Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 23, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #3,751 of 12,550
That's great!! Would it be possible to make the O's after STEREO a 'O)))' like Sunn O)))??

Mar 23, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #3,752 of 12,550
-edit- sorry dubs, mobile goofed up

Mar 23, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #3,753 of 12,550
Quote:
Wow you guys got popular.... I only have 600 posts to catch up on.  Did I miss anything?   

Have some popcorn?
popcorn.gif

Mar 23, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #3,754 of 12,550
Yup, that'd be the one!  So Doc, I'll fill you in.  It was an innocent day here in TMACville, with idle banter flowing smoothly back and forth... until bowei posts the photo of his Husky above.

As we are all mature gentlemen here, we immediately zero in on the lotion in the background... that jumbo economy sized lotion... by the side of the bed.  What followed was a searing indictment of the lack of infrastructure in third world countries - NOT.  What happened next was that we all turned 13, and hilarity ensued.

Most of the month was pretty darn boring TBH.  But you might want to go back and check out the lotion posts for a few laughs.

Oh, and there was this one time when the Anime thread stormed us and REALLY REALLY REALLY pissed off jgray91.

Thanks for adding me to the prestigious animal company warren.

Sounds fairly eventful... I'll look those posts up, I can already imagine how hillarious that got. Nothing is safe here on TMAC, not even an innocent photo of a cute dawg.....

Have some popcorn?
:popcorn:

:popcorn: :D

Mar 23, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #3,756 of 12,550
Well, since it seems to be arts and crafts week here in the TMAC thread, I may as well share an example of one of my artistic hobbies. Any calligraphers out there had better cover your eyes before scrolling down:

It's been literally almost a decade since I've done this, and it shows. I searched for my pens for the last two days before conceding that they're lost for good, so I walked to the local Michaels and bought new ones. The old ones were a lot better, as alluded to in the text. The ink flow often cuts out on the new ones. I've seen a nice set (Lamy Joy) that I'll probably pick up in a few months if I'm still interested at that point.

For now I'm going to work on my most obvious issue, which is keeping the letters the same vertical height. Also, I tend to rush, which results in incongruent letter forms.

Mar 23, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #3,757 of 12,550
Quote:
Well, since it seems to be arts and crafts week here in the TMAC thread, I may as well share an example of one of my artistic hobbies. Any calligraphers out there had better cover your eyes before scrolling down:

It's been literally almost a decade since I've done this, and it shows. I searched for my pens for the last two days before conceding that they're lost for good, so I walked to the local Michaels and bought new ones. The old ones were a lot better, as alluded to in the text. The ink flow often cuts out on the new ones. I've seen a nice set (Lamy Joy) that I'll probably pick up in a few months if I'm still interested at that point.

For now I'm going to work on my most obvious issue, which is keeping the letters the same vertical height. Also, I tend to rush, which results in incongruent letter forms.

So good. D:< I wanna go into calligraphy 

Mar 23, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #3,758 of 12,550
Quote:
So good. D:< I wanna go into calligraphy 

It's a lot of fun. It takes a lot of patience, though, and a lot of time and practice to improve. It's a great activity for a rainy day. I literally learned the hand above (Italic) when just that happened on a vacation I was on more than a decade ago. I had nothing else to do, and everybody else in my family was bored out of their minds and/or sleeping, so I got out my books and practiced.

I decided I wanted to get back into it again. I forget what even set me off, but not being able to find any of my pens and finding that all my bottled ink has dried up (and after ten years, I'm not surprised) just made me want to dive back in even more.

Mar 23, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #3,759 of 12,550
Nice!
That is a lost art for sure.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Mar 23, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #3,761 of 12,550
Quote:
This is appalling. Four days away and not a single mention of pineapples.

If I wasn't so tired from the past few days of whale-wrestling I would throw a fit. Alas...

o hai. where ya been?

Quote:

It's a lot of fun. It takes a lot of patience, though, and a lot of time and practice to improve. It's a great activity for a rainy day. I literally learned the hand above (Italic) when just that happened on a vacation I was on more than a decade ago. I had nothing else to do, and everybody else in my family was bored out of their minds and/or sleeping, so I got out my books and practiced.

I decided I wanted to get back into it again. I forget what even set me off, but not being able to find any of my pens and finding that all my bottled ink has dried up (and after ten years, I'm not surprised) just made me want to dive back in even more.

very_evil_smiley.gif
 yes man

Mar 23, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #3,762 of 12,550
Quote:

If I wasn't so tired from the past few days of whale-wrestling I would throw a fit. Alas...

What now, you a Mind Reader?! I'm 
smiley_thumb.gif
 craving Pineapple Upside down cake. How was it at "WW?"

Mar 23, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #3,763 of 12,550
Okay, sorry for getting off topic, but if you haven't, you should watch this video. As a teenager in high school, this really cuts deep. Good feels y'all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltun92DfnPY

Mar 23, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #3,764 of 12,550
Quote:
What now, you a Mind Reader?! I'm 
smiley_thumb.gif
 craving Pineapple Upside down cake. How was it at "WW?"

The whale-wrestling, mind-reading, pineapple pastry fiend. I'm liking it. I'm liking it a lot.

"WW"? Just awful. I think panda went out of his way to stock the darned belugas with his patented pineapple lotion or something. They kept slipping all over the place.

Quote:
Okay, sorry for getting off topic, but if you haven't, you should watch this video. As a teenager in high school, this really cuts deep. Good feels y'all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltun92DfnPY

I knew Koyczan way before he was popular #hipsterswag

Mar 23, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #3,765 of 12,550
Quote:

I've noticed that too. Quite depressing. Let's see...

(Grr...why does everything I write look ten times worse when I scan it? It's like the Epson makes all the letters slant in different directions).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back