Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016.
Aug 1, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #1,021 of 1,185
HI all, can someone let me know the following: when I play music with the opus #2 and go to t he balance section, when balance turned to right, I hear the sound coming from the left out of my ciem. And the other way around. Is this normal, anyone else experiencing this?

Aug 1, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #1,022 of 1,185
HI all, can someone let me know the following: when I play music with the opus #2 and go to t he balance section, when balance turned to right, I hear the sound coming from the left out of my ciem. And the other way around. Is this normal, anyone else experiencing this?

This means that your cables are connected the wrong way, L and R. Either you are connecting the IEM cables wrong L and R, or they are wired wrong inside. You should be able to notice this in songs as well, where you have L and R panning.

Aug 1, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #1,023 of 1,185
This means that your cables are connected the wrong way, L and R. Either you are connecting the IEM cables wrong L and R, or they are wired wrong inside. You should be able to notice this in songs as well, where you have L and R panning.

Thanks for the reply. I checked the cables and they are connected correctly, I also tried with different cables and it remains the same. I am getting confused what is left and what is right :S

Did you test it on your opus #2?

Aug 1, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #1,024 of 1,185
I do not think the sound changed after the update

What changed for me was how much more snappy the interface has become.

I noticed Tidal offline files loaded/skip much faster. Even the stock audio player seems faster.

Aug 2, 2018 at 1:40 AM Post #1,026 of 1,185
I do not think the sound changed after the update

What changed for me was how much more snappy the interface has become.

I noticed Tidal offline files loaded/skip much faster. Even the stock audio player seems faster.
I feel there's a change on my side, to me it's improved. I'm using 32bit x-mos. But in term of speed, yes there is a noticeable difference in improvements. I wish they have fixed the player stopping when unplugging balance output.

Aug 3, 2018 at 3:42 AM Post #1,027 of 1,185
Hi ALL and thanks to liquidrats for helping me with the FW 1.02.03...

With the new FW 1.02.03 I find 2.5mm balanced has more airy layering separation, makes me easier to determine the front/back position of the instruments and vocal.. and its 3.5mm SE slightly brighter tone...

Honestly speaking, I still like the old FW 1.02.02... it was slightly soft on the treble and more organic sound...
Thank you...

20180803_102812A.jpg

Aug 3, 2018 at 3:47 AM Post #1,028 of 1,185
Hi ALL and thanks to liquidrats for helping me with the FW 1.02.03...

With the new FW 1.02.03 I find 2.5mm balanced has more airy layering separation, makes me easier to determine the front/back position of the instruments and vocal.. and its 3.5mm SE slightly brighter tone...

Honestly speaking, I still like the old FW 1.02.02... it was slightly soft on the treble and more organic sound...
Thank you...

I will not update, noway :)

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2018 at 4:52 AM Post #1,029 of 1,185
I think I've to change the gain output to MID... sounds more smooth and controlled...
previously with HIGH gain... some how I feels the signals kinda peaks out... sounding a bit harsh & brighter...
Now it's sounding much better... :L3000: Thanks...

Aug 3, 2018 at 5:12 AM Post #1,030 of 1,185
I think I've to change the gain output to MID... sounds more smooth and controlled...
previously with HIGH gain... some how I feels the signals kinda peaks out... sounding a bit harsh & brighter...
Now it's sounding much better... :L3000: Thanks...

The main reason that I loved Opus2 is, its a little darker, dense presentation. So you mean that is gone with update.

I don't think change on sound character with software update is a good thing.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #1,032 of 1,185
So I read about the new update. If you look on their site and change log, it does not see like a huge update.

If it will alter the sound, especially brighter, I am also doubting to update.

*** Firmware Version : 1.02.03 Contect ***
=============================================================
1. Fixed an issue that ID3TAG can not interpret normally in files with ID3TAG of 3MB or more.(Opus support ID3Tag up to 5MB.)
2. Changed the sorting method of song field in library menu.
3. Gain control selection in Quick menu.
4. Time change to entering suspended mode (from 5 sec to 60 sec)
5. Sleep mode icon and text string change
6. Play icon change in status bar.

Aug 6, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #1,033 of 1,185
So I read about the new update. If you look on their site and change log, it does not see like a huge update.

If it will alter the sound, especially brighter, I am also doubting to update.

*** Firmware Version : 1.02.03 Contect ***
=============================================================
1. Fixed an issue that ID3TAG can not interpret normally in files with ID3TAG of 3MB or more.(Opus support ID3Tag up to 5MB.)
2. Changed the sorting method of song field in library menu.
3. Gain control selection in Quick menu.
4. Time change to entering suspended mode (from 5 sec to 60 sec)
5. Sleep mode icon and text string change
6. Play icon change in status bar.

Oh my. Two of those updates excite me. I think I'll go for it.

Aug 24, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #1,034 of 1,185
To connect the Opus2 to the Hugo2 would I need a 3.5mm mini Toslink optical cable? Is this connection as good sound wise as usb to usb?

Update: listened through the H2 and have concluded the Opus#2 sounds very good on its own. Yes H2 is better but not night and day like I thought it would be reading all the praise for it.
Having a long optical lead and another box to carry around and charge isn't really practical, with the new totl daps I can't see it's really necessary to stack, imo.

Opus#2 Rocks :gs1000smile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back