Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016.
Oct 30, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #1,086 of 1,185
Well...

12 hours.
This thread is 17 pages long and the folks tasked with promoting it are promoting other items now so let me help you out.

I was (have the mails to prove) in the process of getting the #2.... I got the amp/dac #11 and the #1 metal version and love them both. The #2 was a natural next step. i had the #2 for 2 days via a friend in Osaka. For the life of me i could not tell a sonic difference. I only listened to 3 songs repeatedly for specific reasons and I swear I think the metal sounded better. The dac switch looks good to some on paper but the sonics did not reflect that. I love OPUS and the DAP I got is my best find of 2016.

My PM's to you convinced me to keep mine. (Metal #1) I disagree with Twister about wider deeper sound on the #2 as that was the main thing I was listening for. He will have a listen to the metal version soon. I am interested in his opinion. I hope anyone who replies gives you specific tracks and what part of said tracks are better.

I am really an amp/dac guy so comparing DAP's for 2 months opened my eyes to a shorter sales life cycle and user rivalry (X7 v.s. ONKYO last year) DX200 v.s. X5iii right now. The folks cross post and diminish one over the other and are often short on specifics. I wanted the next OPUS ampdac if they ever release and me being critical of their flagship (in price) is shooting myself in the foot.

Feels good though. If being vague is part and parcel with this hobby then i choose to shoot my foot whenever it seems like a good idea.

I used the Sony ex1000 with comply tips and listened to "On the Run" Pink Floyd, "Heaven (Ain't hard to find)" 2pac, and "Tin Man" America.

Canceled my order 2 weeks ago. Started patrolling DAP threads and found the same X7 v.s. ____ stuff I read last year. Total turn off. Listened to my PHA-3 in balanced with a Note 4 developer edition with no sim and ....think it beats everything.

So yeah, ask specific questions before spending your wad.
You talk but say nothing.

Oct 30, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #1,087 of 1,185
Can the Opus #2 drive sennheiser hd58x jubilee?
I don't see why not, but DAPs are usually not the best amping for full-sized headphones. I have a dedicated home setup for full-sized headphone, and it's more complicated territory to find the setup you're looking for.

DAPs are my go to for portability, and mainly iems. Sometimes use as transportable for full-sized like TH-X00 Ebony when I need an amp out and about. I think 58X is easy enough to drive for a DAP.

Oct 30, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #1,088 of 1,185
I don't see why not, but DAPs are usually not the best amping for full-sized headphones. I have a dedicated home setup for full-sized headphone, and it's more complicated territory to find the setup you're looking for.

DAPs are my go to for portability, and mainly iems. Sometimes use as transportable for full-sized like TH-X00 Ebony when I need an amp out and about. I think 58X is easy enough to drive for a DAP.
Thank you

Oct 31, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #1,092 of 1,185
Got my opus#2 today and I trying to put Deezer and if possible hiby music apk.
I loaded the apk's on sd card and its not seeing them.
I did see and allowed me to install usb audio pro player.

Help please

Oct 31, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #1,093 of 1,185
Got my opus#2 today and I trying to put Deezer and if possible hiby music apk.
I loaded the apk's on sd card and its not seeing them.
I did see and allowed me to install usb audio pro player.

Help please

May be you need to copy apk to device storage ("Internal Storage/Download" folder)

By the way USB Audio Player Pro can be installed but not usable because it needs Google account on Google services that is not available on Opus.

Oct 31, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #1,094 of 1,185
May be you need to copy apk to device storage ("Internal Storage/Download" folder)

By the way USB Audio Player Pro can be installed but not usable because it needs Google account on Google services that is not available on Opus.
Thank
However I have windows 7 pro and it has no driver's.
I've tried just about everything I could think.
The other half has a mac I'll try that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back