Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #3,811 of 12,550
Calligraphy is something I never attempted... nor ever drawn to. But I do love writing with regular fountain pens. Oh, how they glide across my French paper!

I know what you mean....

I switched to ball-points because I scribble too fast and too much. If you ever get the notion, try Visconti Gel Ballpoint refills in 1.0mm (not the regular ones). They fit any standard parker-style pen. I use mine in my lava rock Visconti. For a ballpoint they are dreamy the way they glide. Next best thing.

Mar 24, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #3,812 of 12,550
Quote:
Quote:
Calligraphy is something I never attempted... nor ever drawn to. But I do love writing with regular fountain pens. Oh, how they glide across my French paper!

I know what you mean....

I switched to ball-points because I scribble too fast and too much. If you ever get the notion, try Visconti Gel Ballpoint refills in 1.0mm (not the regular ones). They fit any standard parker-style pen. I use mine in my lava rock Visconti. For a ballpoint they are dreamy the way they glide. Next best thing.

While Rodeo Drive (BevHills) seems to get all the press, Rhodia Drive (rhodiadrive.com) is a worthy destination
wink_face.gif
 as well.

Mar 24, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #3,813 of 12,550
Quote:
While Rodeo Drive (BevHills) seems to get all the press, Rhodia Drive (rhodiadrive.com) is a worthy destination
wink_face.gif
 as well.

Gasp. Shameless self-promotion? Might you be a CEO of some multi-national conglomerate notepad companies who's playing us all as fools?

The very day when I see shills on H-F will be a said day indeed winkwink

Anyways my contribution to the pen discussion - 
Get some proper pencils you snarks 
tongue.gif

Mar 24, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #3,814 of 12,550
Just a quick word on next month's theme y'all.  I'm not sure exactly what direction we're going in yet... so please feel free to contribute ideas.  Going by that, I'm obviously not suggesting that the album cover I made earlier is anything more than just doodling.  So, a lot of stuff is still up in the air.  As April approaches, we must [reluctantly] get on-topic sometime just so we're not swamped at the end of the month.  Having said that...

Here are a couple of updates to the animal friends:

I've added Currawong as an honorary thing.  I've also changed the little yellow chick to a duckling for some more variety.  And I've changed the blue buggy into a flutterby.  If I've forgotten anyone, please remind me.

Mar 24, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #3,816 of 12,550
Quote:
Quote:
wink_face.gif
 as well.

Gasp. Shameless self-promotion? Might you be a CEO of some multi-national conglomerate notepad companies who's playing us all as fools?

The very day when I see shills on H-F will be a said day indeed winkwink

Anyways my contribution to the pen discussion - 
Get some proper pencils you snarks 
tongue.gif

It's pure coincidence I suppose. But, I worked a number of years just 1 block West of Rodeo Drive (I could look out at the Flagship Louis Vuitton store) and used Rhodia Notepads nearly all my life. That the two "Drives" would converge for me... 
rolleyes.gif

I also love Rhodia pencils - three-sided and won't roll off the desk. Plus I like black!

rhodia-pencils-set-of-10-prh100-1.jpg

Mar 24, 2013 at 3:42 AM Post #3,817 of 12,550
Quote:
Just a quick word on next month's theme y'all.  I'm not sure exactly what direction we're going in yet... so please feel free to contribute ideas.  Going by that, I'm obviously not suggesting that the album cover I made earlier is anything more than just doodling.  So, a lot of stuff is still up in the air.  As April approaches, we must [reluctantly] get on-topic sometime just so we're not swamped at the end of the month.  Having said that...

Here are a couple of updates to the animal friends:

I've added Currawong as an honorary thing.  I've also changed the little yellow chick to a duckling for some more variety.  And I've changed the blue buggy into a flutterby.  If I've forgotten anyone, please remind me.

If I point out that I'm very upset that the cute puke-green chicken bird got replaced with the big bad black bird will I likely get banned? :3
poor little puke-green bird never did anything wrong.
I suppose the elephant's Jude then 
very_evil_smiley.gif
 Reminds me of the 20-driver Sleek Audio CIEM writeup. Elephant ears...hehe

The album art is quite good as it is. Maybe just stick with tattooing the animals on the chest to differentiate one another so that people won't complain about lacking originality? Then everyone would have the same avatars (essentially), there'd be less confusion.

It's pure coincidence I suppose. But, I worked a number of years just 1 block West of Rodeo Drive (I could look out at the Flagship Louis Vuitton store) and used Rhodia Notepads nearly all my life. That the two "Drives" would converge for me... 
rolleyes.gif

I also love Rhodia pencils - three-sided and won't roll off the desk. Plus I like black!

