THIEAUDIO ELIXIR UNIVERSAL IN EAR
Oct 17, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #136 of 138
The Elixir isn’t a “bass heads” iem but I listen to a bit of everything, especially EDM, and don’t find it lacking. I almost prefer it for EDM over my Clairvoyance (which has noticeably more bass) because the bass is boosted so much on it I have to listen at lower levels with more bass heavy music. For me I’d be happy with it (the Elixir) as my only iem if it came to that (i still wouldn’t choose to listen to it over my Clair or Nio, but those are worth considerably more so that’s no surprise).

If you want an all rounder it’ll be a good choice, unless you really like your treble and bass boosted to the point where it’s 2x as loud as it would be with neutral bass. But it sounds like most reviewers weren’t impressed by it, thought it was worth the price just not the best for ~200. The only other IEM I’ve listened to that costs less than 700 is the Tin HiFi T4 (which I own, costs 100). The Elixir is head and shoulders above it, in my opinion it’s much, much closer to the Clairvoyance than the T4.

Oct 17, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #137 of 138
The Elixir isn’t a “bass heads” iem but I listen to a bit of everything, especially EDM, and don’t find it lacking. I almost prefer it for EDM over my Clairvoyance (which has noticeably more bass) because the bass is boosted so much on it I have to listen at lower levels with more bass heavy music. For me I’d be happy with it (the Elixir) as my only iem if it came to that (i still wouldn’t choose to listen to it over my Clair or Nio, but those are worth considerably more so that’s no surprise).

If you want an all rounder it’ll be a good choice, unless you really like your treble and bass boosted to the point where it’s 2x as loud as it would be with neutral bass. But it sounds like most reviewers weren’t impressed by it, thought it was worth the price just not the best for ~200. The only other IEM I’ve listened to that costs less than 700 is the Tin HiFi T4 (which I own, costs 100). The Elixir is head and shoulders above it, in my opinion it’s much, much closer to the Clairvoyance than the T4.
thank you for the response, yes basically I'd like an all rounder IEM, for bass I'd say 5db of more bass would be perfect for me, the bass hit in 7hz zero is there but its the subbass I think sometimes it could be better for me. My listening sessions are usually at late night and thats usually when the treble feels a bit harsh to me.

Ty again for the recommendation I feel a bit more relaxed, I trust Redcarmoose's high review on the Elixir since I've bought the "Remax rm-s1" a long time ago based on his review and those were really good for the price

Oct 17, 2022 at 3:57 PM Post #138 of 138
The bass on the Elixir might come off as slightly more warm despite not being as objectively boosted because its treble response isn't nearly as peaky or aggressive as a lot of Harman tuned IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back