These headphones?
Dec 28, 2010 at 6:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kaymay

New Head-Fier
Out of these headphones, which one would you recommend the most?
Which one has the best overall sound quality and good bass?

AKG K81
Sennhesier HD428 (don't fold)
JVC full size headphones
Pioneer SE-ME390
Pioneer SE-MJ2
Panasonic HT-227
JVC HARX500
Kicker HP541

Any suggestions?
Other headphones that aren't too bulky?

Dec 28, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #3 of 5
Yea, there's also AKG K 518 DJ that might be cheaper nowadays and easier to find (at least for me it was) which is the same as K 81 with darkened stripe in that design but otherwise the same.

They are a bit warm and very dark sounding though, don't know if that's what you're looking for though but the bass is very strong but it's very punchy/decays quickly so it's not the slow-rumbling type and the overall sound quality pretty good for the price as long as you can stand their comfort, needs some serious stretching or else you'll get painful ears from the intense clamping force. Soundstage is pretty narrow/enclosed for this headphone though but works great for portable use especially due to being very lightweight and very easily driven, doesn't leak and isolates very well from ambient noise and small in size, it had been my portable can if I'd even listen to music on-the-go which happens very seldom.

Dec 28, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #5 of 5
No I haven't heard the Kicker headphones unfortunately. The AKGs are supra-aural (on-ear), the pads like barely cover your ears, that's how small they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back