Three-sided penci-
Blasphamy! Blasphamy I say!
(I like Uni-balls and...well already mentioned on diary thread.)

Mar 24, 2013 at 6:48 AM Post #3,821 of 12,550
Quote:
The Currawong is killing me... great! 
biggrin.gif

Thanks, it was hard doing cute and vigilant at the same time. 
wink.gif

Quote:

It's pure coincidence I suppose. But, I worked a number of years just 1 block West of Rodeo Drive (I could look out at the Flagship Louis Vuitton store)

And you might again! 
smile.gif

Quote:
If I point out that I'm very upset that the cute puke-green chicken bird got replaced with the big bad black bird will I likely get banned? :3
poor little puke-green bird never did anything wrong.

Oh, he's not gone... he's just hiding behind Currawong all safe and sound.  Puke-green bird is alive and well, and headed to a petting zoo for a life of playtime with little children.  We're gonna have him for dinner but you don't need to know that.

Quote:
I suppose the elephant's Jude then 
very_evil_smiley.gif
 Reminds me of the 20-driver Sleek Audio CIEM writeup. Elephant ears...hehe

That would definitely be fitting, him being the big head honcho here.  Although, being Jude, he can be whatever he wants.  All he has to do is lemme know what he fancies.  Maybe he could be like the one human (also an animal) out of the bunch?

Quote:
The album art is quite good as it is. Maybe just stick with tattooing the animals on the chest to differentiate one another so that people won't complain about lacking originality? Then everyone would have the same avatars (essentially), there'd be less confusion.

Hmm, maybe we could all design an album cover together by committee?  That would be fun! 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
What's the theme for April?

Hey Juan, good seeing you here.  As of this moment, it's Audiophiliac April... "audiophiliac" referring to Steve Guttenberg.  Come join in the fun! 
smile.gif

Oops, looks like you're taking a break.  Well, here's to hoping you're only gone temporarily!

Quote:
I have an idea Animal friend April?

LOL, I was thinking of something along the lines of how we're gonna implement the approved theme, as opposed to changing the theme.

Quote:
Quote:
Careful, you're gonna piss off jgray91 again...

You might as well, if you keep harping about it. I've put it behind, block list updated, bridges burned. End of story.

Haha, okay, okay.  Take it easy. 
smile.gif
  Just trying to keep things calm here.

Mar 24, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #3,822 of 12,550
I like the idea of tattooing our animals on the chest. Great work Warrenpchi!!

Mar 24, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #3,823 of 12,550
Okay guys, sorry for the double post but I had to share this. I wrote a parody of 'Nobody Home' by Pink Floyd called 'No Jude Home'

I've got a wooden cabinet holding my LP's in
I've got a bag with interconnects in
When I'm a good boy they sometimes throw me a record in
I got rubber bands keeping my rig together
Got those late 60's blues.
Got 13,000 records in my cabinet to choose from
I've got vacuum tubes
And I've got balanced ouputs
I've got amazing powers of amplification
And that is how I know
When I try to get through
On my headphones to you
There'll be no Jude home
I've got the obligatory 'Kind of Blue' LP
And I've got the inevitable shorted cables
All down the cord of my favorite pair of Grados
I've got soldering burns on my fingers
I've got a magnepan speaker rig
I've got an electrostatic rig to prop up my mortal remains
I've got wild listening ears
I've got a strong urge to upgrade
But I've got nothing better to go to
Ooooh Babe when I pick up my headphones
There's still no Jude home
I've got a pair of Orpheus 'phones
And I've got fading tubes.

Mar 24, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #3,824 of 12,550
Quote:
Oh, he's not gone... he's just hiding behind Currawong all safe and sound.  Puke-green bird is alive and well, and headed to a petting zoo for a life of playtime with little children.  We're gonna have him for dinner but you don't need to know that.

Darn it Warren. I thought I had a funny reflection on my matte screen until I highlighted everything...

Mar 24, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #3,825 of 12,550
Quote:
Darn it Warren. I thought I had a funny reflection on my matte screen until I highlighted everything...

That would have driven me insane. I recently swapped out the shiny screen in my laptop with a matte replacement (when the original broke), and every so often there'll be a smudge that's caused by dirt or oil of some kind (usually visible when the screen is displaying black), so I would have thought that text was that and would have spent a minute furiously trying to wipe it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back