Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #11,462 of 12,550
Smart   
wink_face.gif

Jun 15, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #11,463 of 12,550
beerchug.gif

Thanks for sharing. Had not heard of KaOS. Will look it up and down before Game 5 (CLE @ GS). Currently struggling to find or buy SD Card. 

Have you played around with any of the aforementioned I listed?

Primarily with Chakra. I peek in there ever so often to see what they're up to. I vividly remember using KDEmod3 way back when that was still a thing so I have a fondness for the project, even though it's become something markedly different. KaOS came about from a former Chakra developer who seemed to have split off for political reasons. There's not really anything majorly delineating between the two apart from the aesthetic differences, and of course the infrastructure of the distro. It's going to be a very similiar experience (GUI in front of pacman, purist KDE/Qt setups), but you might prefer the stock aesthetics of one over the other (trivial to customize, but nonetheless), which is why I suggested you take a look at KaOS.

Korora I have a vague familiarity with, but only back when they were still based on Gentoo. They seem to be doing some interesting stuff these days. If you like the icon theme they're using, I believe it's Numix Circle.

Haiku...are you sure you're referring to the one I'm thinking of?

Jun 17, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #11,466 of 12,550

Primarily with Chakra. I peek in there ever so often to see what they're up to. I vividly remember using KDEmod3 way back when that was still a thing so I have a fondness for the project, even though it's become something markedly different. KaOS came about from a former Chakra developer who seemed to have split off for political reasons. There's not really anything majorly delineating between the two apart from the aesthetic differences, and of course the infrastructure of the distro. It's going to be a very similiar experience (GUI in front of pacman, purist KDE/Qt setups), but you might prefer the stock aesthetics of one over the other (trivial to customize, but nonetheless), which is why I suggested you take a look at KaOS.

Korora I have a vague familiarity with, but only back when they were still based on Gentoo. They seem to be doing some interesting stuff these days. If you like the icon theme they're using, I believe it's Numix Circle.

Haiku...are you sure you're referring to the one I'm thinking of?

Yup, dat's the one! (Haiku project)

Jun 17, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #11,468 of 12,550
ph34r.gif

Jun 21, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #11,471 of 12,550
Ayyy guys what's up? You guys who are dads or w/e should have a good fathers day.

Jun 21, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #11,474 of 12,550
  Just confused as to why that's in the running (a la Trump).

Not that it has a hairpiece or anything, just pretty different from the other choices.

dt880smile.png

Yeah it really is different! But that's what drew my glance in the first place. Still trying to USB these options and not clutter the hard drive in case they don't move me.

I'm getting closer!

Jun 21, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #11,475 of 12,550
If you know what you're going into, it seems to really something else technology-wise. I never followed it much, but the word has always been that they were doing some really great stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back