change of pace.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #109 of 139
In the meantime I'm continuing to tip-roll, and man, I thought the Penon Serial was tip-dependant, but the Elixir is even more so! Insertion depth and bore size make a huge difference, especially around 7-8K: shallow fits and wide bores tend to mute that area quite a bit. I'm finding SpinFit CP-145s of all things to mitigate that lower treble dip the best.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2022 at 2:21 AM Post #110 of 139
Jun 10, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #111 of 139
Mine came today (ordered Monday [edit: took 4 days, I’m in New York] from Linsoul via Amazon [I hate to admit]). I’ve not seen this mentioned anywhere. So, mine came with 3 different nozzle filters (like you get with Moondrop’s Variations). 2 sets of normal grill type (like the Clairvoyance have) as well as 2 sets of fine wire mesh and 2 sets that look like white paper. But no tweezers or anything for applying them. Does anyone know what exactly each is supposed to do to the frequency response? I’ve not seen anything mentioned about these filters anywhere.

And, incase this is helpful to anyone, the included silicone tips aren’t secure for me. The Spinfit CP 100s and 360s I have on hand either have to be inserted ALL the way or the shell won’t come close to touching the ear. Normally I only have the dome inserted (which works fine with my Clairvoyance) but with these,… *see previous sentence*. For now that’s fine, they are plenty secure, but I’m going to have to get the shortest TWS tips I can find at some point.

Edit: I guess I should add that so far (after ~1 hour) I appear to like their tuning, nothing pops out for better or worse compared to the Clairvoyance (except less bass, which is a plus). I haven't a/b’ed them (last time I listened to the Clair’s was last night) but I’ve been listening to the Clair’s ~8 hours a day for a couple months. This is barely worth mentioning as I am in no way an experienced IEM listener, my collection is limited to the Elixirs, Clairvoyance and Tin HiFi T4 (the Elixirs are, surprise, surprise, much closer to the Clair’s than T4s in ever way sound and technicality wise). I’m just a car/home audio guy who recently discovered the joy of portable audio.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2022 at 6:59 PM Post #112 of 139
I gotta admit that the Elixir is growing on me with some brain burn-in. The smooth/safe treble is the main sticking point for me, but it manages to be well detailed even so.

Jun 10, 2022 at 9:36 PM Post #113 of 139
Yes, it may actually be one of a kind. Meaning later on your brain stops associating the Elixir with older IEMs you have heard, and it starts to emerge totally unique. My goal today is to roll amps and cables and see if any (more) individualistic character comes to the surface.
I gotta admit that the Elixir is growing on me with some brain burn-in. The smooth/safe treble is the main sticking point for me, but it manages to be well detailed even so.

Jun 14, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #114 of 139
Mine came today (ordered Monday [edit: took 4 days, I’m in New York] from Linsoul via Amazon [I hate to admit]). I’ve not seen this mentioned anywhere. So, mine came with 3 different nozzle filters (like you get with Moondrop’s Variations). 2 sets of normal grill type (like the Clairvoyance have) as well as 2 sets of fine wire mesh and 2 sets that look like white paper. But no tweezers or anything for applying them. Does anyone know what exactly each is supposed to do to the frequency response? I’ve not seen anything mentioned about these filters anywhere.

And, incase this is helpful to anyone, the included silicone tips aren’t secure for me. The Spinfit CP 100s and 360s I have on hand either have to be inserted ALL the way or the shell won’t come close to touching the ear. Normally I only have the dome inserted (which works fine with my Clairvoyance) but with these,… *see previous sentence*. For now that’s fine, they are plenty secure, but I’m going to have to get the shortest TWS tips I can find at some point.

Edit: I guess I should add that so far (after ~1 hour) I appear to like their tuning, nothing pops out for better or worse compared to the Clairvoyance (except less bass, which is a plus). I haven't a/b’ed them (last time I listened to the Clair’s was last night) but I’ve been listening to the Clair’s ~8 hours a day for a couple months. This is barely worth mentioning as I am in no way an experienced IEM listener, my collection is limited to the Elixirs, Clairvoyance and Tin HiFi T4 (the Elixirs are, surprise, surprise, much closer to the Clair’s than T4s in ever way sound and technicality wise). I’m just a car/home audio guy who recently discovered the joy of portable audio.
I received tuning filters as well. I could not locate anything in the included paperwork that discussed the filters and their intent. (Yes, I know they are tuning filters, but why did Thieaudio feel the need to include them?) Anyone know?

Jun 14, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #115 of 139
I received tuning filters as well. I could not locate anything in the included paperwork that discussed the filters and their intent. (Yes, I know they are tuning filters, but why did Thieaudio feel the need to include them?) Anyone know?
They’re spares in case the installed ones get clogged, damaged etc.

Jun 15, 2022 at 10:28 AM Post #116 of 139
They’re spares in case the installed ones get clogged, damaged etc.
I understand including spares. What I’m curious about is why there are three different types of filters. Yes, they are to change the tuning. But how does the tuning change by type of filter? I was hoping someone on this thread either knows from the source (Thieaudio) or is smarter than me and figured out the different filters.

Edit: Though it was in the post I replied to, I did not specifically state the extra filters come in three different varieties: 1) Original metal screens, 2) possibly filters used on Tanya O2, 3) some kind of white filter.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2022 at 10:41 AM Post #117 of 139
I understand including spares. What I’m curious about is why there are three different types of filters. Yes, they are to change the tuning. But how does the tuning change by type of filter? I was hoping someone on this thread either knows from the source (Thieaudio) or is smarter than me and figured out the different filters.

Edit: Though it was in the post I replied to, I did not specifically state the extra filters come in three different varieties: 1) Original metal screens, 2) possibly filters used on Tanya O2, 3) some kind of white filter.
My set only included spare screens and filters (double sided white on one side black on the other).

Jun 21, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #118 of 139
Interesting. These are what came with mine:
3F6FF539-64EB-4C9C-B936-F4811C02F850.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #119 of 139
For whatever it’s worth going back to the Clairvoyance after listening to only these for a few day I seriously counted drivers/sound tubes to make sure I didn’t somehow end up with mislabeled Oracles. Spoiler; I didn’t. I know the tunings are almost identical (which is why I bought the Elixirs) but, at least for someone with my ears/brain, I’m not hearing anything that would make me think the Clairvoyance are with 3.5 times the cost of the Elixirs. I would be very interested to see a comparison review between the two by someone who has better trained ears than I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back