thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Apr 16, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #4,022 of 4,190
I've got a weird one, I copied an CD (FLAC really) to my SD1 card in Opus, I can see it when I connect Opus to File Explorer in Windows.
I can't see the album in my Opus, not by artist, Album, can't find any songs. Anyone got any ideas? I'd really like to listen to it since I paid for the download!
Edit.
Just recopied the songs to the same folder, I can now see the songs but not the album.
still looking for ideas on this one.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #4,023 of 4,190
I've got a weird one, I copied an CD (FLAC really) to my SD1 card in Opus, I can see it when I connect Opus to File Explorer in Windows.
I can't see the album in my Opus, not by artist, Album, can't find any songs. Anyone got any ideas? I'd really like to listen to it since I paid for the download!

Did you try folder view? If it is not tagged correctly the other sort options will not work.

Apr 16, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #4,024 of 4,190
Did you try folder view? If it is not tagged correctly the other sort options will not work.
I recopied the files and can now see the songs but not the album. I couldn't see it in Folder view when I checked before.
Might try copying the whole folder again.

Apr 16, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #4,025 of 4,190
deleted the folder in Windows explorer. recopied the folder (album name) back to XD card in OPUS and it worked sort of.
It's not listed when I open artist, but I find it in Albums. I'll play with it some more later when I'm not at work (wasted enough time already)

Apr 16, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #4,027 of 4,190
deleted the folder in Windows explorer. recopied the folder (album name) back to XD card in OPUS and it worked sort of.
It's not listed when I open artist, but I find it in Albums. I'll play with it some more later when I'm not at work (wasted enough time already)

If you are using the Opus#1 internal memory, the folder with your music should go in the "Music" folder. If the music is going on an SD card it can just be placed in the root folder of the card.

Apr 16, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #4,028 of 4,190
Where do people have their gain set on the #1 ?

Is this for hard to drive headphones etc ? Please excuse my ignorance.

Yes. Gain behaves similarly to volume- setting gain higher increases the maximum possible volume. It is basically a uniform pre-set adjustment to the amplifier output strength. The main drawback of setting gain higher is that it can increase background noise and make the volume setting increments bigger (Not sure how much this is an issue with Op1).

I've seen conflicting opinion on the best way to set gain and volume- personally I like to set the gain low and use a higher volume adjustment- I mostly listen on IEMs so only use Low and Medium gain settings. I like this because it helps minimize the risk of equipment or hearing damage if I set the volume high for one earphone and then forget to reduce the volume when switching to a more sensitive earphone, or somehow accidentally set the volume very high (like leaving in line out mode).

If you want an actual technical explanation this one is good https://blog.jdslabs.com/2015/06/power-is-volume/

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #4,029 of 4,190
If you are using the Opus#1 internal memory, the folder with your music should go in the "Music" folder. If the music is going on an SD card it can just be placed in the root folder of the card.
nope, I'm writing to the Xd card 1 under a folder of XD1:/Johnny Winter/ MFSL Second Winter/ finally got it to show up but it took 3 attempts at copying. Not sure what that was all about...

Apr 19, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #4,030 of 4,190
nope, I'm writing to the Xd card 1 under a folder of XD1:/Johnny Winter/ MFSL Second Winter/ finally got it to show up but it took 3 attempts at copying. Not sure what that was all about...

I find it can be quite sensitive if the files have any errors in them. Sometimes they show up under unknown album or artist and are not playable. Checking it in iTunes shows the same sometimes and a fresh rip usually does the trick with error correction

May 1, 2019 at 2:15 AM Post #4,032 of 4,190
can opus#1 be recommended for death metal or prog rock?!
thinking of getting this DAP.

Not sure I've ever heard of a genre-specific DAP. IME, if this were an issue, probably more likely something to do with specific headphones not matching well with the DAP due to power or output impedance issues, something like that?

For what it's worth, I occasionally listen to death metal and prog on Opus1 with no apparent ill effects.

May 13, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #4,033 of 4,190
OK everyone, by Opus #1 is on its way back "home" for a new battery. In round numbers, $35 USPS flat rate international priority, $40 to Opus for the battery, I haven't been quoted return shipping yet. I'll post the results here when I get my player back.

I received my Opus #1 DAP late last week and am listening to it now. The weird shutting off in the middle of song seems to be cured. Thanks to theBIT for fixing my office player.

May 17, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #4,034 of 4,190
Opus #1 (Metal) odd/inconsistent connections to PC

Hello. My Opus has started behaving erratically when connecting to my PC for file transfer to the external cards. I'm finding it extremely difficult to transfer new music to the device.

- Windows 10 Home w/ latest updates
- Opus has the latest FW installed
- 2x128 gb Sandisk Extreme TF cards (these same cards have been in use in the DAP for over a year)
- 99% FLAC burned from CDs, some hi-res files from HDtracks

When connecting (tried different USB cords/ports) the Opus will often show NO music folders in Explorer upon being clicked open, OR a folder name (A-D, for example) but NO music inside, or perhaps one completely OK card shown with all folders/files, BUT no 2nd card shown at all and possibly a combination of correct and missing folders/albums.

I have done a factory reset and also multiple DB initializes. After the re-scan I just performed the #1 doesn't even appear in the Windows "THIS PC" list!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The player seems to work fine in use-it just won't let me add new albums.

THANK YOU!

May 17, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #4,035 of 4,190
Opus #1 (Metal) odd/inconsistent connections to PC

Hello. My Opus has started behaving erratically when connecting to my PC for file transfer to the external cards. I'm finding it extremely difficult to transfer new music to the device.

- Windows 10 Home w/ latest updates
- Opus has the latest FW installed
- 2x128 gb Sandisk Extreme TF cards (these same cards have been in use in the DAP for over a year)
- 99% FLAC burned from CDs, some hi-res files from HDtracks

When connecting (tried different USB cords/ports) the Opus will often show NO music folders in Explorer upon being clicked open, OR a folder name (A-D, for example) but NO music inside, or perhaps one completely OK card shown with all folders/files, BUT no 2nd card shown at all and possibly a combination of correct and missing folders/albums.

I have done a factory reset and also multiple DB initializes. After the re-scan I just performed the #1 doesn't even appear in the Windows "THIS PC" list!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The player seems to work fine in use-it just won't let me add new albums.

THANK YOU!

This probably isn't your problem, but I'll say it anyway: if your SD cards are nearly full, it may take your PC a while to read them and recognize them. Perhaps once you connect your Opus to your PC walk away for a couple of minutes to let your computer "see" the devices?

Also, have you tried removing the SD cards and connecting them directly to your PC and then adding/ deleting music directly? That may work if the read/ write problem is with your player itself. Of course, the rub here is your Opus would need to re-read your SD card(s) every time you insert them.

Other than that, I got nothin', sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back