They're back - The HF-2 now available again!
Jul 13, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #46 of 223

Quote:
X2

Falling for the HF2 duplicity was the single biggest mistake I've made since joining Head-Fi.

I, for one, am glad it gives me a chance to correct a past mistake (letting go of my original pair).  Look at it this way; 500 or 1000, how many people outside of the Head-Fi community have these?  At least they weren't made available to the open public.

Cheers!
-HK sends

PS - Mine was let go to a fellow Head-Fi'er

Jul 13, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #47 of 223

Quote:
X2

Falling for the HF2 duplicity was the single biggest mistake I've made since joining Head-Fi.

Glad to see there's some people that agree with my original post, at least.

I have no issues with the people that bought them later. Enjoy them, cherish them, whatever. It's great that some more people can have them. It isn't great that what was advertised wasn't delivered.

No hard feelings on Todd or John, but I think it could have been handled better.

Jul 13, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #49 of 223

Quote:
I did not want to put my thoughts into this non sense; I already concur with what Uncle Erik stated in earlier posts about the concerns you guys have.

Maybe that's because you managed to score a pair because of it 
redface.gif
. Congrats on the purchase, they're great headphones.

Jul 13, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #50 of 223

Quote:
No hard feelings on Todd or John, but I think it could have been handled better.

Agree. I do hope those who get them now enjoy them deeply.

I know I'll be selling my pair on eBay (instead of the FS forums where I sell everything else) soon enough. The community should be just about saturated with all the HF-2s it would ever want by the end of this sales action.

Jul 13, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #51 of 223

Quote:
Maybe that's because you managed to score a pair because of it 
redface.gif
. Congrats on the purchase, they're great headphones.

Thanks for that, I can't wait to hold them in my head. As a comforting thought, a 1000 unit production is still very limited, I suspect the HF's will become as rare as HP's in the future.

Jul 14, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #52 of 223

Quote:
I did not want to put my thoughts into this non sense; I already concur with what Uncle Erik stated in earlier posts about the concerns you guys have.

Then why post at all if you don't want to become involved, especially if you have nothing of your own to add? I read Uncle Eric's post and I don't share his viewpoint, and I am not alone. You are the beneficiary of this situation and I don't begrudge you. But please try and respect the views of those who feel a bit duped, after entering into a purchase of a headphone in good faith, that was touted as being limited to 500 in number, when it wasn't really at all. A deal is a deal, and I'm afraid that the counter arguments citing the goodwill behind the HF2, the benefits that it has generated for the Head-Fi community and it being a fantastic headphone for the price, are sounding rather hollow to me now. I hope you enjoy yours anyway.

Jul 14, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #53 of 223
I did want to make myself involved, otherwise I would not have backed up earlier comments. Anyhow, I apologise for my somewhat idiotic ways. And I hope I do enjoy them.

Quote:

Then why post at all if you don't want to become involved, especially if you have nothing of your own to add? I read Uncle Eric's post and I don't share his viewpoint, and I am not alone. You are the beneficiary of this situation and I don't begrudge you. But please try and respect the views of those who feel a bit duped, after entering into a purchase of a headphone in good faith, that was touted as being limited to 500 in number, when it wasn't really at all. A deal is a deal, and I'm afraid that the counter arguments citing the goodwill behind the HF2, the benefits that it has generated for the Head-Fi community and it being a fantastic headphone for the price, are sounding rather hollow to me now. I hope you enjoy yours anyway.

Jul 14, 2010 at 12:11 PM Post #54 of 223
And there's also those people (moi) who paid above the TTJV asking price because I and others thought that paying a slightly inflated asking price would be the only way that we would be able to get our hands on an HF-2.  $100 is no big deal, but I could have waited a few months for the lower price if I had known that more were going to be made available.

I don't really care about the exclusivity so much I just wanted the sound.  And I'm glad that others will be able to enjoy the HF-2.  It's an exceptional headphone!  But I would have preferred (expected?) honesty right from the start so I could have made a better informed decision regarding their purchase.

