Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #2,311 of 12,550
Quote:
Okay, back from camping... it's been a while... finally back to Head-Fi!
smily_headphones1.gif

Welcome back man! The anime thread was a bit... off. I started to wonder where you were.

Jan 6, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #2,312 of 12,550
Welcome back man! The anime thread was a bit... off. I started to wonder where you were.
Nice avatar! Yeah, just finished Ichigo 100%!!! Loved it!

Jan 6, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #2,314 of 12,550
Quote:
Okay, back from camping... it's been a while... finally back to Head-Fi!
smily_headphones1.gif

Clearly it was an ordeal. It's drained the color right out of your text. 
smile.gif

I remember the last time I went camping. It was some of the most fun I've had in my life.

In other news, I'm going to make my stir fry tonight for myself. Normally I make it for everybody, so I don't get to make it anywhere near as hot as I normally like. I'm putting a ghost pepper in tonight. It's been almost half a year since I made a ghost pepper beef stir fry, and I considered putting in two but decided I'd like to ease myself back into my chilihead ways.

It's gonna be hot and that's just the way I like it.

Jan 6, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #2,315 of 12,550
Quote:

Clearly it was an ordeal. It's drained the color right out of your text. 
smile.gif

I remember the last time I went camping. It was some of the most fun I've had in my life.

In other news, I'm going to make my stir fry tonight for myself. Normally I make it for everybody, so I don't get to make it anywhere near as hot as I normally like. I'm putting a ghost pepper in tonight. It's been almost half a year since I made a ghost pepper beef stir fry, and I considered putting in two but decided I'd like to ease myself back into my chilihead ways.

you crazy. I sweat bullets when I eat hot things 
tongue.gif

Edit: Post #444

Jan 6, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #2,316 of 12,550
Clearly it was an ordeal. It's drained the color right out of your text. :smile:

It's gonna be [COLOR=FF0000]h[/COLOR][COLOR=FF8C00]o[/COLOR][COLOR=FFD700]t[/COLOR] and that's just the way I like it.
I wish... I'm in scouts so I get to go camping all the time!!! :) But... this one wasn't all that great, because, it was below freezing! :eek: I did love rapelling though. It was my first time... a 50 foot drop makes you wonder if you should do it, but it was amazing... the last time, as we had 3, I did the 50 feet in under 10 seconds! :D

Jan 6, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #2,317 of 12,550
Quote:
you crazy. I sweat bullets when I eat hot things 
tongue.gif

Edit: Post #444

Oh, I'm definitely crazy. My tongue is on fire, my eyes and nose are watering, and it's pure pain. I just got another bowl. 
biggrin.gif

One pepper was definitely a good call. Two would have made it too strong, even for me. Ghost peppers are a bit odd. They're some of the most intensely flavored peppers I've come across, and they seem to have both the biting, searing immediate heat and the slow, numbing heat that leaves a pleasant sense of warmth on the tongue, and they hit you with all of it at once. Woe betide the person who isn't prepared for a dish with them in it!

Me? I drink Coke along with my meal, just to make the burning even more intense. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 6, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #2,318 of 12,550
Quote:

Oh, I'm definitely crazy. My tongue is on fire, my eyes and nose are watering, and it's pure pain. I just got another bowl. 
biggrin.gif

One pepper was definitely a good call. Two would have made it too strong, even for me. Ghost peppers are a bit odd. They're some of the most intensely flavored peppers I've come across, and they seem to have both the biting, searing immediate heat and the slow, numbing heat that leaves a pleasant sense of warmth on the tongue, and they hit you with all of it at once. Woe betide the person who isn't prepared for a dish with them in it!

Me? I drink Coke along with my meal, just to make the burning even more intense. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

._. my goodness. You take spice to another level. I'd be pouring a river if I'd eat that...

Jan 6, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #2,319 of 12,550
Quote:
._. my goodness. You take spice to another level. I'd be pouring a river if I'd eat that...

I certainly do. I pour hot sauce on everything and pile the peppers into my stir frys and fajitas. My father is the only person in my family who comes close to my fondness for hot stuff, but even he's not on my level. The last time I did a ghost pepper dish he said it was inedible, when I didn't even think it was that bad.

I also like to chop up habaneros and swirl the bits in hummus and eat it with pita bread. A great snack with a real kick.

I like it lively and intense, but refined at the same time. My cooking is full of flavor and spice, but I try really hard to balance everything out. Maybe that's why I like bright and energetic but refined and balanced sound. 
smile.gif
 Shimmer and energy, yes. Tizz and harshness, n-o NO.

