thebit Opus#1S DAP impressions
May 25, 2018 at 1:47 AM Post #421 of 945
I found it quite annoying when I want to add new songs because I couldn't listen to it immediately. Wish there was a way to turn it off or at the very least make folder browsing independent of the scan.

Annoying it is - just adding a few songs. I've gotten into a habit of doing some chores while the insanely slow scan happens.

May 25, 2018 at 3:32 AM Post #422 of 945
Have you figured out how to sleep it with a button or something?

Right now, what I do is that I have to set a timer by pulling the menu from the top down. and hit the sleep button and wait for the minimum time which is 10 minutes.

May 25, 2018 at 4:46 AM Post #423 of 945

Right now, what I do is that I have to set a timer by pulling the menu from the top down. and hit the sleep button and wait for the minimum time which is 10 minutes.

When I first received my unit I questioned Opus about that issue, I was advised to simply stop/pause playback and close the screen from the top (power) button, that will put it to sleep.

May 25, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #424 of 945

This is absolutely useless to turn the DAP off on a dialy basis, why the hell would you do this ?

Opus and Sony DAPs share a VERY useful feature call deep sleep, which means that the battery drains very slowly over idle mode (= screen off, music paused). The best thing is that it makes your DAP instantly ready for use, like a smartphone.

I sold my AK380 precisely because of this, it was too much of a pain to turn it off and on upon need, which is 30 seconds plus systematic scan (which drains battery faster).

With my Opus #1/#1S and Sony WM1Z, when I want to start I light the screen, when I'm finished I pause music and turn the screen off, in pure smartphone style. And they still easily last for 2 weeks this way. I only switch them completely off if I know I'm not going to use them at all for at least 2 weeks.

Last edited:
May 25, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #425 of 945
This is absolutely useless to turn the DAP off on a dialy basis, why the hell would you do this ?

Opus and Sony DAPs share a VERY useful feature call deep sleep, which means that the battery drains very slowly over idle mode (= screen off, music paused). The best thing is that it makes your DAP instantly ready for use, like a smartphone.

I sold my AK380 precisely because of this, it was too much of a pain to turn it off and on upon need, which is 30 seconds plus systematic scan (which drains battery faster).

With my Opus #1/#1S and Sony WM1Z, when I want to start I light the screen, when I'm finished I pause music and turn the screen off, in pure smartphone style. And they still easily last for 2 weeks this way. I only switch them completely off if I know I'm not going to use them at all for at least 2 weeks.
I think all FiiO players that came out after the X5ii have this feature too.

What is the maximum amount of drain per day you've experienced?

May 25, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #426 of 945
I think all FiiO players that came out after the X5ii have this feature too.

What is the maximum amount of drain per day you've experienced?
For Opus #1/#1S, about 4-5% per day with no use, which is better than most smartphones.

I had X5iii for a little while : the drain on idle was appalling and the battery life was barely 6 hours when playing music. Dreadful...

May 25, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #427 of 945
For Opus #1/#1S, about 4-5% per day with no use, which is better than most smartphones.

I had X5iii for a little while : the drain on idle was appalling and the battery life was barely 6 hours when playing music. Dreadful...
That bad? How much did it drain on idle?

I'm currently using a N5ii and it drains about 7-8% per day on idle. It has no deep sleep function so i guess it's pretty OK but my metal opus is still more efficient on idle about 2-3% per day. I was surprised to see that it was still quite full despite 2-3 weeks of idling.

May 27, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #428 of 945
If anyone wants to know. I just got a pair of Campfire Audio Comet earphones. With an extra balanced 2.5mm ALO copper Litz cable.

Nice ... Extremely good ... A tad on the bassy side ... Just the way I like it

Though you have to set to high gain and use volume around 50

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #429 of 945
How does this compare to original opus?

Jun 4, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #431 of 945
So does anybody have the latest FW uploaded to a 3rd party site? 1hr for 212mb is ridiculous

Jun 6, 2018 at 6:06 AM Post #433 of 945
Jun 6, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #435 of 945
Lol thanks guys, two days late so I finished the DL that night. Was gonna host it as well if nobody else did.

Maybe @peter123 can add the FW link to the main post and update as neccesary ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back