Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016.
Sep 26, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #62 of 1,185
  T6, how does the #2 pair with the Zeus? Any noticeable hissing?

It was definitely less than PAW Gold and original Opus#1, but I need to go back and check it again if it's dead silent now or just a little bit of hissing.  To be honest, I actually prefer a very low level of background white noise - makes the sound a little warmer, gives it a more organic analog feeling.  Pitch black background could sound too digital and cold with multi-BAs.

Also, just got for testing iFi iEMatch - now that will be an interesting test to check the hissing of Zeus and impedance mismatch of U12 :wink:

Sep 26, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #63 of 1,185
I get what you are saying. Had the same experience with my former Sony A15 player. I did like the warm, analog feeling from the hiss, but it also affected the transparency which I did not like.

After listening to a warm sound for a couple of days, when I switch over to a clean, bright sound, I like the refreshing feeling it offers. And after listening to a bright sound for a couple of days, when I switch to the warm sound, I enjoy the comfort it offers. I guess the trick is to own gears that offer both experiences.

Great. Looking forward to hearing more about the IEMatch. But for the U12, wouldn't ithe IEMatch do the exact opposite of what the U12 needs?

Sep 26, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #64 of 1,185
I get what you are saying. Had the same experience with my former Sony A15 player. I did like the warm, analog feeling from the hiss, but it also affected the transparency which I did not like.

After listening to a warm sound for a couple of days, when I switch over to a clean, bright sound, I like the refreshing feeling it offers. And after listening to a bright sound for a couple of days, when I switch to the warm sound, I enjoy the comfort it offers. I guess the trick is to own gears that offer both experiences.

Great. Looking forward to hearing more about the IEMatch. But for the U12, wouldn't ithe IEMatch do the exact opposite of what the U12 needs?

Confirmed, a very faint hissing while pairing up Zeus-R with Opus#2.  In comparison, you get probably a few dBs more of hissing noise floor with Opus#1 and PAW Gold.

Just to clarify, I still hear a very transparent and nicely layered sound with Opus#2, but it does smooth things out a bit, you don't get the same sharp transient response as you do with a pitch black background.  Funny that with PAW Gold you do get sharper response (talking about a sound on/off transient), but due to so much power and a different amp implementation - you can't take advantage of it with sensitive IEMs/CIEMs that tend to hiss more.

Sep 27, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #65 of 1,185
I just received the Opus 2 yesterday, and I am very impressed with the slightly tweaked UI. The design of the DAP itself is beautiful, and the leather case is top quality. I typically never use high or medium gain for IEMs, but I feel like I have to at least use Medium gain with the Opus 2. The low gain doesn't seem to give much power off, but I haven't tried them with the Zeus or Andromeda yet. Medium gain seems much better with the Katana. 

Sep 27, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #66 of 1,185
Does the opus #2 bluetooth work well? How does it sound compared to the wired connection? Another advantage of course is the wifi. Does this drain the battery fast? 
I also assume it has the enhanced op-amp that is used in the opus 1 premium. Does anyone know which one it is?

Sep 27, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #67 of 1,185
I just received the Opus 2 yesterday, and I am very impressed with the slightly tweaked UI. The design of the DAP itself is beautiful, and the leather case is top quality. I typically never use high or medium gain for IEMs, but I feel like I have to at least use Medium gain with the Opus 2. The low gain doesn't seem to give much power off, but I haven't tried them with the Zeus or Andromeda yet. Medium gain seems much better with the Katana. 

How does it compared to your other impressive sources, like AK 380 or LPG?
I owned the Opus 1 and I am thinking to buy the Opus2, but I don't Know for the Moment how Big is the difference?

Regards from Germany

Sep 27, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #68 of 1,185
How does it compared to your other impressive sources, like AK 380 or LPG?
I owned the Opus 1 and I am thinking to buy the Opus2, but I don't Know for the Moment how Big is the difference?

Regards from Germany

It is still a bit early for me to make a strong comparison between those three. I've only used the Opus2 with the Andromeda and Katana so far, but I do prefer the Opus2 over my ZX2 and Plenue S paired with those IEMs. 

Sep 27, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #69 of 1,185

Confirmed, a very faint hissing while pairing up Zeus-R with Opus#2.  In comparison, you get probably a few dBs more of hissing noise floor with Opus#1 and PAW Gold.

Just to clarify, I still hear a very transparent and nicely layered sound with Opus#2, but it does smooth things out a bit, you don't get the same sharp transient response as you do with a pitch black background.  Funny that with PAW Gold you do get sharper response (talking about a sound on/off transient), but due to so much power and a different amp implementation - you can't take advantage of it with sensitive IEMs/CIEMs that tend to hiss more.

Cool. Thanks for sharing that. 
beerchug.gif

Sep 27, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #70 of 1,185
It is still a bit early for me to make a strong comparison between those three. I've only used the Opus2 with the Andromeda and Katana so far, but I do prefer the Opus2 over my ZX2 and Plenue S paired with those IEMs. 

Thanks for your answer....better then the Plenue S:D But please let me Know about your expirience :cool:

Oct 1, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #73 of 1,185
One of my friends says opus 2 can streaming spotify, is it true?

Oct 1, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #74 of 1,185

It has technical ability to run Spotify (runs on Android and has WiFi) but I have heard Opus blocks 3rd party apps so you can't really install Spotify.
So you cannot steam Spotify unless they preinstall it, they unlock the apps or some Android geek unlocks it for us.

Oct 1, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #75 of 1,185

It has technical ability to run Spotify (runs on Android and has WiFi) but I have heard Opus blocks 3rd party apps so you can't really install Spotify.
So you cannot steam Spotify unless they preinstall it, they unlock the apps or some Android geek unlocks it for us.

Initial beta fw doesn't allow install of 3rd party apps, for now the Android environment is locked.  But theBit team is working on the next update.  Keeping my fingers crossed maybe they will enable streaming services, following A&K footsteps.  I guess will see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back