Jan 6, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #2,320 of 12,550
Quote:

I certainly do. I pour hot sauce on everything and pile the peppers into my stir frys and fajitas. My father is the only person in my family who comes close to my fondness for hot stuff, but even he's not on my level. The last time I did a ghost pepper dish he said it was inedible, when I didn't even think it was that bad.

I also like to chop up habaneros and swirl the bits in hummus and eat it with pita bread. A great snack with a real kick.

I like it lively and intense, but refined at the same time. My cooking is full of flavor and spice, but I try really hard to balance everything out. Maybe that's why I like bright and energetic but refined and balanced sound. 
smile.gif
 Shimmer and energy, yes. Tizz and harshness, n-o NO.

you must drink sriracha... bathe in sriracha... p sriracha and sweat sriracha 

Jan 6, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #2,321 of 12,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyris /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Check out this stuff from my neck of the woods...

I've had their  Giv'er Sauce, they also have an Ultimate Giv'er Sauce and the 1,000,000 Reasons to Rock Sauce "[size=x-small]Pure 1,000,000 scoville unit capsicum in a 200ml bottle" [/size]
Hottest stuff I've ever had...
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #2,322 of 12,550
Quote:
Check out this stuff from my neck of the woods...

I've had their  Giv'er Sauce, they also have an Ultimate Giv'er Sauce and the 1,000,000 Reasons to Rock Sauce "[size=x-small]Pure 1,000,000 scoville unit capsicum in a 200ml bottle" [/size]
Hottest stuff I've ever had...
biggrin.gif

I don't think I would have opened it, on account of the collector's value. Or, I would have resolved not to open it and then probably given  because I couldn't stand the curiosity. I've seen those sorts of things before. There's a huge war waging (or maybe it's already been won) with these sauces. Of course, some of the resultant concoctions can scarcely be called sauce at all, and of course there's the huge debate over whether or not anything using pepper extract/added capsaicin should count, or at least get its own category.

1M Scoville units, incidentally, is was the average ghost pepper should rate. I have no idea where mine are on the scale, since it can vary considerably depending on growing conditions, but they're noticeably more potent than any habanero I've ever used. I usually put two to three habs in my stir fry to get to a similar level of heat as one ghost, so that's about right.

The hottest sauce I've ever tried was the original Insanity Sauce, which is "only" 100,000 S.U. I've actually got a bottle of Temporary Insanity (slightly milder) that I've been using for about nine years now. There's a third of the bottle left. I'm nuts but I'm not insane. This stuff is too hot to really enjoy unless you use a little bit at a time and mix it into a lot of food. I'm just salivating at the thought of something that's ten times hotter essentially. 
biggrin.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 6, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #2,323 of 12,550
I don't think I would have opened it, on account of the collector's value. Or, I would have resolved not to open it and then probably given  because I couldn't stand the curiosity. I've seen those sorts of things before. There's a huge war waging (or maybe it's already been won) with these sauces. Of course, some of the resultant concoctions can scarcely be called sauce at all, and of course there's the huge debate over whether or not anything using pepper extract/added capsaicin should count, or at least get its own category.

1M Scoville units, incidentally, is was the average ghost pepper should rate. I have no idea where mine are on the scale, since it can vary considerably depending on growing conditions, but they're noticeably more potent than any habanero I've ever used. I usually put two to three habs in my stir fry to get to a similar level of heat as one ghost, so that's about right.

The hottest sauce I've ever tried was the original Insanity Sauce, which is "only" 100,000 S.U. I've actually got a bottle of Temporary Insanity (slightly milder) that I've been using for about nine years now. There's a third of the bottle left. I'm nuts but I'm not insane. This stuff is too hot to really enjoy unless you use a little bit at a time and mix it into a lot of food. I'm just salivating at the thought of something that's ten times hotter essentially. :D :veryevil:
If I wasn't a kid, and was gonna see you at a meet or something, I'd probably get that for you. :xf_eek:

Jan 6, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #2,325 of 12,550
I didn't have the 1M one, it definitely would not have been opened, I'd have kept it in the bottle till it ate it's way through, then the sauce would have been moved to a ceramic pot.
biggrin.gif

The Giv'er was the one I tried, way too hot to be enjoyable for me. I like hot things like Scotch Bonnets chopped up in the spaghetti sauce etc... but this stuff was too much to be enjoyable. We were using it as a dip for fried pepperoni.
very_evil_smiley.gif
In a chili or tomato sauce of some sort just a bit would probably be good.

There is good hot and insane crazy hot, I enjoy a nice sweat with each spoonful as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back