Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016.
Sep 7, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #1,052 of 1,185
What do you think guys, can you control #2 with any smartwatch through Bluetooth and side-loaded watch management app?
If you can get it to work, sounds like a good function.

You probably have to check the android version of Opus #2 and compatability with that version. Tidal app can be side-loaded and shown under streaming option, but not sure about a watch app. Doesn't hurt to try if you have the watch.

Sep 7, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #1,053 of 1,185
What do you think guys, can you control #2 with any smartwatch through Bluetooth and side-loaded watch management app?

To do that you need to install Android Wear app on your Opus#2, and you must be able to make it work.

So that comes me impossible, since we are not allowed Google services on Opus#2, we are not allowed to use Android Wear, too.

You will not be able to pair your watch with Opus#2 how will you be able to use smartwatch control in that case?

Edit: That will be only possible if Opus#2 and your watch pairs succesfully in someway, and someone codes an application on Opus#2 to use that pairing.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018 at 10:12 PM Post #1,054 of 1,185
I just took my Opus #2 out of my backpack and found that all four screws were gone -- and not in my backpack. I believe it is a T6 screw, but does anyone know the length by chance? Thanks!
You have to make sure you tighten them, and also make sure you don't strip them as they are easily strip-able. I've had up to 3 screws falling off, and I had to contact the seller to get more screws as I striped it trying to tighten it with something else other than the torx screw driver. Get a proper torx screw driver (I think T6).

Once I've tightened them, there were no issues of falling off. It's a shame that they didn't tighten the screws enough to prevent this at the factory (poor QC).

Other than that, I'd like to add that Opus #2 sounds best when in USB DAC mode.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2018 at 1:24 AM Post #1,055 of 1,185
Happy to report... the new FW.1.02.04 is much better sounding compared to the previous 1.02.03 (the worst sounding FW)...
What I can remember... this new FW is even better from 1.02.02... dense sounding with more details without bright sounding as in 1.02.03... more layering & 3d holographic soundstage... IMO...
http://www.audio-opus.com/?page_id=15757&uid=588&mod=document
Cheers...

Sep 19, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #1,056 of 1,185
Happy to report... the new FW.1.02.04 is much better sounding compared to the previous 1.02.03 (the worst sounding FW)...
What I can remember... this new FW is even better from 1.02.02... dense sounding with more details without bright sounding as in 1.02.03... more layering & 3d holographic soundstage... IMO...
http://www.audio-opus.com/?page_id=15757&uid=588&mod=document
Cheers...
this is new FW is as of 17th Sept 2018. So it's new new.. thanks for the notification

Sep 26, 2018 at 2:52 AM Post #1,057 of 1,185
the new firmware has brought it to another level. does anyone have a dx200 it can compare it with ?

Sep 30, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #1,058 of 1,185
I'm thinking of either getting one of these or an ibasso dx200. Streaming is not important just sound quality. Which is best?

Oct 20, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #1,059 of 1,185
First of all, I've been having some issues with the screws falling off. Couple screws came out, and now I'm realizing that screws become loose from just vibrational movement of the device, and it will fall off. So, make sure to check if the screw is loosened or not.

Can anybody that uses this device regularly and moves it around in a pack or pocket that can cause vibrations to the device, that has not had a single screw fall out? I'm curious if it's just an issue of QC, and certain devices does not run into this issue?

The screw driver that fits the screws is called torx, and the size of the tip should be T6.

Although this is an annoyance, I like the player so much that I will put up with this.

This is my favorite player, and I would definitely recommend it for others if sound quality is their primary criteria.

I've been using full-sized headphones(that doesn't take much to drive), and it performs quite well compared to other DAPs I've tried . My TH-X00 Ebony gets lots of love from the Opus #2 (Well LPG is an exception, but much more expensive, and I find Opus #2 SQ is better). Very good bass response for a portable player, and it sounds quite balanced across the spectrum. It's my reference DAP.

This is my favorite DAP. This is the only and the primary DAP I use now, so it gets lots of use time from me.

Use locktite

Oct 20, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #1,061 of 1,185
I have lost few screws and notified TheBit support so they shipped me 6 screws for free from Korea by FedEx. If you guys lost screws, contact support and request a replacement. This is significant construction issue but I don't care since this player is so damn good.
Another thing that I'm thinking to sell it since use V30 and don't think it's necessary to keep and carry around so many devices. So, this is my dilemma now.

Oct 20, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #1,062 of 1,185
Hello all

A question if I may, Opus#2 or Astell&Kern sr15 O hell let's add the Astell&Kern se100?
The sr15 has more power than the #2, sr15 it is smaller and sr15 has a better ui with streaming services tidal, deezer.... soon.
What sounds better?

What would you choose and why?

Joe

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #1,063 of 1,185
Hello all

A question if I may, Opus#2 or Astell&Kern sr15 O hell let's add the Astell&Kern se100?
The sr15 has more power than the #2, sr15 it is smaller and sr15 has a better ui with streaming services tidal, deezer.... soon.
What sounds better?

What would you choose and why?

Joe

A&K players only have online streaming. Is there any announcement for offline support?

Opus#2 supports offline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back