THIEAUDIO ELIXIR UNIVERSAL IN EAR
Jul 1, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #124 of 138
Last edited:
Jul 1, 2022 at 7:05 PM Post #125 of 138
The Elixir is pretty much right up my alley. The treble is where you can hear the carbon driver sound, but it's pretty tame all things considered. The KATO might be slightly more technically proficient but I much prefer the tuning of the Elixir. Fit-wise, I'm a bit more mixed with the IEM. Still, I think it pairs well with the RU6. So much analog-ish goodness.

Jul 10, 2022 at 4:27 AM Post #126 of 138
The ThieAudio Elixir IEM is what we are looking at today on Headfonia! An article by @Aerosphere

https://www.headfonia.com/thieaudio-elixir-review/

thieaudio-elixir-1.jpg

Jul 11, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #127 of 138
Anyone that has issues with Elixir should try KBear 07 eartips before selling. Its game changing

Jul 13, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #129 of 138
By issues, do you mean fit issues? And if so, how do these ear tips solve them?
It's for the sound quality. Those tips tame the upper mids for me (vocals no longer sound edgy & cymbals aren't piercing) and bring out the lushness that people speak of. Quite literally changed the set from the one that I'm thinking of selling to a reference point of what I'm looking for my endgame.

As for fit, it felt like a pebble stuck in my ears (granted my insertion depth is quite deep)

Jul 13, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #130 of 138
It's for the sound quality. Those tips tame the upper mids for me (vocals no longer sound edgy & cymbals aren't piercing) and bring out the lushness that people speak of. Quite literally changed the set from the one that I'm thinking of selling to a reference point of what I'm looking for my endgame.

As for fit, it felt like a pebble stuck in my ears (granted my insertion depth is quite deep)
Got it. Thanks.

Jul 26, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #131 of 138
I think I've got the Elixir finally dialed in exactly right: iBasso DC06 -> XinHS 8-core single crystal copper / silver mix cable -> Azla Short Lights.

Went from being pretty meh to one of my favorite single-DDs ever.

Jul 26, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #132 of 138
I think I've got the Elixir finally dialed in exactly right: iBasso DC06 -> XinHS 8-core single crystal copper / silver mix cable -> Azla Short Lights.

Went from being pretty meh to one of my favorite single-DDs ever.
Funny that you would mention silver/copper mixed cables bringing the Elixir into a more balanced form. I found myself also experimenting with changing-out the stock cable. Even though I did my complete review with the included cable, I too noticed the new horizons obtained (this week) with silver/copper cables. Such changes seem to lift the mids and clean-up the bass. What’s unearthed (sonically) is still smooth and musical. For my ears (anyway) it truly does have cable rolling potential! While the silver/copper mixed Hybrid cables may make some IEMs too bright or grainy, the Elixir rises to the occasion!

Jul 26, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #133 of 138
Funny that you would mention silver/copper mixed cables bringing the Elixir into a more balanced form. I found myself also experimenting with changing-out the stock cable. Even though I did my complete review with the included cable, I too noticed the new horizons obtained (this week) with silver/copper cables. Such changes seem to lift the mids and clean-up the bass. What’s unearthed (sonically) is still smooth and musical. For my ears (anyway) it truly does have cable rolling potential! While the silver/copper mixed Hybrid cables may make some IEMs too bright or grainy, the Elixir rises to the occasion!
Do you have link for that cable??

Jul 26, 2022 at 10:38 PM Post #134 of 138
Well, I used a number of cables, but really any silver/copper hybrid will do. Meaning I got various (good) results from all the mixed metal cables I had.
Do you have link for that cable??

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #135 of 138
Hi, asking for advice for a 200$ iem someone recommended me the ThieAudio Elixir but before dropping 200$ I decided to get a 7hz Zero and see how I like/dislike about it since I'm fairly new to this hobby, I listen to a bit of everything but I frequently listen to, Trivium/avatar/A7x/billy talent/blue stahli/some indierock/pop/edm.

I do like the 7hz zero how it sounds but I wish there was a lil bit more bass, the treble was a bit more relaxed and a lil bit more technical, people say the elixir is a warm sounding iem but my worry is maybe it doesn't suit the songs I listen to like metalcore/edm? could that be a valid reason? I watched the demo of the Tri X HBB Kai on "Dan's Audio Reviews" and I kinda liked it (I know its not a real representation) but someone I know recently got the Kai and his comments on it were that he wouldn't recommend it to me based on my library and that I should go for something with a bit power energy and that got me a bit confused now.

would you recommend me this iem for the genres's I listen to and based on what I need? a little bit more bass than the 7hz Zero and less harsher sounding treble but I have doubts this kinda iem may not go with the songs I listen to any advice would be appreciated :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back