Jul 14, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #57 of 223
I think if you want to be a good, respectable company, you can't lie like this, say it is a limited edition, SPECIAL for head-fiers just to release another batch later...THIS is so weak.

(run run run is an special and UNIQUE item... buy it than use head-fiers and their happy-for-owning such-an-exquisite-and-limited-headphone reviews to make some publicity etc etc. ) 

This is one damn lie if you ask me, and this will be my prime reason for selling my HF-2, maybe this way the cost will be kept down, and more people will even more happy for buying such a great headphone at a very good price...Hope grado will learn something out of this...just like Ultrasone did. 

A better headphone like RS-X would have been more appropriate..IMHO, and I'll say it again from this day grado is kinda dead for me... It's not a big such thing though, and not the first producer of this kind, but I'm still learning.

Guys just try to remember some post from the time when HF-2 was released...

I for example got the bait, cancelled some of my projects, didn't considered other headphones even if I was reading a lot about electrostatics (it was eclipsed by this limited-run HF-2 and by the fact that this way I could contribute to this forum and the same time own a really LIMITED Head-F1 headphone) 

Jul 15, 2010 at 2:05 AM Post #58 of 223
I feel like I got played hard by Grado, Head-Fi and to a very small extent Todd (not very much though, he was great with me trying other pads and returning them, he's realy just a middle man here but doesn't get off scot free because I'm pretty sure he's benefiting monetarily too.) Grado getting some ire is obvious; Head-Fi because well, server costs be damned, look at all the sponsorships and advertising on the site - are you kidding me? (Think about the redesign, lol.) There are numerous forums with just a few simple banner ads that seem to run fine. Whoever's pockets get lined from donations must not have any ethical problem with milking the people who create their content and make the site what it is (the users) by pulling the 'it's a donation to the community!!11' line. This whole debacle has made me cynical about the whole HiFi industry again when after quite a while of being disgusted with all the bs that goes on I'd come back around.

I jumped on these from having only ever owned an SR80 but having tried a few other well-regarded but moderate price headphones and I knew I loved the Grado sound. Limited edition! Only 500 made! Oops, typo...but hey, suck it, we aren't to go through the bother of correcting a rediculous mistake for our 'special community' and they're limited edition remember! Ok, they are good phones so whatever. Oh wait, we've got some b-stock!! Ok, they went fast enough. Oh wait, we've got more phones that are new, not b-stock and will sell at the original price! Haha, got ya! Yeah, good job John Grado, you just treated your most loyal group of fans with utter contempt and it seems extraordinarily petty if he actually cared about resellers and profiteers at all anyway - after all it was all about showing appreciation for the community right?!

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. I enjoy my HF2's very much but never would have jumped like I did if I hadn't thought they would at least hold their value which until these latest ones are gone they haven't and will remain depressed longer than they would have...with time I'm sure they will but otherwise I'm fine buying used gear when I intend to keep it for the long term - I would have bought some used HF2. Never again Grado, you've soured me entirely with this duplicitous, misleading and frankly false advertising and promotion, all directed at your supposed 'greatest fans' to boot! Just shows me what Grado really thinks of the HeadFi community: a bunch of suckers willing to drop $$ on stuff that has some ostensibly 'special community' and 'limited edition' cachet.
=====
I hope that free speech and allowing people to express their opinions is fully embraced here on Head-Fi. Seeing this thread just made me snap, it was the final straw that broke this camel's back wrt the HF2. If some people get bent out of shape reading this post, sorry, but I tell it like I see it in real life and sure as heck won't censor myself because of 'politics' on the internet.

Jul 15, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #59 of 223
Seriously... would anybody who bought them assuming there's be 500 have not bought them if they were told there'd be 1,000?

I understand being upset if I paid considerably more on the used market after the first run was done, thinking I'd not get an opportunity to buy at the opening price.  That would bug me. But I can't see having made a different choice if the opening offer said there'd be an undetermined number made, or saying there'd be twice as many.

More head-fi'ers, including relative n00bs (so that's where my horse is, in this race) will get to hear these phones.  That seems like a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back