They're back - The HF-2 now available again!
Jun 29, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #16 of 223

Quote:
Oh, the final batch, you say?

The real question is....how many will be in the final batch?  The HF-2 is pretty outstanding Grado for the price.  Certainly a marked improvement over the SR325i and RS-2 that I used to have. 

Jun 29, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #17 of 223
Will these be Head-Fi or Head-F1 headphones? 

since this is yet another batch, it is foreseeable that the engraving error has been fixed

Jun 29, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #18 of 223

Quote:
The problem with the HF-2 is the high-pitched whine. However, that sound does not seem to be coming from the headphones. Folks, enjoy a good headphone while you can. These are not Beanie Babies.

Limited Edition is limited edition, it keeps the price up, and it's kind of nice knowing you have one of say 50 (I have no Idea how many sets were manufactured)  sets of headphones and they were available only to head-fi members.. Just my opinion....

Jun 29, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #20 of 223
Quote:
Limited Edition is limited edition, it keeps the price up, and it's kind of nice knowing you have one of say 50 (I have no Idea how many sets were manufactured)  sets of headphones and they were available only to head-fi members.. Just my opinion....

The cool thing is they are still only for Head-Fi members...

Think of it, outside our little (!?!) fraternity, there are tons of audio and gear heads who would be envious of our "Limited Edition" cans.  Who can say that about their iP*d?

Plus, it gives me the chance to make up for letting go of my original pair.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jun 29, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #21 of 223

Quote:

It was 500, then it was 5 twenty-something (the extra ones causing something of a minor catastrophe), then came the b-stock (which I was totally cool with) then came this.

It just seems like they're milking this cow a bit too much. By the way, $40x700 is $28000. There's a lot of money going to head-fi, and if it's going to good use then that's great. But otherwise....

Jun 29, 2010 at 7:11 PM Post #23 of 223

Quote:
It just seems like they're milking this cow a bit too much. By the way, $40x700 is $28000. There's a lot of money going to head-fi, and if it's going to good use then that's great. But otherwise....

Upkeep of web servers aren't cheap.  If one goes down, you need backups and then to replace the broken server...

The funds can be depleted real fast...

-HK sends

Jun 29, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #24 of 223

Quote:
Quote:
The problem with the HF-2 is the high-pitched whine. However, that sound does not seem to be coming from the headphones. Folks, enjoy a good headphone while you can...

I had never laughed out loud while on hf until reading this

I missed that one completely the first time...
redface.gif

-HK sends

Jun 29, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #25 of 223

Quote:
Uncle Erik said:
Why does something have to be exclusive in order for you to enjoy it? Does knowing that others can't buy it make it sound better?

I'm glad these are available again. I love mine and I'm glad that more people will get a chance to own them. Further, this should stamp out the price speculation that drives folks wild around here.

Does this mean that you opened yours??

I can't believe the amount of crap that TTVJ and Grado get for providing a special product to head-fi. People are too bratty and self-obsessed, so they complain and complain about something that we wouldn't even have without the thoughtfulness and dedication of these two fine companies. Cut the whine.

Jun 29, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #27 of 223

Quote:
I do wonder why the Head-F1 error was never fixed by this new batch.

Did they already produce this many back then, was production never informed of the error or did Grado decide they simply like it?

I think it's because the community would go insane if they were fixed. Everyone would want a replacement that was corrected. Having them all (save 24) wrong is a way to have everybody on an even level.

Jun 29, 2010 at 10:47 PM Post #28 of 223
Thread title is grammatically incorrect and it's bothering me!

"They're back - The HF-2 now available again!"

please fix :)

Jun 30, 2010 at 12:54 AM Post #29 of 223
Doesn't seem too imploring about having to order fast or early. I'd wager this batch is at least 500 units deep.

Well played, John Grado. You've ground your axe against the scalpers rather successfully. Everyone that wants the HF2 will have the HF2 at the original price.

This also signals to me that there will not be a HF3, but this is just speculation on my part.

Jun 30, 2010 at 4:03 AM Post #30 of 223
Would this be a good introduction to the Grado sound? I've never heard a Grado before. Been looking for a new decent headphone for using straight out of the integrated headphone amplifier in my cd player.
oh and by the way, if I buy this, can my $40 donation be used to have the old Head-Fi layout back?

Quote:
And it should be "they're" not their.

Quote:
Thread title is grammatically incorrect and it's bothering me!

"They're back - The HF-2 now available again!"

please fix :)

Agreed... but I don't think their gonna fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back