Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #7,621 of 12,550
Quote:
I used to be able to post here on elinks if I was in a jiffy....trying that with w3m and not working too well....hopefully this shows up. Sorry guys just a test post to see whether or not this works. Again, sorry for the spam.

Nope. Nothing. I can't see it at all. In fact, I have no idea why I'm even posting this, since I'm clearly not replying to a quoted post or anything.

Aug 31, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #7,622 of 12,550
Alright, so I can't edit the posts, but at least it showed up! This is neat, now I can simply post from my Lifebook hanging next to the bed, instead of having to get up to my desk. Laziness, meet H-F.

Aug 31, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #7,623 of 12,550
Nope. Nothing. I can't see it at all. In fact, I have no idea why I'm even posting this, since I'm clearly not replying to a quoted post or anything.

I must have gone blind then. But this is great, I can even quote!

...sorry for the unnecessary posts. Although it does fit with the general topic of off-topicness.

And now, editing and photo embedding. I'd use the built-in preview function for the avatar, but that's just clutter. And it's so colorful! And no ads! Layout formatting is much better than elinks - which is odd. The color-coding helps with forums more than I thought - had only set it up so that it could look pretty.

Aug 31, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #7,624 of 12,550
You'd think a strategy would help? 

The world's fastest bullet means no more to me than its fastest termite.

That's Franklin Richards, son of Reed and Sue Richards of the FF, he's on an exponentially higher power level than the Doctor. He was creating universes as a toddler.

Sep 1, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #7,626 of 12,550
So...it's time for the big reveal. A few days ago I posted a challenge to see if anybody could guess who my avatar is. I promise it's not very interesting, but still, I said I'd break the big secret when September officially arrived. So here it is.

*Drumroll please*

...Bicycle Repair Man.

Sep 1, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #7,628 of 12,550
Hey Twinkies, do you know of any android apps that allow p2p connection? Just something that would let me talk to someone over p2p and it doesn't have to be anon or anything, and seeing if the other person is online would be nice too. I wanted to use irc, but att doesn't allow irc over their mobile. :frowning2:

Sep 1, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #7,629 of 12,550
OK - it's past 9 PM in my time zone, and I'll be changing my avatar daily at around this time - so, since I want to make sure each superhero get's a full day - I give you the first...

Atom Ant was created by Hanna-Barbera in 1965.

Sep 1, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #7,631 of 12,550
Hey Twinkies, do you know of any android apps that allow p2p connection? Just something that would let me talk to someone over p2p and it doesn't have to be anon or anything, and seeing if the other person is online would be nice too. I wanted to use irc, but att doesn't allow irc over their mobile. :frowning2:

How about just using a Facebook or Google IM?

Sep 1, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #7,632 of 12,550
I don't really like tall avatars because the "HD bars" get added to your profile like so:

That to me just looks plain stupid. >.>

Yup - normally I would take the time to square it up and add the TMAC logo - but since I'm changing avatars every 24 hours, you're gonna get them raw - just wait a day - it'll change...

Sep 1, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #7,633 of 12,550
Quote:
OK - it's past 9 PM in my time zone, and I'll be changing my avatar daily at around this time - so, since I want to make sure each superhero get's a full day - I give you the first...

I remember seeing Atom Ant. I can't remember anything about him, though.

Sep 1, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #7,634 of 12,550

I wanted to use irc, but att doesn't allow irc over their mobile.

Yeah I've heard about that. :D

From what you're looking at, you might want to wait until a nice Android client for Bitmessage comes up. I know some people have been working on it, publically and privately. If you want to learn some python I guess this could be a self-project as well.

Otherwise, nothing else stands out that doesn't suck. Unless I'm mistaking your intentions for what you're requiring.

Sep 1, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #7,635 of 12,550
Quote:

Pacific time?

I'm not sure how you'd crop that without losing out anyways. Fight the power! Say no to equal-sided quadrilateral avatars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back