thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Sep 21, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #3,871 of 4,190
The Opus #1 (metal edition) responds really well when fed line out to the ALO Rx for iems , only one watt,
but what a pure watt it is!!!!! controls full size headphones out of it as well as power hungry iems
like the IMR1, and gives more depth, controlled bass and better tone. dont need it most of the time
but when i use it im glad i do...

Sep 23, 2018 at 2:25 AM Post #3,872 of 4,190
I've been using my second hand bought Opus 1 a lot at work and the sound is wonderful. Only problem I have is that it's taken my music organised in folders for different genres and just put them all in one long queue. Any suggestions?

Sep 27, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #3,874 of 4,190
What chi-fi IEM would sound good with Opus#1?

Oct 2, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #3,877 of 4,190
Is it better to leave the DAP on sleep mode or is it better to turn it off instead?

Leave it in sleep mode. If you turn it off, it will have to rescan your entire music library when you start it up. With my two full 128gb cards this takes 15 or 20 minutes!

Oct 2, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #3,878 of 4,190
Leave it in sleep mode. If you turn it off, it will have to rescan your entire music library when you start it up. With my two full 128gb cards this takes 15 or 20 minutes!

I left it on sleep once for a few days and forgot about it. I had trouble turning it on this morning, it just wouldn't react to my charging cable. After playing around with it, it finally turned on with 30% battery left.

Did you ever run into that issue? Maybe i'm being paranoid but i'm wondering if leaving it on sleep mode can damage the battery or something.

Thankfully I don't have that much music :) so turning it on and off wouldn't be a problem for me. I'm just concerned about whether leaving it on for long periods of time or shutting it off and on would cause problems to the battery.

Oct 2, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #3,879 of 4,190
I left it on sleep once for a few days and forgot about it. I had trouble turning it on this morning, it just wouldn't react to my charging cable. After playing around with it, it finally turned on with 30% battery left.

Did you ever run into that issue? Maybe i'm being paranoid but i'm wondering if leaving it on sleep mode can damage the battery or something.

Thankfully I don't have that much music :) so turning it on and off wouldn't be a problem for me. I'm just concerned about whether leaving it on for long periods of time or shutting it off and on would cause problems to the battery.

I think if you search the thread you will find that many people just leave it in sleep mode. To bring it out of sleep mode you just quickly press the button. If you hold it down you will end up turning it off.

With two card slots, you need more music! :)

What firmware are you using? I still need to update to the newest one. I have the one before that.

Oct 2, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #3,880 of 4,190
I think if you search the thread you will find that many people just leave it in sleep mode. To bring it out of sleep mode you just quickly press the button. If you hold it down you will end up turning it off.

With two card slots, you need more music! :)

What firmware are you using? I still need to update to the newest one. I have the one before that.

I haven't even touched the firmware yet. Does upgrading the firmware help?

I purchased mine from someone else so I assume I'm still using stock, I'll check it out later tonight.

Pretty amazing DAP so far though. I'm still concerned about it's durability since I had trouble turning it on this morning after putting it in sleep mode.

This DAP pairs amazingly well with the UE 18+ Pro and I plan on pairing it with my Focal Clears when I get them in a few days. This definitely has me thinking about getting the Opus #3 next since I read thats the next logical upgrade.

Oct 8, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #3,882 of 4,190
Is there a way to remove duplicates from your playlist?

It's really annoying when I'm trying to create a playlist and sometimes when I try creating playlists on the fly, it'll add to the playlist regardless if there is a duplicate or not.

Also since the playlist isn't sorted alphabetically, I can't easily find which song has a duplicate or not.

I also read on this thread that most people create their playlist through their PC but it'd be great if I can do it through the hardware instead...

Is there a way I can create a playlist where there are no duplicates?

Oct 11, 2018 at 2:58 AM Post #3,883 of 4,190
Has anyone tried this DAP with BGVP DMG?

I am looking for 80-120$ chi-fi IEM to pair balanced.

Oct 16, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #3,884 of 4,190
Below is a link to the latest Opus#1 FW 1_2_00_10. The zipped file is in a folder on my Google Drive. It uploaded to Drive in about 3 minutes and downloaded to my PC faster than that. (You may get a warning that Google can't scan file due to its size.)
The original FW installed easily and fairly quickly on my #1 following Opus instructions. If you find this link is not working, let me know. (This is the first time I've tried sharing a file on Drive.)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BDqaswuwU_qLhiJ7trkqDXSB4aAX7wmp?usp=sharing

Thank you. The Bit webpage download is still incredibly slow.

Oct 16, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #3,885 of 4,190

Users who are viewing this thread

Back